It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
@ Timely, Yep, and Hi there!

@Martin, I'm glad your ok, sorry you had a terrible weekend!

@ Jacy, """"HUGS""" you right back.

I really hope that that thread was just in the "bad idea" category, not, "I'm really like this" category.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Just a quick check in. Sorry I have been MIA. I had a medication reaction and ended up spending the weekend in the ER. Just wanted to stop by and let everyone know I am still alive.

They have scheduled Paul's surgery for May 25th.

Marty!! I'm so sorry to read this! *hugs*

I wondered why you were AWOL, you usually pop in. That must have been frightening for you.
My daughter (and a friend) are both having horrible reactions to medications right now and I've been researching like crazy for answers.
So glad you're out of the hospital and able to talk to us again.

May 25th for Paul...? At least you have a little time to get ready for this, how long is his down-time (recovery) expected to be? Geez, it's always something lately isn't it? You know we're here if you need/want to talk.

Timely...Thank you! I know. I usually let personal remarks slide but under the circumstances I had to say something.
(some days I just want to reach through the monitor and bitch-slap somebody, lol)
jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Sounds like The Shed has it's own battle this morning. Does Marty need to kick some asses?

So glad my weekend madness is over. I couldn't have even told you my name this weekend. I have never felt so looped out in my life! Yesterday I couldn't even move out of bed. I'm starting to feel human again.

Paul will have surgery May 25th. We are planning to use his pericardial tissues but will have a mechanical valve on the table for back-up if needed. He will be down for 4-5 days in the hospital (2-3 in ICU). They usually expect a 6-8 week recovery but because he works security they are looking at a 3-4 month plan before he returns to work. We make one more trip on the 10th to meet with the surgeon and line out all the last minute questions.

[[[HUGS]]]Thank you all for your support and encouragement! You will never know how much it means!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Nah, we're good but thank you. Another thread (I think it's been shut down now?) somebody accused me of being a S&F whore basically, lol. Everybody pretty much pounced on the newbie OP, hehe...just for the awful things that were said (not just to me).

Wow, your experience sounds horrific! I'm so glad you're feeling better now.

I did do some research on Paul's impending surgery, and the comments from previous patients (and family members) were all positive, so that's good! I'm sure you're both stressed out but like you said, he's in good hands and that's all you can ask for. Pretty soon he will be home again recuperating...maybe he would like to visit The Shed? (lol)

Just please keep us informed here, time zones etc. are all different but everyone here is Team Jess & Paul...so there's lots of love being sent your way.
jacy

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Glad you are back and with some 'tude too !!

We will all be with you on May 25 ... rest easy until then.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure I should unleash a sick hubby on The Shed. LOL It might never recover!

Team Jess & Paul - I LOVE THAT! LOL

Don't worry. Come the 25th you will get enough updates to kill ya!

a reply to: Timely
Thank you to each and every one of you!!!!! You guys have no idea how much this means!

edit on 4/25/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Ohh girl...health related issues are something MOST of us here can relate to, either personally or with a spouse or family member. We all need support at some point, so of course we're here for you.

If Paul gets bored we can keep him company. (he can't be any weirder than his wife, eh?) hahahaha....

I may have to run away any moment. It's pouring rain, hubby's outside work is cancelled but they're in the shop and I may have to go pick him up. Being with a non-driver is almost like having a permanent pre-teen around, but I won't admit I said that out loud!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just got here. Don't anyone leave! LOL

Ok, gotta catch up and have more coffee.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I AM interested!

The band contains several of my good friends, so it would be great if it worked out. I am rustier than a sunken battleship at the moment though, since my bass is... less than playable at the moment. So I shall have to work through some riffs with my buddy, the guitarist, and see if I can understand what they are after from me, and of course, if I am capable of delivering it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I am rather partial to the English Breakfast style of tea. I also like the very occasional dip into Assam tea as well. But generally its the English Breakfast style stuff that I like best. Pyramid bags from PG Tipps.... does it for me, every time. Strong brew, tiny splosh of milk... lovely.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My apologies. Running late today and my friend called and is coming to get me. Sigh...I did want to spend at least a little time with everyone, but I must run.

Love to all who enter! I will see you folks tonight!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
We will hold down the fort for ya and try to keep everyone outta trouble!
Have fun out and about today sweet NightStar!

Hello True & Mama!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

::::BigG runs in, grabs a beer & a donut... tweaks Jessies Pigtails... De-Tunes Pate's Bass... sticks his tongue out at Jessie's mum... knocks over a jar of Pixie Dust... laughs maniacally.... calls Jacy a "StarHo!" and runs back out::::

PS - Just in case anyone hasn't met Jessie's mum...

edit on 25-4-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a photo

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Leave it to you to put a cackle in the air! Hello Gordi, how are ya? LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Good morftereven, folks! Shepherd in tha house, yo!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Speak for yourself, Admin. I for one intend to throw a party when the Mayor's away.

Black & Tans for everyone! Coming up!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
OK but I'm putting this on you Shep!
Sorry Night, I tried to behave, Shep made me do it, I have pics to prove it!

SEE!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh dear!

The Black & Tan looks perfect. The pulling/twisting, erm, not so much... LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
I needed proof that I had been snickered into it. Can't have my good reputation tarnished. LOL

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Black'n'Tan... I'm IN!!!

(But that pic looks nothing like any Black'n'Tan that I've ever made! and what the dickens is Black Lager???
Does Black Lager Matter?? LOL)

I have the ingredients for the best Black'n'Tan ever in my fridge right now....
Belhaven Scottish Oat Stout and Newcastle Brown Ale! OMFG! That is All!

hi Shep!

G

PS -

edit on 25-4-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a photo

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join