It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Denounced As Racist For Wearing US Flag Colors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Red, White and Blue can be symbol of sincere love for this country. But on the darker side, wearing red white and blue, depending on the context can mean extreme nativism and an aversion to those who are not of your stock i.e brown people.

But you guys already know this so why am I explaining it?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Count the stars . duh

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

eta: the Tasmanian flag should be in the pile as well, don't see it

Although many might think otherwise Tassie is a part of Australia . Mind you if they had a flag i suspect it may have two heads on it somewhere .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I saw this story yesterday and thought it was rediculous.
The most rediculous part of the story was the apology from the "offending" school.
They should start a new tradition of wearing patriotic gear every time they play that team.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh enough , its ridiculous . From google .Did you mean: ridiculous.

Does anyone on here have spell checker .
Yes first world problems .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Red, White and Blue can be symbol of sincere love for this country. But on the darker side, wearing red white and blue, depending on the context can mean extreme nativism and an aversion to those who are not of your stock i.e brown people.

But you guys already know this so why am I explaining it?

wait, what? I'm afraid I will need you to explain it anyway.
Red, white, and blue are racist colors?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I'm in 2 minds about this - I can understand that the refugees may be upset, especially if they come from a war torn country where America has been involved...as the coach said.....their normal colours were black & orange

Valley students had chosen to wear red, white and blue instead of their school colors black and orange. "Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking," said Wheat.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah that's the context I'm getting as well

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I am totally lost. How is this deemed bad? Or racist?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Whats the difference?
Can't you count the stars...Lol...the Stars in the ozzie flag represent the number of States we have, If you're American I
understand,

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

eta: the Tasmanian flag should be in the pile as well, don't see it

hahaha...were you looking at an atlas/map where they dropped off Tasmania in the 80's?

Omission of Tasmania from maps of Australia
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

WE all have our State flags, Tasmania has a red passant lion. W.A. has the black swan

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Ha ha , this map while being of the correct orientation in my opinion lost a whole continent .

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Im sorry USAian people, but if you dont stand up Now....Like the Trumpster...then you are all doomed.

It may be pertinent for the Complaining school to remember........

That the Fricken HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS have Worn Red White and Blue USA Uniforms for 50 Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they are the most Known Basketball team in the World.....and ambassadors for their country.

For course......teachers these days don't know history, nor can they read........but they know colours.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The apology letter:

"Welcome to America. We win. Sorry not Sorry. Not racist. Sorry. Sorry that you need geography lessons because you don't know where you even are. Sorry. But really. Not sorry.

- the American Team

P.S. - We realize our flag represents the U.S.A. specifically, but usually we just say, 'America'. Not sorry for that, either."
edit on 3/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Whats the difference?
Can't you count the stars...Lol...the Stars in the ozzie flag represent the number of States we have, If you're American I
understand,

I would have expected you would have got it from my post that I am not

American but British.

As for counting the stars, it is a bit ambiguous .... I can see four and what

could be half a star, and one double the size of the other stars, so what

am I supposed to make of that ..... Six unequal states

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I hope every opposing team and their fans are maxed out in USA gear and the star spangled banner is played on repeat for every game they play forever.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Man thus is crazy. Now we can't even be patriotic without having to apologize for offending some a$$ hole that thinks we shouldn't be able to fly our own country's flag. The flag of the country that just allowed you in because you were unable to stay in your country because of what ever reason, and is giving you a chance at a better life but you are going to come in and start making waves and stirring up bs. If you don't like it then there are a mess of other countries out there go to one of them.

It is so shameful that our children are being forced to apologize for showing love for the colors that there grandparents, parents and all fought and died to defend.

Get out! This is AMERICA. You come here then you except that. Stop trying to force your country's ideology down our throats. And definitely by all means you have a problem with me and my family flying our flag. Bring it on. I'll paint my entire truck to look like a flag. And I'll use anyone who starts on me for doing so or threatens my family for doing so as a mother $%&-@+# hood ordament. This is getting stupid. These freaking people have to fall in line and follow Americas laws, get out, or die. And most of us are so tired of this constant bs, that we really don't give a flying $%&+ which.

Leave our flag alone before you become burried under it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh enough , its ridiculous . From google .Did you mean: ridiculous.

Does anyone on here have spell checker .
Yes first world problems .

Usually spell checker changes it to some other stupid word....lol
Oops, sorry if you were offended.

And you forgot the question mark. Punctuation is just as important as spelling don't ya think?
edit on 15-3-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Eta

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

My point exactly. They come over here to find a peaceful life away from the crap in there country. We allow them in. And in return they treat us like crap because we are patriotic in our country. What is next , are we going to cancel independents day and all other American holiday so these mother's will shut up. NO! Hell No! When do the american people say enough is enough. You don't like our country. You don't like our patriotism. Then get the ever loving F@&& out and don't come back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join