It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh hell I just remembered this.. some contractors here can add more Im sure as info is always so compartmentalized.. but ACFP is about to be switched over to a new system.. new OS.. which is as of yet totally a non operational CF. If that bottoms up post switch.. its going to be a nightmare. A company underbid on it and got the contract... one without much of a track record it seems.. and its an absolute nightmare.

ACFP is involved in the computer assisted flight planning for our things with wings. Guess we'll be flying biplanes and paper maps unless someone gets their head out of their ass.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

And Russia is well aware of what would happen if they did. They're not going to get dragged into a war. Right now, as far as I've seen, the only S400 in Syria is Russian. They got some S300s, but not the entire system. They do have the Pantsir though.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: crazyewok

I thought Assad destroyed his? Or are you admitting he violated UN directives, along with Russia?

TheRedneck

I thought that was still in the process as Chemical weapons take awhile to despose of. Thats why the terrorists got there hands on them, because chemical weapon sites where overun before the UN could get them.

Either way that gives ANOTHER reason Assad is unlikely to be behind this.

Anyway dont deflect. The fact is I want evidence.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Both will, but clouds will affect it more. Most air mass effects are so minimal as to be irrelevant, but can become noticeable if the air mass boundaries are in the wrong position.

All matter affects EM propagation speed based on density. Water, even in vapor form, also has an effect stemming from the molecular polarity.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

You can make some pretty damn good conclusions though. If Russia was after a war, they've had many opportunities before this to start one. No one wants to see a war between Russia and the US. Shooting down US aircraft is a damn good way to get one.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I never thought Trump would be weak.

Apparently Assad did.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Advantage

I will have to take up for Russia here. They felt backed into a corner by the Obama administration. Ukraine and Crimea were not what we were told (and I got this directly from the lips of a Russian student). We stirred those pots to try and distract Russia from Syria. They need the Russia/Iran/Syria trade agreement.

The thing is, I think they misjudged Trump. They expected him to be as meek on actual conflict as Obama, and more open to negotiation. I think Trump would still like negotiation, but he wants to negotiate from a position of strength. He has that advantage now.

TheRedneck

Oh heck yeah... I realize its a real cage theyre in... and Im hopeful that regardless of this recent issue.. and previous administrations issues.. we can become closer with Russia. This is a great strategic move by Trump I agree wholly. Like I said, Trump COULD be Machiavelli meets art of the deal. Now that they are on the wrong end of the barrel, it would be perfect time to speak about our mutual interests. Let the UN pound sand. Our Prez and Putin can actually negotiate the old fashioned way!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Was just sent this video regarding the construction of the pipelines in Syria
I have heard about the brewing conflict regarding the pipeline, so this looks interesting.

Some are also throwing in the biblical angle. Either way, I would say there is more going on here than meets the eye.
edit on 7-4-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

I never thought Trump would be weak.

Apparently Assad did.

TheRedneck

Yup, I am not surprised at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

true that

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

How long does it take to destroy weaponry?

Presenting evidence to the contrary of your assertion is called deflecting now?

I want evidence as well, but I doubt ATS is on the list of primary DoD intelligence recipients.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just read Interfax. Much stronger wording than the RT version. Diplomatic war so to speak.
Then the bitterly divided UN SC.
The danger is much bigger than the actions "on the ground", no matter how bad it is for all sides. The danger of further deteriorating US-Russia relations could have global consequences. In the landmark prophetic year 2017.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think (could be wrong as usual) the only place the S400's are currently deployed are in the Tartus port and Hmeimim air base. Both controlled by Russia. I'm worried about the prospect of those S400's showing up en masse in Syria.

We already know how Russia plays around with their toys and mishaps (MH17).

Yea, I know, that's quite a bit different in perspective, but upgrades to the 300's and deals for the 400's could come swiftly.

Any UN sanction efforts against it would be vetoed.

I wonder how the UNSC will end up deciding in this event.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here's what we know.

Assad gassed civilians. (speculative)

Trump ordered a tomahawk strike against an airbase. (fact)

Everything else is just guessing.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

How long does it take to destroy weaponry?

Not sure but chemical weapons are a pain to get rid of safely.

Presenting evidence to the contrary of your assertion is called deflecting now?

Not sure how it was contrary ? Assad should not have Chemical weapons, therefore the attack could not have come from him?

And if he does have a secret stash? Why would he reveal it by attacking such a low value target ?

originally posted by: TheRedneckI want evidence as well, but I doubt ATS is on the list of primary DoD intelligence recipients.

TheRedneck

I expect the government to release it through the press.

I do not trust our government's words ESPECIALLY when it invloves warfare as they have been oroven liers.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Russia's actions seem to bear that out. They have so far
  • Tore up a memorandum
  • Complained
  • Quit answering the hotline.
  • Threatened.

I'm not including the Warship, because it looks to be just a standard patrol.

Putin is desperately trying to save face right now, while protecting the pipeline. I don't think he knows what to do. Hopefully, Rex can clue him in on how to tame a wild Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The only way that would happen is if Russia gave up some of their own systems. All the systems under construction are committed to customers.

Even S300 upgrades would take time before they could be completed.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Was just sent this video regarding the construction of the pipelines in Syria
I have heard about the brewing conflict regarding the pipeline, so this looks interesting.

Some are also throwing in the biblical angle. Either way, I would say there is more going on here than meets the eye.

No it's about saving the babies. Trump the businessman turned into a macho Christlike savior of mankind; speaking of the bibilical angle. Absolute Brilliance from a promotional/marketing standpoint.

Speculators of all flavors are grinning from ear to ear.
edit on 7-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

They could have been removed.

But you do have some reasonable points. It might have been a false flag, but even if it was, it has left our situation more perilous for all countries involved and thus in an easier position in which to negotiate a real peaceful solution. And even if it was a false flag, Assad has gotten away with more than enough in the past to deserve this.

I do not trust our government's words ESPECIALLY when it invloves warfare as they have been oroven liers.

Good. Neither do I.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Russia's actions seem to bear that out. They have so far
  • Tore up a memorandum
  • Complained
  • Quit answering the hotline.
  • Threatened.

I'm not including the Warship, because it looks to be just a standard patrol.

Putin is desperately trying to save face right now, while protecting the pipeline. I don't think he knows what to do. Hopefully, Rex can clue him in on how to tame a wild Trump.

TheRedneck

LOL! Thats just SOP when dealing with things with penises... complain, stop answering the phone and threaten. Saving face... ahh you men make diplomacy such a chore!! On the other hand, Assad has been offered several opportunities to save face and hasnt had the sense to play along. Putin is rich and old.. Id put money on him playing the game after some weenie waggling...

I wonder if Art of the Deal is translated into Russian....

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join