It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape focuses critical attention on Dems 'sanctuary' states - Maryland

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
It has already been determined that the illegal crime rate is not reported and for a simple reason...they are illegal and don't want to be caught. My 10% number is based on them going through the system and finding that they have a record.

That doesn't mean we cannot approximate these numbers. We certainly have the technology and ability to do it, and our approximations only get better with time.

If we roll with your determination then that would mean even MORE criminals exist as an illegal isn't going to turn themselves in for a crime they were involved in. It is similar to the "I scratch your back" policy of criminals....if one tells on another then the whole neighborhood disappears.

I can't imagine that there are very many citizens that will be turning themselves in for crimes they committed either. And even when it comes to reporting on your neighbors, ghettos prove that locals don't trust the police and they are all citizens too. Not reporting to the police is a trust issue; one that I admit is being exacerbated by hard line immigrant rhetoric. But it isn't contained to with JUST immigrants. Poor people in general don't trust the police.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: RickyD

I hope you know that this country was founded on bucking authority.

but not on anarchy and letting outsiders push us around which is exactly what illegals are. outsiders pushing normal citizens around.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I'd like to know when the last time you got pushed around by an illegal.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unjust abusive and corrupt authority...Do you mean to tell me immigrating legally isn't safer for all then just letting everyone do things however they wish?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Unjust abusive and corrupt authority...Do you mean to tell me immigrating legally isn't safer for all then just letting everyone do things however they wish?

Considering that many illegals are fleeing a TERRIBLE situation for them and their families I don't have a problem keeping them here; mostly because I understand with our excess of resources we can afford to keep them. I wouldn't recommend you enter the country illegally, but I can sympathize why. In FACT, I consider our immigration laws to be riddled with corruption. We clearly have no desire to reform legal immigration, which remains a nightmare to navigate (not to mention is only open to the rich). AND they aren't doing anything they wish. They are still beholden tot he same laws we are, PLUS they have to stay under cover so they don't get caught. So they are probably doing less than a regular American would be doing.

If you want to reduce illegal immigration, then you need to pitch a solution that will stop them WANTING to come to our country. Maybe try fixing their country. Make it so legal immigration is easier. These are all suggestions that are WAY more humane than shutting the door in these people's face just because you don't like the way they entered the country.

I'm sorry that I care about humanity over money and pride, but that's just the way I am.
edit on 22-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Bar in darlington about 2 yrs ago. he was hitting on my best friend and he thought he could intimidate me by pushing me down onto the floor. I got back up and used my pool stick on him until he stopped moving. The dude was deported afterwards by ICE a week later.

Point being he pushed the wrong person and got what he deserved.

Oh and if you care so much more about them than money or even the law go live with them then. If you break th elaw you deserve to be punished. Oh boo hoo im from a war torn country... SCrew you. SHould had prevented it then.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: added ire

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

One time within the last 2 years you had a run in with a dick at a bar? I'm not exactly falling over myself in concern here. Drunks acting like assholes in a bar comes with the territory. The fact that he was illegal doesn't make it any more special. Drunken assholeism isn't bounded by racial barriers.

Oh and if you care so much more about them than money or even the law go live with them then. If you break th elaw you deserve to be punished. Oh boo hoo im from a war torn country... SCrew you. SHould had prevented it then.

I've lived in Baltimore since the turn of the century. I've had PLENTY of interactions and been around PLENTY of illegals. Also, you cannot blame these people for wars in their home country any more than I can blame you for the war in Iraq. That is foolish.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Funny enough most of the legal immigrants I know generally look down on and dislike the illegal immigrants just as much as most people who complain about them and were born here do. So it's not like its just American born and raised are the only ones with a problem...Seems most logically sound people have issue with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Well you are just on a roll today...No it's not just open to the rich or well off...In fact many many people do immagrate legally. I take ubers almost every day and have met countless immagrants who work as drivers. People from all over including those countries on Trump's ban list. If they were rich why don't hey have nice cars and why do they drive Uber for 12-14hrs a day. In fact I met a girl who as a police officer in Columbia who came with political asylum due to her not being safe in Columbia. So again you are wrong and generalizing people falsely

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You do realize that the definition of "rich" to Americans is VASTLY different than what "rich" looks like to the rest of the world right? The point is that immigration is expensive and prohibitive. Many immigrants are actually here on work visas too.

I know very well how it works because my co-worker and buddy here at my job is a Chinese guy currently going through the legal immigration process and tells me all the time the headaches he endures. He's currently talking about immigrating to Canada and just coming here on a Canadian visa. THAT'S how fed up he is with our legal process.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I suggest they do something about the situation in their country then...Why is it our burden to take care of everyone everywhere who let their country get so bad? It's a very last solution to just leave and if so many are leaving rather than trying to make it better what does that say about the type of people we are letting in here...Will they do nothing to make America better and just use us to help them kinda like the reason they left their country? Even then if they do things legally and want to come here and integrate and help make this country better then I'm all for it. But to do so illegally already casts them negatively as now they are people who wouldn't stay and make their country better as well as showing they lack care for rule of law. Keep in mind the countries a lot of them come from are usually half a step from lawless anyway. When coming in legally you have to go through cultural classes to learn how we do things here...When you sneak in you don't get any classes or lessons on how to behave here...Not that most of those people really care much for the rule of law anyway...Because that's how they were raised in their countries.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

It has already been determined that the illegal crime rate is not reported and for a simple reason...they are illegal and don't want to be caught. My 10% number is based on them going through the system and finding that they have a record.

That doesn't mean we cannot approximate these numbers. We certainly have the technology and ability to do it, and our approximations only get better with time.

If we roll with your determination then that would mean even MORE criminals exist as an illegal isn't going to turn themselves in for a crime they were involved in. It is similar to the "I scratch your back" policy of criminals....if one tells on another then the whole neighborhood disappears.

I can't imagine that there are very many citizens that will be turning themselves in for crimes they committed either. And even when it comes to reporting on your neighbors, ghettos prove that locals don't trust the police and they are all citizens too. Not reporting to the police is a trust issue; one that I admit is being exacerbated by hard line immigrant rhetoric. But it isn't contained to with JUST immigrants. Poor people in general don't trust the police.

My numbers from ICE weren't approximated....they were exact.

Sure no citizens would be turning themselves in, but if you and I both committed crimes and I had the knowledge of yours as you did mine, we are less likely to turn the other one in because the other one would have the ability to intimate that knowledge to the police to screw the one not turned in.

The hardline immigrant rhetoric is not new. It is a known fact in the communities that they do not turn others in....just like I said earlier, it is the same in the criminal world....imagine that, criminals and illegal immigrants have a common thread. Same with ghettos...you don't "rat".

Why would it be a trust issue anyways? Trust is built typically by telling the truth, illegals immigrants start out on the wrong foot by not being able to tell the truth. I would say the trust issue lays with their being here illegally in the first place.

And as far as your "Poor People in general don't trust the police" comment...WOW. Are you inferring that poor people have criminal tendencies or just that poor people have more interaction with the police in general? Can't believe YOU are labeling folks now...so immigrant = (poor + distrusting + criminal + ghetto)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So he wants to go to a country that it is harder to get into then try to come here because he thinks it will be easier lol...Wish him luck from me

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I know I am wasting my time trying to "win" him over...But I do realize that a whole lot more people read threads than post in them...I would hate for others to get the idea that his views make any sense or are right in belief. Plus I do enjoy watching someone squirm through a poor argument.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Why? Because it's the goddamn right thing to do!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'd say when they were given healthcare rights and the ability to use my tax money to get reimbursement for their kids being born....you know...the ACTC....$4+Billion for having a kid that jumped from $500Million to $4.2Billion in 4 years....that's kinda pushy.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So he wants to go to a country that it is harder to get into then try to come here because he thinks it will be easier lol...Wish him luck from me

Apparently he is convinced it is now easier to immigrate into Canada than the US. He's been trying to immigrate here with his family for over a decade now.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

My numbers from ICE weren't approximated....they were exact.

That doesn't make the numbers credible with what you are trying to prove. If 100% of the fruit I eat are strawberries that doesn't mean that all fruit are strawberries even though my statistic is exact.

Sure no citizens would be turning themselves in, but if you and I both committed crimes and I had the knowledge of yours as you did mine, we are less likely to turn the other one in because the other one would have the ability to intimate that knowledge to the police to screw the one not turned in.

The hardline immigrant rhetoric is not new. It is a known fact in the communities that they do not turn others in....just like I said earlier, it is the same in the criminal world....imagine that, criminals and illegal immigrants have a common thread. Same with ghettos...you don't "rat".

Why would it be a trust issue anyways? Trust is built typically by telling the truth, illegals immigrants start out on the wrong foot by not being able to tell the truth. I would say the trust issue lays with their being here illegally in the first place.

And as far as your "Poor People in general don't trust the police" comment...WOW. Are you inferring that poor people have criminal tendencies or just that poor people have more interaction with the police in general? Can't believe YOU are labeling folks now...so immigrant = (poor + distrusting + criminal + ghetto)

It has to do with the fact that criminalizing vices and victimless crimes (like border hopping) is scientifically proven to breed contempt for the police as well as create a rise in organized crime. This was proven in the 30's with Prohibition, by the way.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'd say when they were given healthcare rights and the ability to use my tax money to get reimbursement for their kids being born....you know...the ACTC....$4+Billion for having a kid that jumped from $500Million to $4.2Billion in 4 years....that's kinda pushy.

Good thing that isn't a problem and illegals actually pay more in taxes than take out in welfare. Source

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Considering that many illegals are fleeing a TERRIBLE situation for them and their families I don't have a problem keeping them here; mostly because I understand with our excess of resources we can afford to keep them. I wouldn't recommend you enter the country illegally, but I can sympathize why. In FACT, I consider our immigration laws to be riddled with corruption. We clearly have no desire to reform legal immigration, which remains a nightmare to navigate (not to mention is only open to the rich). AND they aren't doing anything they wish. They are still beholden tot he same laws we are, PLUS they have to stay under cover so they don't get caught. So they are probably doing less than a regular American would be doing.

If you want to reduce illegal immigration, then you need to pitch a solution that will stop them WANTING to come to our country. Maybe try fixing their country. Make it so legal immigration is easier. These are all suggestions that are WAY more humane than shutting the door in these people's face just because you don't like the way they entered the country.

I'm sorry that I care about humanity over money and pride, but that's just the way I am.

Just wondering, but what type of "TERRIBLE" situation in Mexico or South America caused 12 million immigrants to leave? I mean I understand with other country's immigrants that are getting bombed daily and war breaking out all the time, but I can't remember the last time I saw anything TERRIBLE happen in any Mexican or South American territory....literally nothing comes to mind.

Is it poverty? Well damn...why aren't the 800 Million Sub-Saharan Africans living on $1.25 a day burning paths into Europe? I mean they dwarf the South American/Mexico population by double and are still barely even close to making up the numbers we have in the US.

I would say THEIR situation is MUCH more terrible than Mexico....

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join