It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not accept the chip!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
got no problem having to use cards or any other external device to handle things like buying and selling goods.
but a chip? what good would a chip do in a corpse?
beeleeve me, if the 49% who didn't take the chip needed food, we'd take it. thank god and the constitution for allowing me to be able to stockpile guns and ammo for just such an occasion.
seriously, it will never happen. at least not until the chip people win the Civil War that this will cause.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lizard
How will you survive if you can not purchase any goods?

Soul, you must not have grown up on a farm.
I know farmers that could live for a very long time without ever going to town. They have milk, meat, water, faith and a gift for gab, to barter for what they need, and a resourcefulness, if they can't barter they think of something else that will work, that is unsurpassed.

Fortunately, this ole gal happens to be married to one.

You are correct in that I have never lived on a farm, unfortunately us
city dwellers would be SOL. Imagine hundreds of thousands of people refusing to take the chip.........we would have at least that many Rambo's
living in the wild trying to live off the land, how long do you think the
government would let that happen?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent

Not necessarely death, because there will probably have some help for those people, like there is actually for the people living out of the society (homeless), food coupons, shelters...

I don't think it will be that easy for people to get government aid when they enforce the chips. I truly beleive that something is going to happen to our whole system - it's going to fall; or I should say be reconstructed. I still think that something horrible is going to happen and we won't have food stamps, etc. to fall back on and people are going to cry for the chip because you will need to survive. People are so use to comfort that people will line up to get the chip for themselves, for their families.

Me personally, I would die. There is freedom in death and with that chip you will never ever be free. Comfort is illusion. I know it is easy for me to say that now, but beleive me if something drastically horrible happens and the UN steps in or other forces and you have to have the chip to survive, hello Bible prophecy - people should get the hint and weight he options. I would die free.

Amen...........

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hmmm personnally, I would probally take the chip. But since it is based soley on electricty a small enough EMP pulse would take it out, hence rendering the device useless

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well maybe if that horriffic choice came, surely a leader would rise to inspire the people not to accept such a ridiculous choice, and start a new society, rather than just let evil win.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Becasue I am not Christian (anymore), I don't believe in God, nor the Devil, nor do I believe in "the mark of the Beast". If it ever comes down it being mandatory to get a chip, I will. I will not fight it, and I will not kill myself after I get it (IMO, if anybody does, they're just as pathetic at the Heavens Gate cult). First of all, why (except for the illogical, cult-like fear of the "mark of the Beast" reason) are people afraid of it? All it seems to be doing is making things more conveniant, like all technology does. Hair products, deodorant, soap, even water, could just as well be the mark of the beast - we all use them or have used them in the past. Just imagine being kidnapped or lost in the wilderness and having someone know where you are. Second of all, I have way too much in my life to live for to just leave it all behind and take the easy way out (death).

This site is great, but you ultra-religious people scare me sometimes (like now), and for that, you're one of the reasons I left religion, and became a member of logic.

[edit on 7/26/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Becasue I am not Christian (anymore), I don't believe in God, nor the Devil, nor do I believe in "the mark of the Beast". If it ever comes down it being mandatory to get a chip, I will. I will not fight it, and I will not kill myself after I get it (IMO, if anybody body does, they're just as pathetic at the Heavens Gate cult). First of all, why (except for the illogical, cult-like fear of the "mark of the Beast" reason) are people afraid of it? All it seems to be doing is making things more conveniant, like all technology does. Hair products, deodorant, soap, even water, could just as well be the mark of the beast - we all use them or have used them in the past. Just imagine being kidnapped or lost in the wilderness and having someone know where you are. Second of all, I have way too much in my life to live for to just leave it all behind and take the easy way out (death).

This site is great, but you ultra-religious people scare me sometimes (like now), and for that, you're one of the reasons I left religion, and became a member of logic.

I am not a religious fanatic in any sense of the word but I must say that if the time really does come when government forces it's citizens to comply for it's own saftey, that is pure evil and does not deserve to rule over me.

We the people rule over government and sould not have to bow to anyone except to our respective God. (and Gods to pagans and such).

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am not ultra-religious, as a matter of fact, I am not religious at all but I am a Christian. Yes, there is a difference. I am sorry that you feel that way, but it is what you feel. I am truly sad that it seems that you are angry because people have mentioned "the mark" or "prophecy" or other things to suggest "Christianity", but can you set that aside just for a moment to examine what this would really mean?

To have someone implant a chip inside of you to control - doesn't this seem a little bit like slavery to you, or have you allowed yourself to beleive that there is no such thing as slavery, or do you not care if you are enslaved for the rest of your life; and it doesn't stop there it's even deeper than that. Please put religion a side and your feelings regarding religion and really think hard about this thing because it is much more than certain people stepping up in refusal because of "religious" reasons.

Had to edit and take the italics off -
Okay, didn't work - dunno why it's doing this, sorry

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Godsent]

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Godsent]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't believe in the mark of the beast, and until I was proven to think different, I would except the chip.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It would be better to die fighting than to die on my knees. Not only that we all know that if this comes true those with the chips and those who implant them will rot in the fires of hell for eternity.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by katt06
I don't believe in the mark of the beast, and until I was proven to think different, I would except the chip.

Just curious, but what would prove it too you? If they required you use a chip system to buy goods, would that prove it? Because thats coming anyway. I don't think its going to be obvious at all that this is some evil thing. If it was, who would accept it?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am a christian and I too believe this would be a foretaste of the mark of the beast which will also be a spiritual decision if you take it.

What I'm waiting for is a child or even adult who has been chipped to be kidnapped by someone and before that person has time to rape and or kill the victim, the chip will let authorities know where they are and they will be found alive. Do you realize what this would do. People would line up in abundance to get something that could help protect themselves and their children. Like right now they are looking for the Hacking woman. If she was chipped they would be able to find her. This ability to find missing persons will easily erase "fear of getting the chip" from many minds.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
To have someone implant a chip inside of you to control - doesn't this seem a little bit like slavery to you, or have you allowed yourself to beleive that there is no such thing as slavery, or do you not care if you are enslaved for the rest of your life; and it doesn't stop there it's even deeper than that. Please put religion a side and your feelings regarding religion and really think hard about this thing because it is much more than certain people stepping up in refusal because of "religious" reasons.

Not to sound ignorant, but since you claim to know so much, how will it be "a bit like slavery"? And, setting religion aside, please don't tell me they will "hack into your brain" or for some other idiotic, schizophrenic reason like it.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JabbaOnTheDais

Originally posted by katt06

Just curious, but what would prove it too you? If they required you use a chip system to buy goods, would that prove it? Because thats coming anyway. I don't think its going to be obvious at all that this is some evil thing. If it was, who would accept it?

Well, in my case I am a Catholic, my big fear is misinterpretion of such things as the Mark of the Beast. How do you know what it is? How can you be sure it is the Chip (which, though the chip in my opinion would solve a lot of problems in this world, it would still be too dangerous because everything good in technology ultimately can be used for evil.)

Anyway, at the risk of whatever is left of my credibility after already admitting to being Catholic
here is my plan. If the Pope says it's the Mark of the Beast as a Doctrine of the Church, I am forbidden from taking it - if not, it's just another thing I will have to weigh in on once it's a reality.

(Please don't anyone tell me about all the Popes who made mistakes in the past or flame the one we've got - the infallibility of the Pope is only in matters of Doctrine. There would have to be a Doctrine of the Church on the matter for it to be an issue. )

Edit: But the bottom line of my post is, how can people be so certain that this IS the Mark of the Beast?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Relentless]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Well, in my case I am a Catholic, my big fear is misinterpretion of such things as the Mark of the Beast. How do you know what it is? How can you be sure it is the Chip (which, though the chip in my opinion would solve a lot of problems in this world, it would still be too dangerous because everything good in technology ultimately can be used for evil.)

Very good point! Throughout history, Christians have misinterpreted verses of the Bible to support all sorts of notions. I think just the fact we're all in agreement that its a chip means its likely not. We don't have a good track record when it comes to such things. For Christians who believe Revelation, there is going to be (or is) a "Mark of the Beast" and its important. But other than that, we can't be sure of anything. All we can do, is do what we feel is right, and trust that God would enlighten us before we made such a descion to accept the mark.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
God has let us know, or someone has let us know as it was written 1000, 2000 years ago in the good book. The mark will be needed to purchase
and sell, rich and poor etc., the point is would you take it?
Technology is so much farther than we know......can the chip read your thoughts through nerve endings or electromagnetic resonance?
That would mean "they" could theoretically overwrite or download your entire electro/chemically stored memories onto a hard drive in los alamos.

[edit on 7/26/2004 by Soul Reaper]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ah, the Chip. Bet you can't take just one.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i would prefer to die. they can take my body, but NEVER will take my soul away.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Ah, the Chip. Bet you can't take just one.

Yeppers. I would take the chip. I would also take any that *happen* to be laying around before I am switched on. I would have a 'friend' wait for me outside the clinic as my ride, leave with him/her, and trust them to *eprom* me on the spot with my code. Then I'd get home and fry them with my own code, then use one with altered code. I will also try to get on as a distrubiter/installer wait until the right moment, then secretly load my liberation code into their installation system. I realize if I am caught, I would have a lot more than just a job to worry about. I know that would also be smart enough to keep multiple copies of the code with others in secret, just in case,... I... disappear. I encourage others to do so, should this happen. The trick is waiting until the chip id coders of the NWO have crossed the line. I will be nice and helpful until then.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anyndur
i would prefer to die. they can take my body, but NEVER will take my soul away.

K - I have nothing to hide if someone wants to monitor my actions with my consent. If it ever was proved that they could mess with me, yes I would rather die....cause then what's the point in living if you aren't you anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join