It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your " mandela effect beliefs " - a poll to correlate your belief with your expertise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
note to self - i shall remain polite - i shall remain polite

hey - lets be blunt - i am of the opinion that the mandela effect = sponsored by dunning // kreuger

so - lets have a " test " - and please be honest - because lying just shows that you are not only wrong - but dishonest too

my premise is simple :

has anyone who believes that " new zealand was in a different place " :

served in a military or merchant navy ? hold a degree in geology ? teach geography [ hisghchool or above ] ?

or have ANY diploma or credential that we should accept as expertise ?

or people who believe thier heart // kidneys // insert other organ is " in the wrong place "

hold any proffesional qualification in medicine ? heck i will even accept vetinary medicine or scrapping the barrel - " i has a diploma in butchery "

responses should not be limited to the above 2 examples - but i expect a credible link between the mandela effect you believe - and your proffesional qualification

so - lets have your correlations

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dolly had braces but had to take them off as they hurt her
that's as far as I got

no Mandela effect just boring everyday life

I have no expertise with mouths
apart from French kissing
which I'm terrific at
so my dog says..

edit on 17-4-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

has anyone who believes that " new zealand was in a different place " :

According to continental drift. NZ was in different places than what we see today.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

And do tell, how would having an expertise in any field lend credence to this topic? If the effect is a real anomaly, whether man made or unexplained, the theory is that reality has somehow been changed for everyone. Therefore, being a geographer would no more qualify a person to speak on the effect than a homeless high school dropout. All we really know about the Mandela Effect is that many people seem to misremember certain events, or details. And, those same people are 'certain' they aren't mistaken. I happen to remember Mandela dying in prison, I remember New Zealand being in a different spot, and it's the friggin' Berenstein Bears!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

In my opinion the "Mandela Effect" is a complete fabrication of an insane person.

i smell bullpoop.
edit on 17-4-2017 by jafo1973 because: I changed # to poop. it is bull#.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I am one of those who were surprised by New Zealand's placement.

I am pretty sure the issue is with my memory and not the entire universe .. or with New Zealand.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

or have ANY diploma or credential that we should accept as expertise ?

People with a "diploma or credentials" get blown out of the water by a layman on a daily basis on ATS and real life, ask Phage...therefore your premise is biased.

I know a quantum mechanics major who believes in a few of the effects, does that suffice for you? Or are you implying that only "educated" people are allowed to have an opinion on this issue.

Ignorant and an ape???? What a surprise!!

Edit:

I'm from the Berenstein Timeline...

And my organs are not where I remembered.

Flame me mr ignorant ape.
edit on 17-4-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions

And do tell, how would having an expertise in any field lend credence to this topic?

Let's say "X" percent of NON-geography experts have a memory that New Zealand was elsewhere, or "X" present on NON-anatomy experts remember that their stomachs were in a different place (or how many bones there are in the lower leg)

If the Mandela Effect was real -- i.e., having to do with different realities/timelines, and some people remembering one timeline while others are remembering a different timeline -- then the percentages of geography experts and anatomy experts as the percentages of non-experts should have the same memories of the location of New Zealand and how high or low the stomach lies in the abdomen (or how many bones there are in the lower leg).

edit on 17/4/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No to all of them. I also do not know how to play a Mandola

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

His point is no actual experts who have an opinion that matters have these beliefs. There are no heart surgeons who suddenly start thinking hearts are in the wrong place. That lends credence to it being misremembered, and nothing is changed.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In the book 1984 the govt gets to change history in accordance with their own requirements.
The populace no longer thinks about it or relies on their own memories.
I think we are being primed to think this is all a silly joke but sometime down the line it could start to get serious.

Eventually when all information is digital it will be so much easier to manipulate. I've mentioned this in another thread but imagine, one day, saying "hey, remember when Trump was president?" and everyone in the room with you says "no".

That day may be a long way off but they gotta prepare the ground in advance.

Or it could all be a silly joke.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
it was something about '___'.this weekend.and a music group. but i forgot.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

You don't need memories. When someone says organs should be over here, it's pretty easy to prove where the organs are, and that the person is wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not quite what I meant.
If there's lots of examples of that type of thing, what happens one day in the future when its something more important that's changed and harder to verify that change?

Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nothing more important can ever change, because nothing has ever changed. People misremember.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm talking about much further into the future.
If you can create an environment where everyone misremebers minor details and people start to question their own memories (in relation to the memories of others) it would become much easier to start implementing small changes and slowly build up to the important stuff.

Like I said, prepare the ground in advance. One day it could be something very important indeed.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Who knows what the future holds. But that doesn't have anything to do with the Mandela effect. The ME says basically there used to be another reality, where something was actually different, and that reality merged with our own, and only the people from that reality remember it.

There are more holes in the theory than a sieve.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

That's right. But its just a seed.
If you start off with that idea and expand on it slowly more people are likely to pay less attention to what people claim was different.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I was under the impression for a long time that the band Steely Dan made only ONE album, which is what made them unique. Then I switched multiverses.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Funny you mentioned New Zealand, and the fact that it moves. Well, apparently the Mandela effect got away a bit on New Zealand, as science has now deemed it as its own continent. That's right... there is an additional continent that books don't speak of.

www.livescience.com...

Now, I wonder if an entire the effect will ever be applied to when what's known as New Zealand switches to properly be called Zealandia?

Thanks a lot CERN... keep ramping up the speeds of those machines, which leads to more and more alternative realities. As if we aren't already confused as a species as we are naturally... maybe we should add more LHC's? My guess is that they're ok with a few alternate realities as long as the masses keep on relying on Alexa and google for their fact checking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join