It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hehe! Morning again folks.

Hope you feel better Martin!

Also, hello zosimov, don't believe we've met.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Funny - "Martin" with the exclamation point after it looks like 'martini'.

Hi Lucid!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi gang,

First I would like to thank all of you for your feedback, I found it insightful and constructive.

That post was not my first foray into the shed .since shed 8 I have tried to reincarnate my chat room character,although reading every post I only pop in from time to time.

I did not want to break character here so I deliberated a while as to posting this.
But after all the positive feedback I felt the need to do so to explain it is not rudeness that stops me from replying but a desire to stay in character.

It is tricky to devise clever ways to interact with the shed in the manner I have chosen.so my posts tend to only come once every few months..

I want you all to know I cherish this little corner of the net and you all have helped myself an many other lurkers with this family like loving atmosphere.

So thanks Sheddite's !

Again this will be my last post out of character in this thread, so please please don't be offended if I don't reply to any replies to this post.

/CyberGroupHug

Respectfully,
~meathead

PS
Extra hugs for Martin. I hope you feel better hun!

/hugs

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

the words float off the young mans page, though he knows not why nor recognizes their content, he knows they must be written from the feel of them as they clamor against the pens tip, just waiting to be released in his flowing script.

"There are ways o interacting between out of character and in character, without breaking them. of course, not everyone has such an immediate metaphor as my character."

Character? what the heck was that about, the young man wondered briefly. ah well, it hadn't been the first time he had been compelled to write such a confusing message. He shrugs and strikes it through and returns to the story the message had interrupted him from.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm starting to feel a little more human.

The seeds Gordi told us about arrived yesterday. Mom said she will take pics and keep everyone updated.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Martin Honey, I hope you are feeling better now. When is Paul's surgery? I know you've posted before somewhere, but I forgot already.

I get so intimidated by the writer's who know exactly what to do when they write. It reminds me of when I was at a writer's site and there was a collaboration area on the site. I wanted so badly to join in but saw how some of the writers were way above me in talent. There was no way I was going to join in! Well by writing in other areas and being playful and of course bringing in my fantasy, I had a blast with a few of the other writers and they insisted I join the writer's collaboration stories.

It was like pulling teeth! They gave me enough praise and encouragement, that I jumped in. I never had so much fun!!!!
I was able to hold my own and one story was just epic!
The entire site was filled with helpful folks who were either authors or intended to be. There were also folks like me who enjoyed writing as a hobby.

I think that's why I stop writing for so long, I don't feel it will measure up or that anyone is interested so I don't bother. I don't want anyone else to feel like that. We can learn from the corrections of others, but I don't always retain info very well or I get confused. If it wasn't for the encouragement of Lucid, I wouldn't have shared my simple poems in one of his threads. I did have threads where they were posted previously though.

I was also encouraged to write a piece for Masqua's tribute thread. I wasn't going to at first. I'm glad now that I did.

So take the advice from our folks who know what they are doing and for those like me who get intimidated and screw up, do it anyway. LOL

I was delighted by MikeStevic's story entry and hope to see more.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh, Mike showed up. Hun, you can be out of character anytime, but whatever makes you feel happy.

Jess, Can't wait to see how the roses come out!

I got so behind in here!

Hello to everyone I missed!

Zos, so glad you liked the elf dolls! That is one amazing doll artist and I loved it too!

Shlaw, you made me laugh when you said, "I see smarter people have responded". I feel like that sometimes too. It's ok, you still shine bright!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If it wasn't for the encouragement of Lucid, I wouldn't have shared my simple poems in one of his threads.

I am very glad you did! still think you give yourself too little credit. yours is the gift of conveying emotion through simple words. elegant, direct, and always deeply felt and compassionate.

ps still waiting on you to write for mah contest!

that goes for the rest of yer, too! 'cept blue.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Lucid - remind me what you're looking for in your contest?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Lucid - remind me what you're looking for in your contest?

Me too! Short memory and all. LOL

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
here it is ya louts!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Shepherd-lout. Yeah, that fits. OK, so the contest topic is:
'describe a feeling of wonder or magic overwhelming you.'

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd
yessir!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Why hello there, and you're right we haven't!

At your service my friend! I especially enjoy finding cool music and art, if you're ever in need

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is something a friend of mine shared with me today.

Back in the 1970s my wife said to me, "You go down to the neighborhood center and do some counseling, or I'm divorcing you."
"Uncle," I said, and went. In those days every neighborhood had a center, which offered free counseling, free dentistry, lots of good stuff.
As soon as I encountered counseling, I knew, "OMG, this is all the stuff that's missing from the cowboy culture I grew up in. How to have feelings, how to express them in a way that works, how to communicate, have relationships. Great!"
This stuff ought to be taught starting in kindergarten. Some of the most important skills in life you have to hunt down for yourself.

I wish more people such as my dad have been taught how to have proper skills in dealing with others. I wish that I had more of these skills such as with relationships as well.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Waves at Lucid, Shep and Zos!!!!!!!

No energy today. Going to put a chicken alfredo pizza in the oven.

Lucid, I always love your writing!
If I have energy and feel up to it, I'll try to get your story thing done. Just so tired and or busy or blah lately. Just had to schedule with the endocrinologist for late June. Yet another Doctor, surely more tests and more money to dish out. Sigh..
Tea party time!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey Blue, so true! There are some very important things that should be taught in schools and aren't. I think you are fine in the social skills from what I can see anyway.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hmm. Maybe you could go on a quest to find songs or pieces of art that just leave you overwhelmed? My little contest was a writing prompt but writing isn't the only way to weave a story

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That's something the shed is great for

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And I'm always glad to provide you a smile!!

I'm not trying to pressure you , there's not really a time limit. Kinda random but I believe that all stories get told, eventually. I'd just really like to see what stories and words you guys can weave about being overwhelmed by positivity

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join