It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Petersburg metro 'explosion': Multiple injuries after blast on underground in Russian city

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not sure where to navigate from here..
vpiter.com...
Live cams in St. Petersburg. Hopefully there will be no more incidents.

You can translate to english. Coment section lower on the page mentions the safety of the subway. Hope this situation is quelled quickly.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm not very Twitter savvy but it pops up in the search results and I know enough to be able to see latest tweets on a particular subject.

Interesting to see the ones coming in about this event. They range from people asking questions to people offering to help others get home (in St. Petersburg, people are using twitter to find/offer rides apparently) to people saying it's an attack orchestrated by Putin to boost popularity to people drawing a link to the impending Tillerson visit to people blasting CNN for talking about a sex scandal and not the bombing.

Some interesting tidbits floating by.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Heres some twitter feeds too. If you don't speak Russian, they got pictures of the suspected bomber , bomb, outside the station, etc.

twitter.com...
twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Photo of suspect currently wanted in connection with the attack.

Google translate gives ""Fontanka" publishes another photo of a man who is wanted in connection with the terrorist attacks."

Looks like another radical Islamist to me.
edit on -050010am4kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Thank you much.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Google translate gives ""Fontanka" publishes another photo of a man who is wanted in connection with the terrorist attacks."

Is it just me or does that almost seem to be a caricature of a Muslim...?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Could be a Russian Orthodox padre in civvies for all you could tell the difference. The beard? Standard to both. The hat? Difficult to establish origin without close examination. The long coat? Standard to both, especially in poor weather.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I had totally forgotten about the Orthodox fellas, good call out. Though if memory serves don't they tend to favor full beards? That guy looks like he has his cheeks shaved, or at least trimmed down, and I feel like I've always seen the Orthodox guys with full beards. Could be remembering incorrectly.

Either way, good call out.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Might sound odd, but: puh we're going with islamic terror it seems. That's a relief.
I

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Looks more like a Muslim than an Orthodox being honest about it. You'd bet on him being a Muslim by the look of that photo

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ok I think I know what this could possibly be. Distraction for the domestic front??

On Monday, April 3, 2017, two planes, likely to belong to the Russian air force, targeted the village of Habit in the Ma'arat al-Nu'man area (77 km south of Idlib), in the north of the country, with several air raids and guided missiles.

Syrian Army, Russian Marines prepare for large-scale offensive in northern Hama
BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:20 A.M.) – A large group of Russian Marines and military police arrived to the predominately Christian city of Mhardeh this past weekend in order to help protect the area and join the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) as they begin a massive operation to recover the territory they lost from the jihadist rebels.

According to a military source in western Syria, the Syrian Arab Army and their Russian, Hezbollah, and Iranian allies are planning to launch a massive offensive that will target the Northern Hama Plain located just south of the Idlib Governorate’s provincial border.

This was almost timed exactly as the Syrian army made its offensive into Hama, which the Russians were also involved in. That offensive is on going.
edit on 4-3-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well that guy should have been getting watched as soon as he left the damm house. If I would have to profile a terrorist that would be him.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
ok I think I know what this could possibly be. Distraction for the domestic front??

Syrian Army, Russian Marines prepare for large-scale offensive in northern Hama
BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:20 A.M.) – A large group of Russian Marines and military police arrived to the predominately Christian city of Mhardeh this past weekend in order to help protect the area and join the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) as they begin a massive operation to recover the territory they lost from the jihadist rebels.

According to a military source in western Syria, the Syrian Arab Army and their Russian, Hezbollah, and Iranian allies are planning to launch a massive offensive that will target the Northern Hama Plain located just south of the Idlib Governorate’s provincial border.

This was almost timed exactly as the Syrian army made its offensive into Hama, which the Russians were also involved in. That offensive is on going.

Why would they want to distract people from Syria? Western Pollsters show the majority of Russians are very much in favour of helping their allies defeat the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The beard looks pretty full to me. The sideburns are in check, but from the edge of the jaw onward is bushy as hell. That is not a scarf around his neck, I think you will find.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I wonder if the Ruskies had any training exercises goin on today?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Could be a Russian Orthodox padre in civvies for all you could tell the difference. The beard? Standard to both. The hat? Difficult to establish origin without close examination. The long coat? Standard to both, especially in poor weather.

Could be....SMH. But we all know its a Muslim.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

well then maybe it was for the international market to focus on the subways and ignore the ops?? I don't really bother pointing it out in my threads, but many of the things that happen here in the states, like that interstate 85 fire outside ATL the other day coincide/synchronize closely to movements on the ground around Tabqha dam. If reports from the SDF are anything to by, our Marines were also fighting on the ground with them.

My only theory is that governments focus on incidents like this in the media in an effort to overshadow the movements on that day of forces on the ground in far off battle zones.

Its only a theory, I just though id put it out there. I sill think Ukraine is connected, its actually been pretty intense along that line of scrimmage between Ukraine and Donbas this year.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

We do not KNOW anything yet.

Nor does anyone else. Everything at this stage is speculation at best.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Is it just me or does that almost seem to be a caricature of a Muslim...?

Yeah, He must have missed Jihadi School the day when the class went over How to blend in when on Covert bombing operations.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Shangralah

We do not KNOW anything yet.

Nor does anyone else. Everything at this stage is speculation at best.

Oh cmon man.. I know, you know , they know, we all effing know. If it looks like duck and quacks like a duck. its not a russian padre.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join