It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It a Scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hi Ats. Maybe someone has an idea?

I just received 4 texts on my phone within a minute, all contained the same message about some confirmation code I have to type in an App.

It was signed as 'digits by twitter', I don't have a twitter account, never had.

Right after the texts a number called from the US, Birmingham, Alabama area, (I live in the UK) left an automated message, the same confirmation code to the App.

I looked up the number, it was associated with Twitter's 'periscope' app. More than a dozen comments stated the same happened to them with same MO

I will just leave it as its is, won't interact but made me think if is it a scam? If so what is the agenda here? I am honestly curious.

Many thanks

edit on 29-3-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
Hi Ats. Maybe someone has an idea?

I just received 4 texts on my phone within a minute, all contained the same message about some confirmation code I have to type in an App.

It was signed as 'digits by twitter', I don't have a twitter account, never had.

Right after the texts a number called from the US, Birmingham, Alabama area, (I live in the UK) left an automated message, the same confirmation code to the App.

I looked up the number, it was associated with Twitter's 'periscope' app. More than a dozen comments stated the same happened to them with same MO

I will just leave it as its is, won't interact but made me think if is it a scam? If so what is the agenda here? I am honestly curious.

Many thanks

Well, if you don't have a twitter account, and you don't live in the US, and a few other people have said they had the same issue.. then chances are that its a scam.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

all contained the same message about some confirmation code I have to type in an App.

Do it man , you might have won a lot of money , i once won 3rd prize in the Liverpool football club random email lottery but i deleted the email so i could not claim it . Sarc off .

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Scam.

Publishers clearing house may be looking for you..
According to them, I've been just seconds away from winning millions... For about three years now...

Don't even open texts from numbers you don't know. Sometimes just opening one can start an app to hack your phone.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I dunno, I am bit confused, kinda missing the good old Nigerian accent usually comes with these scams. Even in texts

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Everything is a scam This whole System is a scam. The World runs on a scam!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I've recently noticed that scams have crossed the Rubicon from landlines and email to cell phones and text. It sucks. I might get a new phone and never use it for anything but family stuff on it so i don't pick up a bunch of crap on it.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Digits by Twitter

Annoying but common apparently, ref above link
edit on 2017-03-29T08:18:48-05:002017Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:18:48 -0500bWednesday1803America/Chicago178 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Thank you for the link!

Mods could you please trash bin this thread, there is not much more left to say.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: hutch622

I dunno, I am bit confused, kinda missing the good old Nigerian accent usually comes with these scams. Even in texts

My cousin is a prince over there. He needs to move some money to the US and could use your help. He will pay you a large sum. he just needs you to send him $500 to prove you are a real person. (just a formality) we he just needs your SS number........
edit on 29-3-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What ticks me off are those scammers that will use my phone number to pop up in the next scamee's phone. Then the person will call my number and ask me to explain what I wanted. I've gotten some irate calls because of my spoofed telephone number...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

they use random number generators...can´t run from them with a number change...

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Everything is a scam This whole System is a scam. The World runs on a scam!

Not the whole world, or I would have to say your post is a scam.

new topics

top topics

join