It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Recently I have developed an ache that encompasses every inch of my body. This particular pain has been constant with zero relief for 12 days with no sign of letting up. I was given 2mg of Tizanidine to be taken twice a day. When that proved to be practically useless I was given a script for 50mg of Tramadol (again) and it has proven to be a cruel joke.

Sounds like neuropathy and is common with a number of autoimmune disorders.
you might want to try Gabapentin or lyrica for this"Ache".

Don't let them try to tell you its fibromyalgia.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Research: Scorpion/Snake Venom

Or bees. Some tests show definite reduction in symptoms using BVA, others none. I haven't looked closely enough to see if there's any obvious differences.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Try Copaxone if you can get it or even Tegfedera.

Gabapenten, also, works well. Lyrica, too many VERY harsh side effects. Like suicidal thoughts. Works good otherwise but you have to be careful with Lyrica.
edit on 15-4-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Anziety causes the brain to become hypersensitive to its environment so pain, sounds, vibrations can feel magnified. So you need try to relax as best you can to lower your brain so it becomes less sensitive to the pain you are experiencing. If possible try to find a good organization that can teach you meditation to desensitize pain.

Suggest you also ask your doctor if you can try oxazepam for your anxiety which my doctor gave me when they diagnosed me with possible MS.

My prayers are with you Slinki.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

A good friend of mine with MS recently replaced tramadol with "Palexia" for pain relief etc and many issues related to skin and itching quickly went away, may be worth asking your doc about this...

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I tried Lyrica and the negative side effects far outweighed the benefits. Gabapentin will probably be the Doc's next course of action.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I've never hear of it. I have added it to my ever growing list of questions. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Thank you very much.
It is very difficult to get my mind and body into a state where meditation can benefit. Mom always said I was too hyper for meditation and all these years I believed her. Maybe Yoga?

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for lending me your ears, your opinions and your remedies.
I appreciate it a lot more than you all realize.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My "sports hobbies" arent just cause Im good at it. If I stop being in motion... Im in pain. I have significant nerve damage and neuropathy. I tried the stuff the sports med guy, neurologist, and ortho surgeon suggested for a VERY short time. I have to keep my head in the game and cant take opiates or etc. If I cant feel when Im hurting myself.. I REALLY hurt myself. Id been on everything mentioned including Dilaudid and the newer time release morphine. Nothing gave me what I needed. Sure, the pain was less... but so was everything else. You wil live a half life. Shouldnt do that as you only get ONE life and must live it fully. I am too much of a hard driven person to allow myself in the opiate prison. Youre NEVER going to get what you want and how you want to live with the crap pain control stuff thats common. Here is what I have done...

Forget all diagnoses... forget all prognoses.. dont look for all your answers from modern medicine or their compulsion to categorize and label stuff. It will work against you.

nothing eaten that is prepared by anyone else but me

ALL NATURAL meats and etc.. grow my own veggies and etc as well.

NO tap water.. reverse osmosis water alone.. and a LOT of it.

Horizant.. its a better form of Lyrica. I was on Lyrica.. and it worked, but side effects sucked. Horizant was a godsend as I had NO side effects! Skelaxin or diclofenafec are better for the issue than muscle relaxers.. THATS the problem.. muscles,nerves and soft tissue... and modern life. Some of us arent built for modern sedentary weak life. Thats why our bodies decide to rebel against us. Listen to your body. Its telling you that your life sucks and to change it radically and at any cost.

Motion and a very hard work out schedule... STAY IN MOTION. Im "retiring" from fighting, but Im not about to retire from the work outs and regime Im on.. I feel Ill die if I do and Im very serious. The pain is overwhelming if I stop moving and pushing myself. It effects my mind as well. Im an old woman and I am a top billed fighter locally and in the tri state area. If my old ass can do it.. YOU CAN. Our bodies are amazing biomachines. You have to maintain the machine. Its DIFFICULT and requires a lot of will power. Again, if I can do it, you can do it. Ive done this being my age, with 3 kids, one a liver transplant recipient and one of them with a form of autism ( thats what we have to call it).. and a surprise baby later in life who is 11. I also homeschooled them . I also work for the court system here. I also maintain a side business. I also volunteer at a few places working with folks no one else wants to work with.. its a challenge! Push push push yourself.

Diet? Im NOT informing you on my diet.. mainly because if you ate what I ate.. youd be a fat slob. LOL! I have a high metabolism and Im 100% Blackfeet... so my genetics are different than yours. I also stay in motion so I need a lot more fuel. Ive made so many mistakes in diet over the years that Im afraid to guide anyone to a diet or the like because I dont want to harm you or anyone else. What we put into our bodies is so critical. Get a great nutritionist or better yet what I have is a pretty well known naturopathic and wholistic dietician.

Side note.. be kind. Even in pain.. be a kind person. I have to fake it a lot of times... but being kind and polite to everyone is a thing that was harder to harness in myself than anything else. Put GOOD things out there as much as you can.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Yoga also would also be very beneficial for mind and body. The thing with meditation (and yoga) is to learn how to control the hyperactive mind so it doesn't control you. When meditating I don't see my thoughts as coming from my true self, but try view them from an external viewpoint (being the watcher or witness), so I am not part of them. When I do this, the thoughts that pound the mind tend to cease quitely all by their own as the mind goes to sleep (its not forced) but the watcher (the I) remains alert, witnessing the process. So with proper training, anyone can meditate. Under deep meditation, all sensations of body (sense of breathing, sense of skin or even pain) cannot be felt. So I end up in a void of stillness which can be attained for hours. When finished meditating the body feels incredibly relaxed and the mind becomes a lot less noisy. Mind and body slows down.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

I've been diagnosed with relapsing remitting that may change to progressive soon. Got me on Tecfidera and Gabapentin. Tecfidera has practically taken a couple symptoms off the table for me. Gabapentin is a godsend for the crawly hands.

I have Transverse Myelitis and Uthoffs Syndrome just to make things interesting.

Of course I go through the VA and use chronic to help with depression, sleep and minor aggravations so no pain meds for me. Told them to keep them because rather have the chronic.

Just know anyone who has MS will be different from the rest. I dont get much pain that I cant deal with just real bad discomfort. Id say my fav med is Gabapentin. Thank the powers that be for that.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 15-4-2017 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Diet? Im NOT informing you on my diet.. mainly because if you ate what I ate.. youd be a fat slob. LOL! I have a high metabolism and Im 100% Blackfeet... so my genetics are different than yours.

If you don't mind, I would be very interested to know your diet. I've done and still doing lots of experimentation on diet and metabolism relations with MS.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I can't tell You!
This is my next attempt.

Why? Vicodin will only mask the symptoms.

LDN will (apparently) resolve the underlying condition completely - meaning, you will not only experience pain relief, but relief from all other symptoms as well, and again, with no side effects.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Slinki
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I can't tell You!
This is my next attempt.

Why? Vicodin will only mask the symptoms.

LDN will (apparently) resolve the underlying condition completely - meaning, you will not only experience pain relief, but relief from all other symptoms as well, and again, with no side effects.

Oh, and LDN is not only for MS, but any/all diseases of the 'auto-immune' variety...
edit on 17-4-2017 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join