It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Theater faces criticism for gay versions of Bible stories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sure and limit the results to America please.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gryphon66

I found it funny how certain things are off limits to poke and some are ok.

So you decided to show that by poking at something you knew would result in exactly what this is resulting in?

You must be so proud.

So effing what ?

I'm christian and proud.

Afraid the christian might rub off ?

A few things have rubbed off in my 50 years Neo, Christians yes ... Christanity, no.

Was I talking to you? Do you think anyone doesn't know you're a Christian?

Pfft.

link   
Oh look another quaint attempt to take away from the glory of the Gospel.

I do hope these people repent and come to their senses before they stand before a just God. Seriously. Rules are given for a reason, sometimes even if you don't fully understand them at the time.

I pray these people find their way with our gracious savior. They're free to do what they want, but mockery of Christianity comes too easy in the end times. Why not mock Muhammad? We know the answer to that, don't we.

Why not mock the Hindu's or the pagans? Again, we know why. The spirit behind this is troubling indeed. It always comes back to making a mockery of our most precious Lord Jesus.

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That your point that "this is America" is absurd.

Why is it absurd? Do we live in the Middle East? Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

are you offended?

Bigotry by christianphobes is offensive.

Only we aren't going go around kill people over it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Why is it absurd? Do we live in the Middle East? Yes or no?

I don't know where you live.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

They definitely won't do one about the Quran...

But Adam & Eve are in the Quran.

Where is the Muslim petition about this play?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

I don't think Jesus was in the play ... although, he was in his 30s, wasn't married and only hung out with 12 other guys.

Seems like it's mostly Old Testy-ment crap. Oh, and maybe a Lesbian Virgin Mary?

Should they have emphasized the child rape inflicted on her instead?
edit on 17-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Yes, in fact I do know how to spell testament.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Oh look another quaint attempt to take away from the glory of the Gospel.

I do hope these people repent and come to their senses before they stand before a just God. Seriously. Rules are given for a reason, sometimes even if you don't fully understand them at the time.

I pray these people find their way with our gracious savior. They're free to do what they want, but mockery of Christianity comes too easy in the end times. Why not mock Muhammad? We know the answer to that, don't we.

Why not mock the Hindu's or the pagans? Again, we know why. The spirit behind this is troubling indeed. It always comes back to making a mockery of our most precious Lord Jesus.

why not mock this or that?
as long as its not what you believe in its all good right?

what a joke....
i really do love when christians get all bunged about about stupid # like this. instead of just not going to see it.

funny thing is i have a feeling that posters like the one i quoted would have exactly zero problem if it were an alt play about islam or some other religion....you know its true

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

This is a play here in America. And you assume that we single Christians out. The majority is Christian. Think please. Focus. If Muslims were being critical of gay people HERE in America, we will criticize them as well. You are pointing out a hypocrisy where none exists. As we have stated many, many times we HATE Islam. And yes we have mocked Islam and Muhammad many times. You just have your blinders on and can't see it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

are you offended?

Bigotry by christianphobes is offensive.

Only we aren't going go around kill people over it.

so youre offended? wow

and yeah....christians have kind of been there done that on the killing part i guess huh?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Isn't Jesus (Isa) mentioned about 5 times as many times as Mohammed in the Quran?

How many Christians honor Jesus the way Muslims do, you reckon?

link   

When they attempted to show Voltaire's play "Mohamet" in France, cars were upended and set on fire. That play is centuries old. It appears we've come a long way.
edit on 17-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

I have never "defended Islam." I find all religions equally appalling.

I have defended the First Amendment and the US Constitution and will continue to do so.

I've resisted the urge to slam Christianity many times ... can you say the same about your obsession with Islam?

Now, is that enough off-topic conversation about what we think of each other?

So ... going to see the play or not?

Haven't seen a play in hmmmmmm 30 years?

So no! Not going to see the play!

Awww. That's too bad.

So ... it doesn't bother you then? And you don't really have anything meaningful to say about the topic?

Perhaps Christians should actually observe what Christ told them once in a while? Tone down the judgment and turn up the love thy neighbor?

Might be good for 'em.

I agree Christians should observe what Christ told them! How about Progs like you who preach tolerance practice what you preach?

I'm not a "prog" for the humpteenth time, and you don't know what I do, or when I do it. Do you have the ability to make a post without it being riddled with stupid ad hominem?

I've not "preached" tolerance and you know as well as I do that's just the standard schitick of those who want the "right" to be intolerant.

What does tolerance have to do with the play? Christians want to shut it down. Why?

Because they think they have the right to control the lives of others, perhaps? DINGDINGDINGDING.

I am cracking up here dude. You and I have had enough debates between us that for you to deny you are a Progressive is utter nonsense and dishonest!

I don't think anyone should shut down anything they don't agree with! We cool? If you don't like it, don't watch it? However, this is a problem now upon us perpetrated by the Progressive Left, where it is okay to shut down what "THEY" consider hate speech or what other outrageous nonsense they can come up with? This game and scale goes both ways. I am not so sure you're prepared for how far back this scale is going to swing back against you!

If freedom of speech is so important to you? Where were you yesterday when ANTIFA tried to shut down a Freedom of Speech rally in Berkeley, CA????

Silence right? But when a Christian get offended it's gloves off?

Deus vult
edit on 17-4-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I do have a problem with outright mockery, yes. Of anyone, I've been on these boards long enough for you to know that.

As I said, you wont see it about those, the spirit behind this isn't interested in going after them.
I find the joke is your lack of compassion for other, other people's beliefs, eh.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A few things have rubbed off in my 50 years Neo, Christians yes ... Christanity, no

Apparently not alot.

Because that play makes absolutely no effing sense what so ever.

One of GOD's command was to go forth and multiply.

Not create a technology and use money to go change how GOD made us in to something that can not procreate.
edit on 17-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But Adam & Eve are in the Quran.

OOOOOOooooo never thought about that.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Muslims don't honor Jesus, stop spreading that half truth.

They view Jesus as a man, only a man. Albeit he comes back to defeat their Dejal.

Jesus is the saviour, he's NOT a man, and to call him anything other than what he is, is an insult. Had you read the Bible you'd know that. If you have read the Bible, read it again to refresh your mind, cleanse your spirit and be filled with love.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

This is a play here in America. And you assume that we single Christians out. The majority is Christian. Think please. Focus. If Muslims were being critical of gay people HERE in America, we will criticize them as well. You are pointing out a hypocrisy where none exists. As we have stated many, many times we HATE Islam. And yes we have mocked Islam and Muhammad many times. You just have your blinders on and can't see it.

My point is that no one would do one about the Quran. You can avoid that point how you wish, but saying that "this is America" is the worst way to do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

I do have a problem with outright mockery, yes. Of anyone, I've been on these boards long enough for you to know that.

As I said, you wont see it about those, the spirit behind this isn't interested in going after them.
I find the joke is your lack of compassion for other, other people's beliefs, eh.

far as i know i dont remember ever coming across you and even if i did i doubt i would remember what offends and what does not.

believe what you want. i certainly do.
i also get a little warm inside when christians get uptight over stupid # like a play.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join