It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - In Your Opinion - Has U.S. Intelligence Advanced Sufficiently Since WWII?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The U.S. invests Billions of Dollars every year in the Intelligence gathering agencies of the CIA, NSA, FBI, and at least 14 others.

But all we hear of is "surveillance". It's been that way since before World War II. The tools, techniques and targets have changed and evolved, but the end product seems to always be nothing more than..Surveillance.

After so many years, and so much money, shouldn't our intelligence agencies be to the point where they can get a bad mushroom into North Korea Kim Jung's dinner...and avoid potentially millions of casualties? Or, crack a terrorist's cell-phone, without asking for AT&T's help? I remember George Bush expressing frustration because we couldn't ascertain if Saddam Hussein (Iraq) had weapons of mass destruction.

At one point, the agencies' had brilliant scientists working for/with them. After developing Atomic Bombs, did the scientists feel guilty, and stop helping?

What do you think, my ATS colleagues.. Has U.S. Intelligence advanced sufficiently, in your opinion?

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If by intelligence you mean lies, crimes, and propaganda i'd say yes

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
If by intelligence you mean lies, crimes, and propaganda i'd say yes

Don't forget drug smuggling and arms to terrorists

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry to be rude but,
That is almost one of the dumbest questions I have ever heard.

Have you been living in a cave or something?

To answer your question, yes, US intelligence has significantly evolved since WWII.

Who do you think gave us smart phones and personal computers ?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Intel is about secrets, keeping them and digging out others. Due to the advancement of electronics into the digital and satellite age, the State of Secrets is better equipped than ever.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
We couldnt stop 20 saudis from hittin the towers. So id say intelligence isnt very good. Just a common sense approach of answering the op question.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Intel is about secrets, keeping them and digging out others. Due to the advancement of electronics into the digital and satellite age, the State of Secrets is better equipped than ever.
Except when we lose $100 Billion of weaponized source code and stuffs. That's like a step backwards at least ain't it?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
We couldnt stop 20 saudis from hittin the towers. So id say intelligence isnt very good. Just a common sense approach of answering the op question.

Depends on whether you consider 911 to be a false flag intentionally carried to start the current cycle of endless war.

Do some reading up on the Gulf of Tonkin Incident and the burning of the German Reichstag.
edit on 17-3-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: intrptr

Except when we lose $100 Billion of weaponized source code and stuffs. That's like a step backwards at least ain't it?

The other side is just as advanced. Its a war of attrition, move and counter move.

Edit to add: How do you know that 'stolen data' wasn't planted by counter intelligence?

Ever see The Falcon and the Snowman? Of course you have...

edit on 17-3-2017 by intrptr because: ETA:

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I believe it has. However, what can be said when the FBI couldn't crack the San Bernardino Terrorist's phone, they had to hire someone to do it-Apple wouldn't and they won't disclose on it. Something isn't right there. Also, it has taken a lot of invasive directions. That likely instead of the alphabet spy agencies actually doing something outside of raising revenue sources.

Sources:
Won't disclose
Lawsuit for info

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I believe it has. However, what can be said when the FBI couldn't crack the San Bernardino Terrorist's phone, they had to hire someone to do it-Apple wouldn't and they won't disclose on it. Something isn't right there. Also, it has taken a lot of invasive directions. That likely instead of the alphabet spy agencies actually doing something outside of raising revenue sources.

Sources:
Won't disclose
Lawsuit for info

That encryption was so good, it would be like uncovering a million bitcoins to crack it. It was not hacked but must have been an Apple insider involved in the encryption. IMO.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Seems to me the brainy people should of had this all figured out by now.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ahh, but the brain washing continues.........

The star of the Good Shepard is named Edward Wilson

The real Edwin Wilson

en.wikipedia.org...

Buck

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh it's waaaay more than just. It's advanced techniques, methods, devices, procedures, constant and completely intense storage and dissection of all of it.

Hell. We used remote viewing in the 80's with locating the American hostages in Iran while they kept moving them around. We've advanced so far since WWII.... we can only imagine how far along gathering has come.....

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Shoot, they are their own entity, above the law and out of reach of authority.

They can hack you, take your money and make you disappear. Actually anybody can do that nowadays.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Seems to me the brainy people should of had this all figured out by now.

That's the jist of why I started this thread. After more than 60 years and $1 Trillion dollars, the Intelligence agencies should be far far FAR beyond mere "surveillance".

top topics

join