It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor Trump adviser Carter Page

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Now, this is intriguing.

Apparently a FISA warrant was issued to the FBI. The subject? Carter Page.

A funny thought occurred to me. You know those scandalous phone conversations which so outraged Devin Nunes? Maybe the surveilled person was Page. Maybe Nunes "withdrew" from the investigation in order divert attention from this. Maybe, if the committees started asking more questions it would maybe become uncomfortable.

Of course, a missile strike works too.

source

edit on 4/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe he was just targeted, but was innocent?

Posted already, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Maybe he was just targeted, but was innocent?

Maybe. Maybe not. Page does have a bit of a history.

But that doesn't really matter if a warrant was issued. The surveillance was legal.

The warrant was also renewed. That could indicate that the original warrant had been productive.

What do you think about Nunes going away, in regard to this news?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

The basis for surveillance of Page is least to say weak ... He met a Russian business man, and this puts him under watch? If this were a qualifying factor, then a whole bunch of Democrats should be under deep review by now!

In particular since Democrats had ACTUAL pay-for-play deals with the Russians.

Am I the only one who sees a bit of a discrepency in criteria used for GOP vs DNC folks? The GOP is under criminal investigation just for MEETING ... when DNC folks go free and chat bs all day long for SELLING their country!!!

Come on! Be honest! (tough call for DNC)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

Not quite.
The warrant was renewed when it expired.
They didn't do that because of a simple casual meeting with a Russian business man.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

He met a Russian business man,
Who happened to be a spy.

The GOP is under criminal investigation just for MEETING
Criminal investigation? There is a criminal investigation? Did I miss something?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Obamagate.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DonInHtown

Avacado.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
So we can dispense with the notion that there was only incidental collection now.
The Obama administration has finally been confirmed as spying on the Trump campaign.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sort of. Page was a foreign policy advisor to Trump, not so much part of the campaign. An advisor who was known to have been in close contact with a Russian spy, at least. As well as being somewhat...sympathetic.
March, 2016:

Another private-sector Trump adviser is Carter Page, a former investment banker and global energy consultant who graduated from the Naval Academy, according to his online biography. In discursive online blog postings about foreign policy that invoke the likes of Kanye West, Oprah Winfrey and Rhonda Byrne's self-help bestseller "The Secret," Page has blamed the U.S. for "misguided and provocative actions" toward Russia — notable in light of Trump's friendly words for Russian President Vladimir Putin.

www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Sort of. Page was a foreign policy advisor to Trump, not so much part of the campaign. Who was known to have been in close contact with a Russian spy. At least.

Well, not really 'sort of' Phage. The DoJ sought and obtained the warrant to spy directly on a Trump campaign advisor.
Given the initial attacks on Trump's tweets included the premature 'conclusion' that there was not even a FISA warrant and then fell back to 'incidental' collection it seems to me that Trump is owed an apology from a lot of people in the media.

It would appear somewhat disingenuous to now say that Paige was not part of Trump's campaign and try to distinguish him differently, given all the references to Paige as being part of the campaign in the past.
edit on 12/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The DoJ sought and obtained the warrant to spy directly on a Trump campaign advisor.
Foreign policy advisor.

Given the initial attacks on Trump's tweets included the premature 'conclusion' that there was not even a FISA warrant and then fell back to 'incidental' collection it seems to me that Trump is owed an apology from a lot of people in the media.
Why? Trump claimed that his phones were tapped. Were Trump's phones tapped by authority of a FISA warrant on Page? How does that work?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The DoJ sought and obtained the warrant to spy directly on a Trump campaign advisor.
Foreign policy advisor.

Why? Trump claimed that his phones were tapped. Were Trump's phones tapped by authority of a FISA warrant on Page? How does that work?

We already know Trump was talking about surveillance...and if Paige made any calls to Trump Tower then they would have been spied on. I suspect a campaign advisor made such calls. Given Trump named Paige specifically a year ago as advising on foreign policy, it's reasonable to assume he actually spoke with him directly.
edit on 12/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

and if Paige made any calls to Trump Tower then they would have been spied on.

Indeed.

Maybe the administration did not want it known that there was a FISA warrant on Page. "Oops, shouldn't have shown that to Devin. Can of worms."

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

and if Paige made any calls to Trump Tower then they would have been spied on.

Indeed.

Maybe the administration did not want it known that there was a FISA warrant on Page. "Oops, shouldn't have shown that to Devin. Can of worms."

A FISA warrant does not mean that any crime was committed by Paige.
Far from being a lie, Trump was largely correct. I wonder who has the moral fortitude in the media to apologise for calling Trump a liar?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

It's Page. And, yes, I know.

Far from being a lie, Trump was largely correct.
No, he wasn't.

I wonder who has the moral fortitude in the media to apologise for calling Trump a liar?
I don't recall calling him a liar (at least about his stupid tweets). Idiot, yes, I have called him that (in regard to his stupid tweets).

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

It's Page. And, yes, I know.

Far from being a lie, Trump was largely correct.
No, he wasn't.

I wonder who has the moral fortitude in the media to apologise for calling Trump a liar?
I don't recall calling him a liar (at least about his stupid tweets). Idiot, yes, I have called him that (in regard to his stupid tweets).

I said those in the media who called him a liar.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Now, this is intriguing.

Apparently a FISA warrant was issued to the FBI. The subject? Carter Page.

A funny thought occurred to me. You know those scandalous phone conversations which so outraged Devin Nunes? Maybe the surveilled person was Page. Maybe Nunes "withdrew" from the investigation in order divert attention from this. Maybe, if the committees started asking more questions it would maybe become uncomfortable.

Of course, a missile strike works too.

source

Wow, a missile strike? Really?

I supposed Trump had them babies gassed just for your little conspiracy too?

Phage has gone off the deep end, call the fake news.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There is a two pronged investigation overall, one counterintelligence, which includes Page and the warrant, the other criminal, which I believe is following massive corruption and money laundering.

Good times.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

They were, so much fuss and ado and the true of the Obama administration over reach of spying powers can not be denied.

ha, ha, ha.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join