It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHCA Vote Postponed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There really is no so called "free market" to go to unless and until enforcement and prosecution were to occur.

I'd say keep monstrosity in place w/o enforcing stupid tax/penalties just long enough for USC15 enforcement to trend, then kill it.

No new laws need be made for that part.

Congress can help with opening group insurance requirements much like credit unions, change re-importation laws for drugs which would overnight lower prices and have rest of world help pay research costs, make health insurance portable and asure it's an interstate commodity just for starters.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Apparently today the Koch's offered millions to every Republican in congress that voted against the health care bill. That is almost enough to make me support it.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah..it's "several million" in a fund that will be divided equally amongst all Republicans who vote "No".

Ref: www.breitbart.com...

I guess it doesn't matter if the AHCA bill passes or fails.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Tonight (Thursday) President Trump is telling the House to VOTE TOMORROW...no putting off till Monday of next week.

If the vote to repeal/replace ObamaCare fails on Friday, he's moving on to Tax Reform.

Obamacare stays and continues its death spiral till it crashes. The fault and blame will be with the Republicans.

Full Story: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Yeah..it's "several million" in a fund that will be divided equally amongst all Republicans who vote "No".

Ref: www.breitbart.com...

I guess it doesn't matter if the AHCA bill passes or fails.

If I had my way, that would be called bribery.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Apparently today the Koch's offered millions to every Republican in congress that voted against the health care bill. That is almost enough to make me support it.

Maybe the Koch Bros are "bundling" insurance company "PAC" contributions.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

This is why healthcare got expensive back in the day and remains so today with 8-9% yearly increase that will break the entire bank not many years out.

People like Koch's have much in common with free benefit class - neither gives a rats behind what happens to rest of country long as they get their due.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why are the universal health care plans in some of the smaller countries so successful?
Do they have better cooperation from the participants or are the rules so stringent and targeted that the same strategy can't be used in large countries like the US, Africa and India?

Universal health care countries

There is something not being explained by either political party here. Merkel mentioned this at her meeting with Trump but then she was off to lunch..

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Why are the universal health care plans in some of the smaller countries so successful?
Do they have better cooperation from the participants or are the rules so stringent and targeted that the same strategy can't be used in large countries like the US, Africa and India?

Universal health care countries

There is something not being explained by either political party here. Merkel mentioned this at her meeting with Trump but then she was off to lunch..

I'm not an expert on it, but in many countries they benefit from a currency exchange. Health care business is done in local dollars, while their industry exports for higher value dollars. On top of that, they get generic medications, and schooling puts the doctors in less debt. I think they rely on specialization more too which cuts down on time in school, so more are working.

The same strategy won't work in the US. The fact is, we're going to have to pay for it. And more than that, it needs to be functional without a subsidy at some predetermined level of income. Lets say we make that $30k. At which was say, someone maing $30k should be able to fully fund their health care on 10% of their income... $3,000. That's a premium of $250/month.

No one has yet figured out a system where people can get full coverage on $250/month.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Paul Ryan is the Enemy of the American People . A Bought and Paid For Obstructionist for the NWO Shadow Government who Deeply Despises President Trump , and is Directly Behind the Efforts to Sabotage his Administration . His Version of ACHA is Nothing more than Obamacare Part Deux with a New Face .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Tonight (Thursday) President Trump is telling the House to VOTE TOMORROW...no putting off till Monday of next week.

If the vote to repeal/replace ObamaCare fails on Friday, he's moving on to Tax Reform.

Obamacare stays and continues its death spiral till it crashes. The fault and blame will be with the Republicans.

GOP are the reason for the "death spiral". "Death Spiral" is GOP code for "we told you it would fail because we did everything we could to make it fail but despite our best efforts its going strong even in its broken current form and we could fix it but then we would have to admit we were wrong for 7 years."

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

GOP are the reason for the "death spiral". "Death Spiral" is GOP code for "we told you it would fail because we did everything we could to make it fail but despite our best efforts its going strong even in its broken current form and we could fix it but then we would have to admit we were wrong for 7 years."

Not really. Premiums and deductibles started increasing at double-digit rates the moment ObamaCare policies were the only legal ones allowed. This was 1/1/2013. After that, companies started pulling out of the program and greater number of physicians stopped accepting patients who had ObamaCare insurance. January 2013 is when the "death spiral" started. Republicans started helping it along when Paul Ryan stopped taxpayers from bailing out failing health insurance companies. The government co-ops, set up at the request of Democrats, were utter failures when the taxpayer bailout spigot was turned off. Only 4 of the 23 remain today.

People talk about President Trump "lying", but his lies affect no-one compared to the ones Obama told, when he was selling the Affordable Care Act. I don't have to re-state them here. People know the lies by heart now.
edit on 3/24/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh. My.

AHCA pulled.

www.washingtonpost.com... ory.html?utm_term=.c2021990a1b0
edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thank. Freaking. God.

It was a total "frying pan to the fire" deal for everyone.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Excellent. Now Trump and his team know exactly who to go after and how to craft to get it passed.

He gave them something and let them argue it to the last minute and pulled it. Just like any negotiation. They learned what each person wanted, who caved and who they can sway next time.

The good thing is that it was not passed yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

But, but...Trump said he's moving on.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I just that on the BeeBs.

They are trying to call it "Trumpcare" and if it needs further description they can always add a "gate" to the name!

I like how you took all that crud out by calling it what it actually is AHCA.

The Republicans pulled the vote! I know our senator was none too pleased and said she would vote against any bill if it did not replace what was available currently with something better and she's GOP. Now I don't get to see if she would vote that way!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Pretty convenient being a Senator isn't it? Pledge to only support something better if it comes along, but never having to vote on something better.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

She was thought of possibly being a key player if it did come to vote. She was looking out for her state by making that statement. It not quite as cynical as that. Alaska is always an after thought on most bills. IMO, it was actually kind of cool to see her step up like that before anything was available to review.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why even have a military if the American people do not have healthcare or retirement security?

What does that even mean?

You do understand that it is a primary function of our federal government to fund a national defense, right? It's an enumerated responsibility listed in the constitution.

Healthcare and Social Security, not so much.

Well then...suck it up, buttercup. The rest of the First World sits agog at the power pf the insurance companies to screw you over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join