It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relapsing/Remitting Multiple Sclerosis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The last time I started a thread about this it was in the Rant forum and I butchered it. I'll try to make this thread less of a mockery.
On May 30th, 2016 I was officially diagnosed with RRMS, and was smack in the middle of an exacerbation. Severe vertigo, loss of vision in my right eye, major cognitive issues, anxiety, and deep depression. I had an infusion of steroids in the hospital and was given Tramadol and Propranalol for the accompanying headaches (Migraine). I was put on Lorazepam for anxiety, but it was quickly changed to Clonazepam which does nothing for me except make me sleep for obscene amounts of time.

Recently I have developed an ache that encompasses every inch of my body. This particular pain has been constant with zero relief for 12 days with no sign of letting up. I was given 2mg of Tizanidine to be taken twice a day. When that proved to be practically useless I was given a script for 50mg of Tramadol (again) and it has proven to be a cruel joke.

My main reason for this thread is to find out if any of my fellow ATSers have had similar experience.

Thanks ahead of time

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

similar as far as pain? yes
been on just about everything you can think about from tramadol to fentanyl

i was taking 120 milligrams of roxicodone a day but all the rules and regs dealing with narco's changed at the first of the year.
'they', whoever they are want to see people in certain ranges of certain meds depending on what their condition is.
for example i had to be taken off the roxi and put back on vicodin at a lower dose so i would fit that range.

in the end after all the different meds and combos the vike 10's do work the best for me. it is a good balance of pain relief with very few side effects and i am not foggy at all.

if youre in that much pain i dont see the tramadol doing it for you. thats about as low as it gets.

you might be able to get a low dose fentanyl patch...maybe 25-50 micrograms that you switch out every 72 hours.
that is not a very high dose and a safe way to take it. maybe look into that.

then again if you tell the doc it is an ache youre probably not going to get the hard hitter.
just be honest though and tell the doc the tramadol is not working. step it up to vicodin and see how that does you.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Thank you. I'm at my wits end and frankly am terrified to ask for something a bit more potent.
I appreciate your input and will give it a shot.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 4/14/2017 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I highly recommend you research something called LDN, or Low Dose Naltrexone.

There have been numerous reports of near miraculous results...

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org...

While technically requiring a prescription, you can get it online without one. It is cheap, and very easy to take (my wife tried it for her Red Skin Syndrome, sadly it didn't help for that), with no side effects at the dosages recommended.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki

Thank you. I'm at my wits end and frankly am terrified to ask for something a bit more potent.
I appreciate your input and will give it a shot.

do you get any negative reactions from tramadol?
i wouldnt worry about going from that to 5-10 milligrams of vicodin a couple times a day. vicodin really is not all that potent. it does not take my pain away 100% but it puts a good dent in it. i can deal with it after that.

imo once you get over 30 or so milligrams a day or oxycodone(your percocets and such) or hydrocodone(vicodin) you start to have problems with negative side effects.
loss of appetite kind of suck but for me the worst was the constipation.
it can get BAD but not at 30 milligrams a day....at least not for me.

these days docs are pretty tight with writing scripts so youre not gonna get blasted with 150 milligrams a day.

be honest. tell them you are in pain and can you try something stronger?
depending on the doc they will toss you percocet(more than likely not with the regulation changes) or vicodin. they will start you off on something like 5/325(which is 5 milligrams of hydrocodone and 325 milligrams of acetomenophin).
15 milligrams in a day is not that much....

the higher end things like the 30 milligram roxicodone is pure oxy with no fillers or binder and people crush them and unsufflate them or crush them and put them in a small piece of moist toilet paper and stick them in their ass..
they get blasted and it is that kind of # that makes it harder for people that actually need meds.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh, and it supposedly enables you to get off ALL meds (eventually).

Here is just one story:

www.ldnscience.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

While technically requiring a prescription, you can get it online without one. It is cheap, and very easy to take (my wife tried it for her Red Skin Syndrome, sadly it didn't help for that), with no side effects at the dosages recommended.[/quote]

This I've never heard of and my interest is piqued. I'll definitely check it out, Thank you!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

While technically requiring a prescription, you can get it online without one. It is cheap, and very easy to take (my wife tried it for her Red Skin Syndrome, sadly it didn't help for that), with no side effects at the dosages recommended.

This I've never heard of and my interest is piqued. I'll definitely check it out, Thank you!

My best to you. I have a friend whose wife has been suffering with MS for years, but she won't even consider trying it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No real side effects that I can think of, just the glaring lack of relief.
I'm not necessarily looking for narcotics, because that's a whole new can of worms. But at this point I feel like desperation is descending.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

No real side effects that I can think of, just the glaring lack of relief.
I'm not necessarily looking for narcotics, because that's a whole new can of worms. But at this point I feel like desperation is descending.

im just giving my opinions based on what has worked for me.

best bet is just talk to the doc and be honest. youre in pain and the tramadol is not working so what is the next step up.

im gonna send you a private message in a sec so look for it

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I can't tell You!
This is my next attempt.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
I can't tell You!
This is my next attempt.

Awesome. I'm telling you it works. Worst case it don't you're only out a 20 spot. You can get it already in capsules but you will pay 20 bucks and get about 85% less than buying what I linked and doing it yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Along with your Dr.s reccomendations one can arrange under a Dr.s care to build an Alkaline diet/body...ingest regular anti-parasitics capable of killing the eggs in the body to cleanse totally then liquid anti-parsitic before every meal followed by high nutrient/mineral non-acidic foods,just add time and trust.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Research: Scorpion/Snake Venom

Intervention for Leandro has been the venom of a medium-size scorpion called Rhopalurus junceus, known in Cuba as the escorpión azul — blue scorpion. Four months after he was diagnosed in May 2011, Leandro's weight had fallen to that of a 2-year-old. But after consuming the venom-water mixture, his health has returned almost to normal. He can now walk and tell you about his favorite food (sunny-side-up eggs) and color (yellow), and he rides his bike (with training wheels) daily. "I give thanks to God," Yaima says, "and to the doctors who knew about the scorpion."

Link

Most patients seek venom after every other treatment has failed. Do yourself a favor and think outside of the conventionally prescribed medicine box and look into unconventional ways to treat yourself.

Good Luck

edit on 14-4-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

edit on 4/14/2017 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

It's difficult to open a dialog with my neuro because she seems very set in her ways. Finding a new doctor is high on my priority list.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

This is now on my research list.
Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sometimes it takes a while.

be honest about it and if they give you something i would give it a fair shake and see if it works.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

a reply to: one4all

It's difficult to open a dialog with my neuro because she seems very set in her ways. Finding a new doctor is high on my priority list.

You can research online and build yourself an alkaline diet plan...you can read Dr.Hulda Clarks research and find anti-parasitics which will fit your needs......all the things you need come from foods.....if things are bad enough you can research and find a country to visit in which administration under Medical care of pharmacutical grade baking soda can be used to challenge cancerous tumors and other diseases which are well entrenched sucessfully. Your diet plan and food based anti-parasitic plan should be run by your doctor to make sure all is well....Any treatment sought abroad should be supervised by a Physician.Finding a new doctor might not be needed...just try to find some advocates who will help you to remain pro-active in developing and maintaining your diet and anti-parasitic plans and present them to your doctor for clearance in ADDITION to whatever else you may be doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join