It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

That is a lovely thought!

I should have gotten up earlier in the day, but I was sleeping like a baby without pain and so peaceful. Now it's evening already. OMG! LOL

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

WOW! What a beautiful pic and sentiment!

We are always here for you Blue! The doors are always open and the lights are always on. Hugs!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Fun!!!

Okay, I'll do it!

I'll be back and it may take a little while.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night, that party looks lovely and a chicken alfredo pizza sounds delicious!

I do wish you some refreshing energy. I hope some healing energy comes your way soon

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey there Blue. This really was a beautiful post. It reminded me of a really powerful thread by FamCore and I hunted it down in case you wanted to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sending love your way

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Buncha hugs to everyone.

My latest piece...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Shlaw, you made me laugh when you said, "I see smarter people have responded". I feel like that sometimes too. It's ok, you still shine bright!

I wish I was kidding, but writing is a chore for me- I never paid attention
in school. I want to waggle my cane at all the whippersnappers today,
"Stay in school! Eat your veggies!"

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thank you dear Zosimov!

Lucid, I will definitely check out your latest piece later!

Shlaw, you're never too old to learn if you can retain the knowledge. Eat your veggies as long as there is cake or cookies or ice cream later. LOL

So fatigued today for some reason. I'll be back later my lovelies!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think it would be so cool to learn to do that! The animation.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Again this will be my last post out of character in this thread, so please please don't be offended if I don't reply to any replies to this post.

CyberGroupHug

Thanks for the hug ... I like getting hugs. Missed a lot as a child and always want more.

Writing only in character is your choice as it should be and a fascinating choice it is.

Most here choose the color teal and write in character using the specific color or any color you choose! When you go back to standard white, you are no longer in character .... don't let me change your mind though ... there are always PMs.

To anyone else that feels your writing is not up to scratch ... we all had that problem and worked to get better. That is where the Shed is very helpful.

Doing things differently is great! But there are some general cautions ...

All of us are taught to read at school. One of the interesting things that occurs when we read is that our eyes and brain tend to take more notice of the major words and very little effort is put in to read the filler words. If you change those filler words and that includes both the words and how they are used, then the readers mind can no longer just scan over those words, now the reader has to read those unexpected differences and work them out.

Many readers will not do that and instead will put the book down and grab something else.

It is up to the author to decide if they write for themselves or for the reader. It is your choice always.

P

edit on 22/5/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello Marty - I hope you are feeling better. Your hubby is in my prayers.

Night Star - your story about writing is an inspiration to me. Keep on writing girl. Hugs.

Zosimoz - Thank you for you love and sharing FamCore's thread. That means lot to me. The post of mine that you thought was beautiful was done as I wanted to write something that spoke from my heart. My brain cells were not getting together to help form my own words so I searched for those words that meant the most to me.

To Mike and all the other fine writers here - I'm doing my best to read all your stories. I appreciate all of you sharing your works here. Good job to all.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I might suggest the same for perspective. For each section, choose your character that is experiencing the situation, and stick to them like glue.

If you write (as I enjoy doing) in first person, then you must stick to them like glue. It can be demanding in a way because the moment you go into first person you have to continue. For example, nothing can happen while your hero is asleep. You have to fill in those pieces by having another character inform your hero of what happened. Easy enough most times.

I did this with 'A Symbiotic Bond.' The Forward that sets the story background is strictly from the POV of the Great Silver Dragon Lerinth. The Rest of the book is written from the perspective of Sophia who becomes Lerinth's Rider.

It was a nice way to introduce the story and it worked.

I am more than happy to put the forward and the first chapter up here as an example if any one would like to read it.

Oh and since I am an Author, all feedback is greatly appreciated and you can be as hard as you need to be. Getting feedback as an author is hard ... people tend not to want to hurt your feelings. That attitude does not help an author grow.

P

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Getting feedback as an author is hard ... people tend not to want to hurt your feelings. That attitude does not help an author grow.

Finally some one said it!!!! Thank You for pointing out this core crucial aspect. Critique. It is so essential when offered in the proper manner. Critique that is given with respect is uplifting and energizing. It should not be confused with overt negative bashing.
The lack of it on ATS is one reason why I rarely "create" prose or poetry. A pad on the back and a "Good Job" is too shallow for me. On the flip side the bashing terrifies me.
So, let's go critiquing and grow as sages.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Pheonix, YES put up the forward and first chapter of your book!!!!!! Oh and...HUGS!!!!!
I'm one who doesn't like to hurt people's feelings which is why it was so hard for me to tell Shep that I couldn't keep track of all his characters. For me, it took away from the story. Even with the loooong list he so graciously supplied I'll never remember and hate to stop in the middle of a story to keep checking a list. My apologies to Shep.

I'll still follow the story when I can and try to keep up.

Blue, I'm glad I inspired you.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wis, you are an amazing writer!!!!!!!! I'm not just saying that either! Like Lucid, you have that poetic flare that I love so much. I'm a sucker for that stuff. The content can be happy, sad or whatever, if it is written with eloquence and imagery, It affects me.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Indeed, excellent point Pheonix. Though I do feel like pointing out that all the negative bashing can be picked apart for the essence of a critique and all the negativity left at the door.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

(Thanks star) She is right. Like I said in my contest; we all here have the gift of storytelling. That's a major part of the magic of the shed

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Hello Lucid! Why do folks disappear when I arrive? I used my deodorant.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hmm. Well either they are just suddenly busy or they are intimidated. Obviously, they are intimidated

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join