It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Obama didn't do anything about it because he was a wuss.
But he did send some ships over. If I recall correctly, Russia quickly sent their ships as well, then Obama tucked his tail and left

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: MrPlow
I'm sorry but where was even the slightest hint of approval from Congress? This literally went down with 24-48 hours and nothing was even ran by Congress? Does this #ing clown understand how this #ing country works!???

Even further, where is the uproar by Congress over not getting any kind of approval?

Didn't Trump just say, the other day, that he was Americas President...not President of the World!? I sure as # don't see it.

I guess you forgot when Obama attacked Libya without congressional approval. The president does have the authority to take such an action.

I didn't forget. I also didn't state I was okay with that move either, did I?

Then don't talk like the President can't do that. He can. You can disagree with it all you want.

+1 more 
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Really???? You know if Assad is toppled there will be more refugees when ISIS take power.

edit on 4/6/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Despite what the politicians like to say, if you have troops on foreign soil that are not stationed on a U.S. base, you're pretty much at war... Man... so tired of this undeclared "gray area" proxy war crap.
You know they only do it this way because they know the people wouldn't approve and they don't want to hurt their approval ratings.
edit on 6-4-2017 by LAkadian because: Snaky Politicians

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, Obama screwed that checks and balances up.

Did he???

Did he somehow authorize it or make it legal for a US President to start a war all by himself??? I must have missed that being mentioned.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm watching CNN..waiting for them to find an Anti-American Anti-President angle to latch onto. It shouldn't take long.

Put Fox on. Shep Smith is in the newsroom. He has what you're looking for.

+7 more 
link   

Bull#. I voted for him, in part because he campaigned strongly on the principle that the U.S. shouldn't be involved in regime change. And yet here we are...

link   
Trump makes statement saying the strike was in the "vital national security interests" of our country.

He calls on "civilized nations to join US in "seeking an end to the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria.

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: kosmicjack

Trump cares about people. He was visibly upset seeing the images of children harmed and killed by the chemical attacks.
He did something about it.

He does?

This action would dictate otherwise.
Considering this seems rushed and not enough time given to get all the facts of the gas attack.

He was visibly upset of the sight of children harmed and killed?
Do you have any idea how many people are gonna be effected by the escalation of this war?

Trump is and idiot if not worse, and he might have screwed us(People of the world).

According to the news on TV, there were extensive planning meetings with many people involved in this decision.
Trump did not just make a phone call and say bomb them.

They have intelligence, and already knew what was going on there.
Obama never acted on the information. He wavered and used excuses to do nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

U.S. Navy ships launched 23 Tomahawk missiles against the headquarters of the Iraqi Intelligence Service yesterday in what President Clinton said was a "firm and commensurate" response to Iraq's plan to assassinate former president George Bush in mid-April

www.washingtonpost.com...

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: kosmicjack

Trump cares about people. He was visibly upset seeing the images of children harmed and killed by the chemical attacks.
He did something about it.

I thought attacking Syria would be the start of WW3?

Ah, I get it. Only if Hillary does it.

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Trump makes statement saying the strike was in the "vital national security interests" of our country.

He calls on "civilized nations to join US in "seeking an end to the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria.

twitter.com...

I hope they tell him to piss off.

No more war.

Especially not one with Russia. Jesus Christ.

link   
Trump, what have you done!!!

link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So you think those folks suffocating to death on lethal gas isn't real?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Bull#. I voted for him, in part because he campaigned strongly on the principle that the U.S. shouldn't be involved in regime change. And yet here we are...

This is NOT a regime change action. Get educated on the issue, then comment. Stop making things up.

link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: BlueAjah

Perhaps.

As a previous poster suggested, perhaps was part of bargaining with Russia. All assuming this is not some sort of extremely fast moving false flag.

IDK the actual story just yet but the "offical" one stinks.

As most "official" stories do...

I don't think it was a false flag, but more of a "never let a good tragedy go to waste" type of thing.

They plan further ahead than 24 hours for this kind of action. Not just a point and shoot area weapon, cruise missiles, that many cruise missiles at a million plus each have to be programmed for route and targeting, all supporting elements in place to carry off the mission.

More like they planned this weeks in advance and then false flagged a terr gas attack to 'justify it'. What about you, is killing droves of Syrian soldiers who are defending their country from invasion and had nothing to do with any gassing of civilians yesterday, justified?

Explain it to the wives and children they leave back home.

link   

Things change when you start gasing civilians en mass.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

We win declared wars, as fast as possible.

link   
Low approval ratings = bomb some place in the ME.

link   
For those asking about having to run things through congress, you might want to review the:

War Powers Act

Which, IMHO is a mess.

About as clear as mud in many cases. Review acts committed by Bill Clinton, W. Bush and Obama.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join