It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Gooooooooooooooood Tuesday morning folks!!!!!

It's 55 degrees here in the capital city of West Virginia on this Tuesday morning the 23rd day of May 2017. Yet I'm sitting out here on the porch in front of the house. Sitting here wearing shorts while listening to some Hank Williams Jr. Something tells me I may regret the shorts decision later.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sweet dreams star! Morning football. Time for me to go to sleep too though I think here pretty soon

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Sleep? What is this thing called "sleep?" Whatever it is, it sounds so nice.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Good morning Shed Family!

I'm sorry, but I am not caught up on everyone's stories/poems, etc. but will be reading everything at some point this week. My car is off the road for now so I will be at home for an undetermined amount of time.

Without going into a lot of long and boring details, she (car) is leaking gasoline, enough to make it unsafe to drive. The friend/mechanic who sold it to me went away for the long weekend and works driving truck through the week. I have no idea when he will get to look at her, so basically...it is what it is.

I google searched like a maniac and found many other Saturn owners with the same issue. Likely the fuel line, although GM did do a recall on the fuel pump (and to my dismay my VIN # wasn't on the list although the year & model are supposed to be).

I've always been like a caged animal without wheels but I'm strangely calm about this situation. Actually relieved that I am getting a break from care-taking duties and have decided to look at this as "down time" for me. I expect to be spending much more time in The Shed and I'm looking forward to that.

I really enjoyed reading the pages in here that I missed, loved the little conversations and seeing old friends returning to say "hi". Also delighted that many people find refuge and comfort here...and of course, the writing!! (stories & poems)

My friend is picking me up this morning so that we can drive to the Indian Reserve and buy cheap cigarettes. A road trip with a girlfriend and a stock-up of smokes, hehe...I guess I'm easily pleased.

Anyways, I am here for morning coffee and then will likely be here for the afternoon. Will start catching up on stories/poems and might even try to write a piece for Lucid's contest.
I hope everyone is well.
*huuuuge squishy hugs* to all...
jacy

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Jacy's baaaacccckkkk!!!!

Have fun on your trip!
Even a short trip with a girlfriend can be great for the soul.
I've been lurking, nowhere good to 'jump in' LOL
Sooooo....back to the bushes!

*oops! Sorry Kaelci!*
(Pretty sure that was her toe I stepped on!)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
*Shep groggily looks up at the sleeping Sheddites*

Must've been quite the late night.

*Pulls blankets over the other slumbering forms*
*Unsteadily brews pot of strong coffee*
*Looks hopefully around for a decent donut*

Oh! Hi Jacy! Welcome back home, girl!

Ironically our second car has a gas leak as well. They took a look at it and said it would require pulling the tank and replacing the entire gas AND brake fluid line. So it's no longer safe to drive either. It will be donated for parts. Kind of sad - it was a beater, but I enjoyed that car.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Good morning, Chirp!
How are the rolling hills of Tennessee this morning?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
Good morning, Chirp!
How are the rolling hills of Tennessee this morning?

They're quite lovely, albeit a bit rainy

Where's Swanne when you need him?!
Hmpf!
Hope you, the missus and the shepperditos (sp?) are well!

Gatlinburg is beautiful this time of year!

(hint hint)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Mrs. Shepherd and the Shepherditos are well, albeit sunburned. There was an outdoor event the kids were a part of yesterday. We had a full day of sunshine for the first time in two weeks, and apparently the sunblock was safely along - in the car. So, they're all still sleeping, it's just me in our sun-room (looks out on the back yard and has windows on 3 sides. It's all trees and birds with the occasional deer or turkey family. Although today it's softly raining and I can hear the dripping of the water falling in the downspout next to the corner I'm sitting in.)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ooooh! *squeals*

So happy to see Thelma and Shep here this morning!!

I have to get my butt in gear and start getting dressed, but I'm going to stay logged in until I leave, lol.
(come back later today if you can, either of you!)

I promise to grab donuts when I'm out and I'll save y'all some nice ones.

Long weekends always screw me up, so I have to keep telling myself "it's Tuesday" today. It rained most of the weekend so there will have been a lot of Canadians drinking beer in tents, hehe...
Today the sun is shining here...hope you are all having a nice day too.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have meetings today but I'll be checking in from time to time.

There are a couple posts in the last 3-4 pages I would like to respond to but not until I have time to write them out properly.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Same here, Shep. There are a few people I would like to respond to...and I believe I need to read your last story entry too.

I hope our Marty is feeling better today...she is usually here bright and early.

Hopefully some of the lurkers will get hungry and climb in the kitchen window. I'm not throwing donuts out today folks, ya gotta come in and say "hello", lol.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hey everyone.

Hope you are all well.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Jess had a rough night the night before last - in the ER with gastric difficulties of some kind, it sounded like it was brought on by stress over Paul. Likely she is still recovering; did not hear much from her yesterday.
ETA: Uh, clearly you already knew that as you said "feeling better today." Like I said, just getting going this morning...

a reply to: TrueBrit

I believe it would be Good Afternoon to you, sir. Just sort of getting going here - it's 7:25 AM so the coffee and a nice soft blanket are keeping me warm on a cool, sodden (not sodding) Tuesday morning.

edit on 5-23-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Apparently my brain is not fully engaged yet this morning, that is the reason for this edit!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Gotta log off for a bit, folks. My coworkers would appreciate it if I showered & brushed my teeth before coming in - LOL.

Talk to you guys in a bit!

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
*jacy waves hello and good-bye to TrueBrit and Shep, and wanders down the hall to the kitchen.*

I should be lurking around here reading and catching up for a while if anyone is home.
If not, I might just play some loud obnoxious music and irritate the neighbours.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Nice. Well, play loud obnoxious music for a bit. I'm not feeling well and am going to head back home. Be back online in about 45.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Oh geez, I'm sorry you're not feeling well!!
You must be unwell if you're going home...

I will play something soothing for you, just in case you have a headache.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Happy 12:43 pm my time Jacy. It's always so good to see that you have gotten out of bed and are getting ready to throw donuts at us. Hope you have a great time away from home today. Don't forget the sunscreen.
edit on 5 23 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey Blue! (how interesting, I played "Behind Blue Eyes" and then voila, there is Blue!)

Actually I've already been out and come back home again, lol.
My friend picked me up just after 9 and we had a nice drive through the countryside. Came back to my place, had tea...and now she has gone home.

I thought I was alone here...how are you doing today?
I get up at 4 am so I'm ready for more coffee now before the mid-afternoon slump hits.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join