It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape focuses critical attention on Dems 'sanctuary' states - Maryland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Considering the wide variety of Christian Sects in the world many that pay no attention to the catholic church I would stay your statement is a more than a bit off...

Kind of like saying Wahhabism represents all of islam... ignorant and short sided to push a political agenda on both fronts.

Just like saying all illegals or muslims are rapist, got ya, thanks for being honest.

where did I say that... oh right I did not.. but go ahead and keep projecting your issues I am sure that will help the situation..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Shangralah

Jail is a good place for them. Rape is illegal after all.

Not what I asked,

I answered the question. If we deport them, what's to stop them from coming back across the border and doing this again? At least in jail they won't have their freedom anymore to do that.

In jail they are still sucking on the tit of Americans. Costing us.

That is a trade off yes, but what would you say if we deported these two and they snuck back into our country and did this again?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.. Deport them and worry about that later.

One could say the same thing as it applies to sanctuary cities. These people COULD rape someone, but often they don't.

Like I said, they will likely be deported, but don't assume the story ends there.

link   

Jail that we the taxpayers fund...yay! More illegals getting by on our dime...not only do they get the benefit of living here, they get the benefit of our prison system being much nicer than their own country.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Because you're an informed American. Not a scared of your own shadow Trumper!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Question: Do you consider a parent stealing a loaf of bread to feed his starving child to be wrong?

Wait..what? Sure, on paper it is wrong. How exactly are the illegals comparable here? The rape/loaf of bread/illegal immigrant spin here is mind boggling.

Most illegals cross the border looking for better economic opportunities for them and their families. It's a very comparable situation. Keep in mind that you pointed out that crossing the border is the crime that these people are all basically guilty of. So I am questioning the severity of this crime. Not the rape in the OP.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
Great another thread re victimizing a victim, so that you can push an agenda. UGH

Using this crime and the victim, to push your agenda is disgusting.

Wanting to keep US citizens safe from illegal immigrant crime is an agenda that you have a problem with? Hmmm
I know it goes against the deranged Leftist PC agenda where they think if you ignore a problem, it will go away by itself.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Not what I asked,

I answered the question. If we deport them, what's to stop them from coming back across the border and doing this again? At least in jail they won't have their freedom anymore to do that.

Nothing will stop them because they are criminals and don't care...just like every other person illegally in the US...they don't like the law so they choose not to follow the law...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Not what I asked,

Nothing will stop them because they are criminals and don't care...

Yes. That is why I said I would prefer to put them in jail.

just like every other person illegally in the US...they don't like the law so they choose not to follow the law...

Answer my question. Do you think that a father stealing bread for his starving child is wrong?
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've seen the argument that if one life could be saved by banning guns, it'd be worth it.

Ironically, those that love that line have no problem with "collateral damage" caused by ignoring laws and allowing illegal aliens into the country.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Not what I asked,

That is a trade off yes, but what would you say if we deported these two and they snuck back into our country and did this again?

"Build a wall"

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The political issue is the illegal immigrant part, and it is equally vile, pathetic and disgusting to turn away from it.

I don't care what you think on immigration, I find the mental politics on ATS boring as hell.

But the fact that you agree with my statement that the use of rape as a political pawn is disgusting, I'll take it as a win.

I can feel you squirming for here.

edit on 22-3-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   

More studies:
Study 1
Study 2

The one regarding illegal immigrants proves that illegal immigrants are less likely to be incarcerated than the native born population. Either way, none of this is an argument for sanctuary cities, nor an argument for why a city should not enforce the country's law.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Not what I asked,

"Build a wall"

So shouting ineffective rhetoric at them is going to stop them from crossing the border?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Disgusting using Rape and violence against women to push a political stance.

I'd be delighted if you all used this this faux outrage towards protecting your neighbor, daughter, friend, co worker form Americans, you see 1 of 6 in their lifetime are raped or attempted rape in the united states.

Violence against women is an everyday day American cultural issue that deserves your attention yes I will applaud your voicing concerns towards the epidemic already present in the united states. But when you use rape as a political pawn you really have stooped about as low as anyone can go.

I just can't believe what I read here sometimes.

Pathetic
Disgusting
VIle

So your view is to let more rapists and killers IN? I didn't hear people screaming how disgusting it was when every mass shooting was used to push gun laws because they were using the victims to push an agenda...

Pathetic vile and disgusting is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

The political issue is the illegal immigrant part, and it is equally vile, pathetic and disgusting to turn away from it.

I don't care what you think on immigration, I find the mental political shlt on ATS boring as hell.

But the fact that you agree with my statement that the use of rape as a political pawn is disgusting, I'll take it as a win.

I can feel you squirming for here.

That's where you're wrong. It is an egregious crime committed by illegal immigrants that might have not occurred had the city enforced federal law. It would be the same for any despicable act.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Not what I asked,

"Build a wall"

So shouting ineffective rhetoric at them is going to stop them from crossing the border?

No. But a big wall in their way will.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'll keep going then. It's not like there isn't plenty of evidence that makes all this anti-immigrant rhetoric look silly or anything.
No Evidence Sanctuary Cities ‘Breed Crime’
Sanctuary Cities Have Lower Crime Rates

Study 3

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

a reply to: theantediluvian These violent criminals would not have crimes had the local authorities not been prevented from enforcing the law, specifically immigration law. That is the point. It really is so simple, one does not even need to be a first year law student to understand it.

I understood the argument just fine. After all, this sort of political fearmongering is generally intended to be simple enough that any 'ol moron can understand, right?

The problem is that it's a stupid argument, a base appeal to emotion that requires irrational thinking to accept as valid.

If the rapists had been Muslim, it would have been construed as evidence of how rape-y Muslims are. If the rapists had been black, there'd be some jackass blathering about #BLM, Chicago, the "criminality of blacks" (and how we're "not allowed to talk about it") and if we were super lucky, some crap about Obama and "if he had a son."

Let's not ignore the obvious here.

"The point" of this fearmongering is to foster the impression that illegal immigrants are more likely to be violent criminals who will rape our innocent native born daughters. Never mind that the statistics don't bear that out. Never mind that the legal status of the perpetrators had absolutely nothing to do with the crime they are accused of committing. This isn't about reasoned thought, it's about primal fear and manipulation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Question: Do you consider a parent stealing a loaf of bread to feed his starving child to be wrong?

Wait..what? Sure, on paper it is wrong. How exactly are the illegals comparable here? The rape/loaf of bread/illegal immigrant spin here is mind boggling.

Most illegals cross the border looking for better economic opportunities for them and their families. It's a very comparable situation. Keep in mind that you pointed out that crossing the border is the crime that these people are all basically guilty of. So I am questioning the severity of this crime. Not the rape in the OP.

I didn't realize our laws are open to interpretation by the individual committing the crime.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Not what I asked,

"Build a wall"

No. But a big wall in their way will.

Lol. A wall couldn't even stop the Mongols 800 years ago. What makes you think it will work now?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join