It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches Tomahawks on Syrian airbases

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

come on man, hes sad about the kids.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

To be honest, the Pentagon only actually showed an illustration of the radar data, and not actual data. But the airstrike is not whats in question, its whether they hit an ammo dump filled with chemical weapons that the rebels have been known on multiple occasion to use, or whether the strike itself had chemical weapons.
edit on 4-7-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: muse7
First time I agree with Trump on something. Something needs to be done about Assad ASAP

We don't even know that Assad was behind the chemical attacks, pardon me if I disregard "US intelligence" on the matter.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me 1,000's of times? Nope.

The US showed evidence of radar tracks from that airfield to the place where the bombs were dropped and back at the time of the attack.

To who? And how do they know what the munitions were?

link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Photos of Syrian Shayrat Airbase, Homs Countryside after the US Tomahawk strike this morning, some hangars, planes & runways still intact

From the link you provided.

I would have thought the place would have been completely leveled after 50 or so Tomahawks or is it just me?
edit on 7-4-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
More news from the Russians

Russia suspends flight safety memorandum over Syria after US missile strike

Russia has suspended the memorandum of understanding on flight safety in Syria with the United States amid the US missile strike on Syria’s Shayrat military airfield, according to the Russian Foreign Ministry’s statement.

This is the agreement where Russia agrees not to target US aircraft flying over Syria.

Things could go south and escalate very quickly if this ridiculous situation is not carefully handled.
edit on -050003am4kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: muse7
First time I agree with Trump on something. Something needs to be done about Assad ASAP

Alright then. Then what? Give the country over to the Islamic State?

Those are the two options after all.

Yeah. What a cluster #. This is going to do nothing more than further escalate things with Russia etc etc. It doesn't seem like Russia is immediately wanting to retaliate, which is good. They are wanting to take it to the U.N. Security Council....but honestly, the U.N. is worthless. We may see more activity in Ukraine by Russia, as some indirect way of retaliation. I would not be surprised. Meanwhile in NK......
edit on 7-4-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Does the USA maintain an air-presence over Syria?

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah, they fly sorties almost daily.

link   

This is a worrying development....things could go south very quickly in deed if a stray shot goes the wrong way.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth

This is a worrying development....things could go south very quickly in deed if a stray shot goes the wrong way.

Russia just announced it won't be a stray shot.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
RT: Russia has suspended the memorandum of understanding on flight safety in Syria with the United States amid the US missile strike on Syria’s Shayrat military airfield, according to the Russian Foreign Ministry’s statement.

Seems things go to new standoff US Russia

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

Photos of Syrian Shayrat Airbase, Homs Countryside after the US Tomahawk strike this morning, some hangars, planes & runways still intact

From the link you provided.

I would have thought the place would have been completely leveled after 50 or so Tomahawks or is it just me?

The explosive "yield" can be adjusted, missile by missile. If we wanted to, the USA could have left nothing but a big crater in the ground, where the airport used to be.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
RT: Russia has suspended the memorandum of understanding on flight safety in Syria with the United States amid the US missile strike on Syria’s Shayrat military airfield, according to the Russian Foreign Ministry’s statement.

Seems things go to new standoff US Russia

Time to turn on the stealth...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah, they fly sorties almost daily.

Well then..since the Russians were there first, we should leave. Focus on America. After all, "America First!", is President Trump's battle cry.

We get involved in that war, and out the window goes every domestic agenda item that Trump promised.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Ahh fair enough, thanks...i do now have to ask though why not just turn up the yield and use a half dozen or so then instead of 50 at how ever many $$$ these things cost.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

In fact they launched a raid outside of Der ez Zor yesterday with some of those non boot on ground special forces.
Details about the landing operation which was carried out today in #DeirEzzor province by the International Coalition. I let you guess who's helicopters those were from the coalition.

link   
a reply to: Navieko

History shows that many dictatorships have no regard for their fellow countrymen. look at Pol pot and chairman Mao-between those two regimes over 100 million people died but many nations sat and procrastinated.

It had to be done and while this may seem like a rash response we can't stand aside because nothing will change if no one steps up.

I'd like to hear Russia's response-that will be entertaining.

link   
My....how we mitigate the crumbs and forget the pie....geezus..

edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 07 Apr 2017 03:27:37 -05004amFridayth03am by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Ahh fair enough, thanks...i do now have to ask though why not just turn up the yield and use a half dozen or so then instead of 50 at how ever many $$$ these things cost.

Because the targets were separated by hundreds of yards. For one missile to take out 3 or 4 targets, a lot more men and women would have died. We didn't want to blow up the barracks, mess hall, etc..

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join