It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Petersburg metro 'explosion': Multiple injuries after blast on underground in Russian city

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

So are we apparently. Should we get the party started??

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That is a VERY small charge, when compared to other bombings of metropolitan railways in the past.

One of the Madrid bombs was about 10kg of explosive with a kilo of nails packed around it, from what I recall of the incident and reportage into the same.

A 300g bomb is a very small package. That suggests quite a powerful explosive chemical, even taking into account the necessarily smaller blast signature.

A WW2 hand grenade had a TNT charge of about 2 oz; roughly 60 grams. This had 300g of a less powerful explosive, such as the acetone derived peroxide or possibly black powder in a burster with shrapnel wrapped around it. This was a relatively small charge as demolitions go.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As others have stated I'm guessing Chechens. Personally I'm surprised we haven't really seen any attacks prior to this. Chechens make up a decent number of ISIS' numbers along with pretty much every other Islamic terrorist group out there.

That said there are obviously other options. The opposition has been staging protests across the country for a few weeks now. It's possible these protests led to the formation of an extremist element.

Ukraine is another obvious potential culprit.

The impending ban on Jehovah's Witnesses has also ticked off a large number of Christians worldwide. And despite what people on ATS want you to believe there are extremist Christian groups.

I'm sure some on here will want to point the blame at the US. I guess it could be a possibility but I don't think it likely. They don't really gain anything from such an act.

Finally we can't forget that Russia does have a history of false flags. It was a false flag that led to the Second Chechen War and ultimately Putin's rise to power.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh hell yes, time to clean house.

K~

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
looks like intentional blast from the streams i've been watching. Don't see what purely technical issues could cause this then again you never know.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Oh hell yes, time to clean house.

K~

You are advocating murder. That's driving me up the wall right now. I hope you are caught.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wow this is wild. Prayers to all of those involved and their families. These kinds of attacks just make me feel like my heart is slowly being ripped apart.

I don't give a damn what political reasoning there could be, it's wrong to do something like this to others flat out.

Regardless of what country or group or person is responsible.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Why would want to do something as ridiculous as that?
How would that aid the country in any way?

Funny those that claim to love community & country always think of ways to do harm.

K~

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sky news is now reporting that a second device has been made safe.

edit on 3-4-2017 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It was a good thing they shut down all the subway stations.

They found and deactivated another bomb on another subway.

he Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 4m4 minutes ago
More BREAKING: Russian anti-terrorism committee says it has found and deactivated a bomb at another St. Petersburg subway station.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
It was a good thing they shut down all the subway stations.

They found and deactivated another bomb on another subway.

he Associated Press‏Verified account @AP 4m4 minutes ago
More BREAKING: Russian anti-terrorism committee says it has found and deactivated a bomb at another St. Petersburg subway station.

Wow. I hope they find any other bombs that might be around and nobody else innocent gets hurt.

Hopefully the vermin who did this will be caught/killed soon.

(post by projectvxn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A tragedy.

I hope they catch the cowards with extreme prejudice!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join