It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 148
<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That story about hospital staffing makes me angry.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Come to think of it I'm stealing this from myself. XD

Thanks Martin!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Jacy Oh sweetie your story really made me feel better. That is kind of the nightmare scene I was seeing playing out in my mind.

Yes, after reading your reply. Tuesday is a perfect day for surgery and will be MUCH better!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: Martin75

*Walks up looking like a seedy merchant complete with trenchcoat*

Pssst! Yeah, you!

*Looks around furtively*

I heard you're in the market for...

(Whispers) stories?

*Opens the coat to reveal a bunch of sparkly globes that contain different colored light*

Sorry I missed responding to this. This was absolutely perfect!!!!!! I see you coming up to me in a dark alley offering stories...hmmmmm which one shall I pick.

Actually I can just click on your name and this statement is true. Now, let me see which of your sparkly globes I shall pick first.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Hehe!
I thought it was perfect too- I can see it being a full art illustration that I would place as the first page in each of my books, manga style

I link my stories and poems over here as per request. But I wouldn't foist my philosophical ramblings haha!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
That would make an amazing story cover!!! I can see it now etched out in ink...

I love to click on a name and let that lead me through their ATS. I think today, you shall lead me around....

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Hello Lucid! Nice to see you here so early, the morning crew has been slacking lately, lol.

Marty, I'm glad you're feeling better about Tuesday.

Every day has it's own energy and here is what I read about Tuesdays:

"Tuesday is ruled by the planet of action and energy, Mars and is a great day for getting things done.
If Monday is all about setting the emotional tone, Tuesday is all about putting that tone into action."

There is more, at this link:
foreverconscious.com

Makes sense to me, that on Monday you will be setting the emotional tone...feeling love and concern, and looking forward to moving past all this...and Tuesday is the day to put that tone into action.

I am a great believer in energy, lol.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well it'll be quite the dance I can assure you! Well as long as you don't mind the akward limbs, and the stepping on toes, missteps here and there. I've had a few rapid growth spurts and I'm still trying to adjust!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Morning! Energy huh, I remember when I had energy... Yeah those were the days, back when cellphones had to be flipped and you actually had to use the remote to change the channel...

I believe in energy too. Not always sure it works the way people tell me, but hey
edit on 25-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: I missed me somehow

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have been enjoying watching you stretch your legs although I don't remember seeing you step on toes or misstep...

"Tuesday is ruled by the planet of action and energy, Mars and is a great day for getting things done.
If Monday is all about setting the emotional tone, Tuesday is all about putting that tone into action."

Then Tuesday is perfect to "Get er Done"!
Thank you for looking that up. God, what would I do without you guys!?! You guys are just so freaking awesome!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I believe that everything has energy including words, both spoken and written.

Oh, we're reminiscing are we?
Okay. Well, when I had lots of energy we had a landline phone with a long cord attached to the wall...our first tv was black & white and had no remote control (yes I was a young kid then)...and we played outside all day without getting burnt and drank water from a garden hose.

The first time I used a phone in my car I called my kids in the house, and basically felt like I was dealing with Star Trek technology, lol. Ahh, the gold old days.
*wanders away forgetting which thread she's in and what the topic was*

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

My mind trails so sometimes I'll go somewhere and just stop or I'll drop a word or two. Or I can't get something to come out right, which would be the stepping on toes.

Hmm well if you weren't on ats you might be getting stuff done!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Do you remember when we use to laugh about talking to someone and getting to see them. “Facetime” used to be a dream of ours. I can remember my first call from the car, I thought I was soooooo cool. LOL

Hmm well if you weren't on ats you might be getting stuff done!

But that would be absolutely no fun!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I would personally say, especially words haha. Even ones that aren't spoken or seen

Okay you've got me beat! Unless you want to do the whole Monty Python skit "oh, when I was growing up we were lucky to have a box to sleep in!"

*Goes out and catches the wandering Jacy* time for your nap...
mine too maybe

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
OK I am the dork that totally missed the Monty Python

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I do remember the excitement of actually meeting a group of people that I had been online chat friends with. We met at a restaurant in Toronto and it was crazy to see the faces behind the words.

I was thrilled when I got my first computer and internet and was able to talk to people all over the world. I had ICQ (uh-oh!) and a guy in Australia helped me learn how to upload pictures, etc. because I was such a newbie.

I don't like how everyone uses social media instead of face-to-face interaction now though.
Every 'real' exchange with another person is also a transfer of energy, positive or negative.
I notice how after many hours alone I 'come alive' if my friend comes to visit, or if I go to see someone.

But other people can also be really negative, energy vampires...who suck the life out of me and then I feel depleted and empty. Dang caffeine must have kicked in, I'm too chatty now, lol.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

Okay you've got me beat! Unless you want to do the whole Monty Python skit "oh, when I was growing up we were lucky to have a box to sleep in!"

I would totally go toe-to-toe with you in a Monty Python skit quote showdown, lol.

A while ago Gordi and I replied to each other using only Eagle's song titles. Nobody knew what the heck we were talking about, but we knew.

Oh, and "You're mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Just sayin'

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It's okay I missed the science fiction and comic books I was too busy reading fantasy.

I dunno Jacy. I mean, yeah, I get it if you're in the same city as someone and you only ever hit them up on social media or texting whatever. But I feel like it's a lot better to meet someone through words first, as long as both people are being honest. You get to know more of how they think and act I think. Then again I can't say I'm not biased in this regard

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Good morning all!

I've been chuckling with you all "reminiscing"
Jacy, we did the same things! Isn't it strange that we didn't get sunburned? We were gone from sunrise to sunset in the summertime.

And do you all remember, being able to remember 15-20 phone #'s? Funny that I can still remember our old house phone #.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

No I don't remember that never called anyone growing up.

We never got burned cus we were always tanned haha. Or something like that anyway

top topics

<< 145  146  147    149  150  151 >>

join