It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHCA Vote Postponed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The House can't seem to get it together, in spite of the administration caving in to the hard core conservatives on required coverage.
www.slate.com...
edit on Thu Mar 23 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well better to delay than pass a pos bill, no?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think that Ryan sees it as better not vote on something he can't win.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I am just glad this time they had the opportunity to read it before they pass it.

This single bill could impact a large number of americans; these people need to get it right.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The House can't seem to get it together, in spite of the administration caving in to the hard core conservatives on required coverage.
www.slate.com...

My stomach has been in knots about this all day.

It is such a crappy bill they want to use to replace the ACA, I hope it never passes. If they want to make things better than the ACA, then go for it, but this was just a knife in the gut.

link   
Why even have a military if the American people do not have healthcare or retirement security?

link   

Damn. I was really hoping the idiotic House Republicans were willing to run over the cliff with this one and doom all their future legislative prospects in failure. Oh well, there is still time for that to occur next week I guess.

ETA: Well I can still take solace knowing that Spicer just made a fool of himself:

Sean Spicer.

Spicer says "nothing leads me to believe" that the vote tonight will get canceled. Says Trump is meeting w members of Tuesday Group later
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) March 23, 2017

edit on 23-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
"Measure twice, cut once."
-anon

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Phage
www.slate.com...

My stomach has been in knots about this all day.

It is such a crappy bill they want to use to replace the ACA, I hope it never passes. If they want to make things better than the ACA, then go for it, but this was just a knife in the gut.

Yeah, I agree, it's a real dick punch. This is how it works. The Democrats compromise on single payer healthcare system in order to get ACA passed. Then on the next cycle where Republicans are in the majority they gut the whole thing and replace it with an 18th century England type social policy.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Listening to Hannity a few minutes ago he called this a loss which is odd since he was against it.
It sounds like a short term delay. Ryan thinks he can get the votes but the Senate can only afford 1 no vote

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought Trump held a meeting with a bunch of the no-vote Republicans and was able to convince them to vote in favor of the bill.

Did that not pan-out so well?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trump "The Closer", didn't seem to be such a magnificent negotiator. But then, it is "complicated". You give someone something they want and, surprise, there a bunch of people who don't like that part.

So, this wonderful, beautiful bill (which does not do what Trump promised) turns into a larger and larger kludge. But next week it will be all better.

edit on 3/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Lol. Yeah. I don't see this issue becoming suddenly easier next week either. On top of that, they still haven't navigated getting this through the Senate (which is guaranteed DOA as long as Ryan/Trump keep appeasing the Freedom Caucus).

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let me guess it's postponed until the middle of the night on a Friday. The fact that so many Republicans oppose this bill should be a clear indicator it's trash. But instead of going back to the drawing board they're going to try to sneak it through.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They could give it a shot tomorrow, actually.

Starbucks franchisees will be happy.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Paul Ryan is a disaster.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Let me guess it's postponed until the middle of the night on a Friday. The fact that so many Republicans oppose this bill should be a clear indicator it's trash. But instead of going back to the drawing board they're going to try to sneak it through.

What would be the goal of sneaking it through?

If so many Republicans are against it, who is gaining from the first draft?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Listening to Hannity a few minutes ago he called this a loss which is odd since he was against it.
It sounds like a short term delay. Ryan thinks he can get the votes but the Senate can only afford 1 no vote

Maybe he meant a loss for Trump, since Trump was pushing the bill's passage.... an error in my opinion.

I hope it is dead and they go back to the drawing board.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That's a question a lot of people were asking up until they decided to delay the vote. Trump, his administration and Ryan were gung-ho about voting on this today at all costs.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

2 votes. Pence would probably tie break in favor of Trump.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join