It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
I just saw the pictures of the kids Assad killed. I think I changed my mind about not caring because of the camel urine thing.
What a monster Assad is! I usually have a hard heart, but those pictures of those kids gassed laid out in the back of that truck made my eyes water a few drops.

Why doesn't Assad just abdicate the thrown in favor of an Islamic parliament with powers divided between the opposing forces? It seems to me that it would be the selfless thing to do to resolve the problem, rather than try to retain power by brute force.

You know why you felt that way? They intended you too. The terrorists responsible for this. Nobody forced them to put their Saudi-sourced Sarin in a weapons depot in an Urban area.

No they wanted the Syrians to bomb them so this would happen. Worked exactly as planned.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
A Very Big Mistake in my opinion.I am disappointed by this.Why do we think we have to be the Worlds' policeman?

Yes, you do, after being bankrupted twice in two wars, Britain could not afford to be anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

and is not a crazed or stupid man

He's very intelligent. But I read a story about how when Assad was questioned about how he sleeps with the children killed in the war. He laughed.

I'm hard hearted and those pictures of those kids my eyes water for a few minutes.

He's a sociopath.
edit on 7-4-2017 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Kryties

To be honest, the Pentagon only actually showed an illustration of the radar data, and not actual data. But the airstrike is not whats in question, its whether they hit an ammo dump filled with chemical weapons that the rebels have been known on multiple occasion to use, or whether the strike itself had chemical weapons.

From what I understand witness reports stated that it was 4 bombs, 3 which exploded conventionally and a fourth that released a cloud of yellowy-white smoke upon impact.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What a sweet thought.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2
You "read a story" - that's cute. Do you believe in every story you just happen across or only the one's from your favourite source (eg. CNN)?

We're trying to have a serious discussion about something that may well have dire implications for countless innocents - if you could contribute a little more in the way of proof than "I read a story", before concluding that Assad is a monster who most definitely was responsible for the chemical attack - we might just get somewhere!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
# Trump and # your gullible Government.

Trump is a retard.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: vjr1113
No WAR!!!
we dont need more wounded vets

That's easily resolved. We have the capacity to render Syria into a grease spot without ever setting a single American foot down on Syrian soil. If we go that route, fighting this from a position in which it is impossible to suffer US casualties, the price is low and internal backlash shouldn't be all that high.

The USA shouldn't be doing anything.

This is going to make a #ty situation worse.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Congress is allowing the Presidents to invade without doing their constitutional job because of money. This way battles can all go on the credit card, in trickles so we won't notice. And private contractors get rich with 15 year skirmishes.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: Ohanka
This is how the world ends.

That's a major exaggeration.

Trump gets things done. Something had to be done.

Something had to be done?

Yeah a through investigation to prove actually DID the chemical attack, not a knee jerk reaction after barely 48 hours.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: DBCowboy

Same as in the other thread.

What in the actual f)(#????

News breaks that Syria used gas on children, next day were launching missiles at their infrastructure. Preceded by HRC coming out of the basement to say "Hay guyz!! I would totally lauch missiles at their airfields!"

Red flags should be raised in minds across the world.

Clinton made her statements hours ago calling for strikes and now it's happening. She seemed to know before the rest of us. Definitely red flags.

Yeah her treasonous moles are probably still hanging around in government handing out classified information like candy, but we all already knew that.

Dont be stupid.

Hillary was asking for this during her campaign.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Trump just got played. Stupid.
There is no reason why Assad would use chemical weapons at a time when he is winning the civil war.
Warmongers, behind the scenes are orchestrating this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Can't say I'm not disappointed with Trump's decision to bomb Syria, and I do hope both Syria and Russia retaliate against what seems to be yet another 4 years of the US foreign military aggression.

If the US was sending whatever message with this attack, let's hope Russia does the exact same thing

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Doesn't this mean that we are now officially/directly at war against Syria?
Or at least, made a direct act of war?

I'm not sure if the US has ever attacked Syria directly.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Edit:
Also, what about congress?

My friend told me about some resolution made during Vietnam that allows a president to use military force without congressional approval for 30 days

No, Assad used chemical weapons

There is no proof of that. It makes no sense!

Why wpuld Assad use chemical weapons?

It was more likely a terrorist group!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Trump just got played. Stupid.
There is no reason why Assad would use chemical weapons at a time when he is winning the civil war.
Warmongers, behind the scenes are orchestrating this.

I was willing to give Trump a chance.

Well he has lost it. He can go down with Bush and Obama now.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'd say Trump should be removed from office because of this but Pence would be even worse.

There's no way out of this quagmire.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Trump makes statement saying the strike was in the "vital national security interests" of our country.

He calls on "civilized nations to join US in "seeking an end to the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria.

twitter.com...

I hope they tell him to piss off.

No more war.

Especially not one with Russia. Jesus Christ.

The UK will be right up there with him you wait

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yep. Millennials jobs and old age have been given to invasions. By the time they realize it, they will be eating dog food.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So you think those folks suffocating to death on lethal gas isn't real?

No I think terrorist did it because they are losing so they triggered a response like this from the orange retard in chief
edit on 7-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This is one of the biggest reasons so many of us were anti trump...

This guy just doesn't have the temperament to handle the position of POTUS...and we said time and time again that he would do exactly this sort of thing

Less than 5 months in and he's already pulled the trigger on dropping bombs on yet another sovereign nation w out having all the facts....not that we should have anyway, if Assad DID do this then it's Russia's job to hold him accountable, and I don't think he did, Just like I don't believe he did the last time he was accused...

Trump also got his finger pointed at North Korea too.....someone needs to quarantine this man away from crap like this before he puts us in a spot there's no recourse from....if he hasn't already...

But hey his supporters all talk about how smart he is and how everything is calculated and he's always 10 steps ahead!!!! Right?! Right?!!!

Ugh we're doomed

edit on 4/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join