It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FireFox Says ATS Connection not Encrypted and not Secured.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

What does it cost to use Let’s Encrypt? Is it really free?
We do not charge a fee for our certificates. Let’s Encrypt is a nonprofit, our mission is to create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web by promoting the widespread adoption of HTTPS. Our services are free and easy to use so that every website can deploy HTTPS.
We require support from generous sponsors, grantmakers, and individuals in order to provide our services for free across the globe. If you’re interested in supporting us please consider donating or becoming a sponsor. In some cases, integrators (e.g. hosting providers) will charge a nominal fee that reflects the administrative and management costs they incur to provide Let’s Encrypt certificates.
a reply to: EightAhoy

letsencrypt.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 3ncrypt0Rdie

it really does not matter. There are disclosed and undisclosed reason to them not using secure encryption.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Just don't use the same password you use for your bank account to or other sensitive logins here as your passwords could be submitted in plain text. Any encryption attempted client side (i.e _javascript ) is laughably easy to defeat.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lions and tigers and bears, oh MY.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

People are reporting it on chrome too...but I never thought the site was encrypted before. Is that new? What does that even mean exactly?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's FireFox...

So, I'll be the one to say (ask) it... Why the statement "I'it's Firefox" ?

A lot of us use it over Chrome or IE. What's the reason behind your not so obvious call out agaiainst Firefox and what would you suggest for those who want a more secure browser?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Browsers have been making changes in recent months to how they identify and report insecure web sites.
They will now give a more obvious warning, rather than users needing to go out of their way to see if it is secure.

They also eliminated support for SHA1.

Google is giving sites with SSL a boost in their search results.

There are many reasons why a site should use SSL.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: Springer

It's FireFox...

So, I'll be the one to say (ask) it... Why the statement "I'it's Firefox" ?

A lot of us use it over Chrome or IE. What's the reason behind your not so obvious call out agaiainst Firefox and what would you suggest for those who want a more secure browser?

This must be something that excludes the mobile platform...I don't use Firefox personally because I lack the patience to deal with it, but I guess I should log on the laptop so I can see what everyone is talking about. Mobile login has not given any warnings so it must only be via a computer.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I use Firefox almost exclusively. From iOS to Windows 10. So if Springer and the owners of ATS have a reason to call them out, I'm surely interested and they have my full attention.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

I agree.Every single move you make on the net is logged and spied on anyway thanks to the NSA so type what what you want,or stay off the net.Well that's how i see it anyway.You can't spend your life hiding and censoring every sentence or phrase out of fear of the alphabets.If it bothers one that much just stay off the net.Just make sure you have exclusive passwords for your financial+banking stuff.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I had the problem on ATS and three other sites.

I rolled back my computer three days and the problem went away.

It was the firefox update that cause this problem.

It did not happen on internet explorer , duckduckgo. yahoo, bing,

This left firefox update as the problem so i did the roll back.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

No, we've never used HTTPS.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I wasn't "calling FireFox out" necessarily, it's just that FF has always been wonky with ATS especially after one of their mega updates. I quit using it for ATS years ago and haven't had (m)any issues since.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
I had the problem on ATS and three other sites.

I rolled back my computer three days and the problem went away.

It was the firefox update that cause this problem.

It did not happen on internet explorer , duckduckgo. yahoo, bing,

This left firefox update as the problem so i did the roll back.

it's like sticking your head in the sand in case of danger.

the warning is there for a reason. throwing away reasonable warning and future security patches, because you can't be bothered to be reminded that ATS isn't using a secure connection? that's silly.

it's not firefox to blame. it's ATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Understood. Thanks for the clarification!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Everyone's thoughts are very valuable. Your search and reading patterns determine what kind of mind set you have and allow for proper IC tasking.

HTTPS would only be a start.
This would simply make it more difficult for an adversary to intercept or view your traffic. Its is not Acceptable; to not have BASIC security in place for your users. It is a duty as a good Internet presence to have security measures in place to protect your users information and traffic as they generate it and receive it.

Simple as that! There is no argument not having a secure line to the ATS main servers, this is a very big fail in the implementation of the ATS platform

Make no mistake ATS is an incredible jewel of information for the world, but right now it is a haven for government profiling and passing of potential malware to computers via (well know) advertisement networks.

All this in the name of having profits for the owners, I sure hope not.

Strip down some of the heavy scripts and implement x509, please we need a secure platform to communicate on!

ATS is a great resource lets make it even greater

also noticed a thread about ads from this morning seems to be gone? (so you want me to turn off ad blocking) from another user.

3NCRYPT0RD1E

edit on 17-3-2017 by 3ncrypt0Rdie because: P.S. I know this is all easier said than done.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Seems to me you are working for a encyption company and are trying to get ATS to use the service you would so helpfully reccommend right?

SOrry but ATS is fine as is.(hopefully) If you are so worried about security get a VPN and bounce your IP all over the net.
As for Firefox..there is a way to disable the security warning if you just search for it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The truth is man, Springer blew his retirement money in Vegas, and his wife confiscated the web security budget to balance the books

How could you man.... learn to roulette the right way

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Seems to me that you may need another dubbie; im likely the guy running your operation, lol just kidding.

I am an American who is trying to make a difference no money involved in any of my post. so far a waste of time actually.

do you have something interesting to add to this conversation?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ya..BUT..there are not enough other sites for even half intelligent talk - anywhere else on the net..

Unless we make it so

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join