It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moments Around Good Friends, That Make You Feel Lonely

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I like how we've been basically accused of derailing the thread by contributing, in context.

Yes assumptions are made that we someone view this whole situation as a potential one night stand. I think it's clear from my comments that this is not what I think at all.

Seems to me that TrueBrit might have potentially met a soulmate or companion...someone he chatted with for almost an hour, on subject they are both interested in. I think his friends spotted this, I think TrueBrit also spotted this, and is scared to make a move.

Or maybe that's what his friends think...it's besides the point, not once did myself or grainofsand suggest that TrueBrit should have used this as an opportunity to engage in a one night stand...this is you guys who are saying that...ask yourselves why you have that particular perspective because it don't apply to me.

Personally, I believe TrueBrit wants companionship based on other threads I've read and for some reason am not allowed to mention or consider. People bleat on about personal attacks...how can you possibly take part in a thread that someone starts, about their personal life...without talking about their personal life or at least touching on it?

Nobody wants TrueBrit to change or be someone he isn't...sometimes people are in denial of what they really want or need, or get used to living a particular way and actively want change, but are afraid to step out of their comfort zone.

I believe TrueBrits friends...his real friends, the ones he was out drinking with...who actually know him are in a better position to help him than any of you.

You're all just using this as an opportunity to make yourself look like you're good people...stop kidding yourselves...you guys don't know him. You know the character he plays in an online forum. This whole thread is ridiculous...seems TrueBrit simply wants a pat on the back and more validation, more confirmation that he's righteous, etc.

It's pathetic.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lastly...it's pretty funny how the lefty brigade appear to virtue signal about how they believe sexual promiscuity to be bad, one night stand bad.

Bang on about how this whole concept of sexual promiscuity is somehow the cause of all mankinds problems and will lead to its inevitable downfall...etc, etc.

Yet they're in other threads actively supporting overtly perverted and deviant behaviour...this tells us everything we need to know.

Half or most of you don't believe the crap your spouting or even realise the fuindamental contradictions...you all just say the right things so that you appear to be nice people. We screw nice...be real, be honest...be yourselves.

Sick of the fakers, the liars, the showboating.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Come on he meets this young lady regularly, he knows her mother it was specifically about him not making "the move".
They did say some explicit things in earshot of her mother that's the gentleman thing he was talking about.

You don't know him either but your judgement of him is more accurate? Sorry but since you didn't even grasp the situation he described, I doubt that.

And since you make this political (gawd knows why) I just like it when people are actually aware of what they're doing and why and my comment was to defend the freedom not to participate whilst not judging.
Can you wrap your "rightwing" head around that?
I know you people struggle with facts that why it seems even more important for you to maybe look up what about sex it is that makes it "feel so good" and then you can look for as many whatever gendered adults to do what you want.
Just 'member STDs are no fake science.

edit on 4-5-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah I've considered my enjoyment of respectful consensual sex with barrier contraception and I see no moral or ethical argument against my activities.
I also chuckled at your 'fall of empires' link with recreational sex though.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You think my judgement of him is less meaningful than yours because yours is positive and mine not so much?

Everyone responding to this thread - positively or negatively, has judged the OP whether you like it or not.

And to reiterate...what type of gentleman or friend comes on an online forum, to badmouth his own, actual, physical...real life friends to his fake, poser online friends?

The fake kind, that's what. Naturally, he dodged that bullet by failing to acknowledge the point, and hid behind a veneer of lies and misdirection...no, we're attacking him and derailing his thread.

This whole thread is nothing more than one big, virtue signalling circle jerk.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie
I believe TrueBrits friends...his real friends, the ones he was out drinking with...who actually know him are in a better position to help him than any of you.

You see that statement, there?

That tells you everything you need to know about my position on this...no I don't think I know him well enough.

I don't think you or anyone on this forum know him wel;l enough...his friends are most likely privvy to details that we are not.

Is that clear enough for you? The day one of my friends come on ATS to paint me in an unfavourable light to make himself look good is the day that he/she ceases to be my friend, quite frankly.

Seems he values his fake, online friends more than he does his real, in the flesh friends.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

He didn't say anything someone who isn't a super special snowflake would consider bad.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

What on earth are you talking about?

I never accused him of saying anything bad, can you elaborate?

Your lame tactics don't work on me, sorry. You can throw all of the meaningless insults at me you want...so much for staying on topic.

There's nothing special about me, mate. I ain't the one living a lie to be accepted in some petty online group, towing the party line to be part of some clique on a forum.
edit on 4-5-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

Is that clear enough for you? The day one of my friends come on ATS to paint me in an unfavourable light to make himself look good is the day that he/she ceases to be my friend, quite frankly.

Seems he values his fake, online friends more than he does his real, in the flesh friends.

Okay then I rephrase that:
He didn't say anything that would paint his friends in an unfavourable light unless they're super special snowflakes.
Better?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yeah I've never dissed any real life mates online.
I even supported the O'S real life mates as it was probably banter and the author of this thread didn't get the intent.

Obviously we can't discuss the OP author, but I'd say anyone with the passions as discussed in this thread would of course fail when speaking to a female who just wants to be asked for a pint and maybe more.

Ladies LMAO!
The poshest 'ladies' in my experience are the ones most open to starting straight discussions of consensual sex.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No...not really.

And just to point out...you made various comments about my attitude towards sex when I've said little to nothing on the subject of sex. You give me advice on STD's and made many assumptions, yet fail to realise that I've had very few sexual partners in my life.

Let he who is without sin, right? Also...I'm rightwing, apparently.

I think it's pretty clear that your judgement is clouded, clouded by your need to be seen saying all the right things by all the right people.

Your opinions are completely meaningless...now go tidy up your fringe.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

edit on 4-5-2017 by Peeple because: Self censoring because I take the T&C very serious

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You started the "leftist" comment do I have to quote that for you again? But since you're pretty annoying to discuss with, I just stop.
Bye

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah...because if you identify lefty stupidity for what it is you must obviously be on the right...there's no middle ground, right?

No...since you are wrong and have no clear direction, and will inevitably contradict yourself with your inherent, contrary opinions...bye!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Lol, star.
WTF is this 'lady' bull# though?
You are female and you are treated the same these days remember?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Maybe but if I put on heels and lingerie straps I am a lady. If we put up a new fence or build a shed together we're equal.

That's also a power thing I guess and we could analyse that in great detail but it would really derail the thread.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So define 'ladies and gentlemen' then as you perceive it?
That is on topic because the OP has a stated his definition and he can challenge if his differs to yours.

I think the whole ladies and gentlemen thing treating each other differently is sexist as # and patronising to females.
edit on 4.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe but if I put on heels and lingerie straps I am a lady. If we put up a new fence or build a shed together we're equal.

That's also a power thing I guess and we could analyse that in great detail but it would really derail the thread.

So, by this standard in order for a man to be equal to a woman he must do what?

I like how you assume putting up a fence to be a manly pursuit...pretty sexist.

that's why you disgracefully bowed out of the debate...because what you purport to be doesn't quite sit alongside what you actually are. So men put up fences, etc.

Thus, in order for me to be a womans equal I guess I'll have to simply slap on some makeup and prance about wearing askirt with a handbag, or something.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So define 'ladies and gentlemen' then as you perceive it?
That is on topic because the OP has a stated his definition and he can challenge if his differs to yours.

I think the whole ladies and gentlemen thing treating each other differently is sexist as # and patronising to females.

I can answer this - gentlemen erect fences and build sheds.

Ladies wear heels and lingerie straps.

Behold, the fruits of equality, do I win £5?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No I don't. It's part of common courtesy. The things I do when I'm intimate with someone are very private. If I am around friends I don't like getting dirty comments, being touched and looked at as prey.
As far as I can tell really sexually attractive men also come to a point of saturation when it just stops being flattering and crosses the line of objectification.
Therefore if you're not friends but not sexual partners either, might that be a yet or permanently, treating eachother as lady and gentleman is just polite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join