It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It could have. I doubt its orders are to start a shooting match with US warships.

But hey, you guys want to decide that everything is going to be the end of the world, go right ahead.
edit on 4/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Snarl

It could have. I doubt its orders are to start a shooting match with US warships.

I hope we don't see a shooting match of any kind between the US and Russia. I bet if we do (which we still won't get to see), it'll be settled in deep oceans or dark alleyways the way it used to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I may have missed it (this thread is fascinating and deep) but has anyone looked at the patrol routes of the Russian ship to see if it's just headed that way/there because it was its time to be there? given that they a naval facility in Syria, the coincidence might be just that.
I laugh, then get serious for a minute, then I laugh some more. ow my head hurts!

edit on 7-4-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: spelling errors make my eye twitch

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gpols
Now things are getting interesting.

Waiting to see how Syria responds to this.

Will be even more interesting how Russia responds

supposedly one of the bases annihilated had Russian troops and something like 50 of those died... who knows indeed.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
But hey, you guys want to decide that everything is going to be the end of the world, go right ahead.

Huh??

I'm kind of happy no one's making a mountain out of a molehill here. The damage to the airfield didn't even seem all that great to me.

edit on 742017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dizrael

supposedly one of the bases annihilated had Russian troops and something like 50 of those died

One base was hit.
There were 6, maybe 7 deaths at the base. According to Syria.

edit on 4/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me what happened to those 59 missiles? i heard some people died but did they really do anything to the airstrip?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes, this is true, but the markup doesn't determine the value. Just because they sell at $400M doesn't mean they have to cost close to that to manufacture.

Take for example auto parts, there is about an 85-90% markup to the consumer, and a large majority of that percentage comes from the retailer itself.

When it's top of the line, and no one else sells it, you can name a price and negotiate from there, and the seller will always win in a large majority.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Tomahawks are not really designed to crater airfields.

You need something like this for that:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

58 or 59 struck their targets.
1 may have failed and hit the sea.

This according to the Pentagon.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i see so it was just a flex then? a very expensive, stupid, pathetic flex. does anybody really think anyone is impressed by this?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Dizrael

Intelligence sources said that US gave Russia 1 hour prior to the attack to scramble, it was said that it was indeed movement after the warning in the base.

Russia have anti missile capabilities in the bases but the chose to no used them against US attack.

link   
a reply to: Phage

6 died from the strikes on the base, 2 other missiles missed target and hit 2 villages and killed 9 civilians.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I wonder if it's warrantied, that's a ton of money and I'd like my tax payers money back.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

No, that's a lie from the pentagon. 23 hit the airbase, 2 went astray and hit nearby villages, the rest, who knows.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

i see so it was just a flex then? a very expensive, stupid, pathetic flex. does anybody really think anyone is impressed by this?

Many Syrians and Arab allies are.

Arabs praise 'Abu Ivanka' aka Trump for Syria strike and #AmericaIsOverParty fears army draft
edit on 7-4-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

I'm not convinced this was designed to flex, I think it was designed to intimdate, as poorly thought out as it was. North Korea must be thinking now that they should re-visit some of their policies and actions.

I think the chemical attack was likely a false flag...ISIS was losing ground, Al Queda is almost no longer a viable entity, why would assad pull a suicidal move like this and create such a terrorist vacuum in a country he wished to retain control of? It makes very little sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

North Korea must be thinking now that they should re-visit some of their policies and actions.
I was half way expecting a TLAM "visit" to North Korea after their launch the other day.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Russia drone footage of aftermath.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: alphabetaone

North Korea must be thinking now that they should re-visit some of their policies and actions.
I was half way expecting a TLAM "visit" to North Korea after their launch the other day.

Hah! Well, honestly it still may come. Maybe they're trying to get the picture of Rodman's face on them just right before launch.
edit on 7-4-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join