It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Denounced As Racist For Wearing US Flag Colors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

Hey you stole Gramblers avatar pic...you Fake News

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Valley students had chosen to wear red, white and blue... ..."Any normal person, any educated person can look at that and think what the hell are these kids thinking," said Wheat.

If you hate America so much that you can't stand to see our flag's colors, GET THE **** OUT!

Actually they are displaying the flag colors inappropriately.

The flag should not be used as part of a costume or athletic uniform, except that a flag patch may be used on the uniform of military personnel, fireman, policeman and members of patriotic organizations

www.usflag.org...

So while they may have been denounced as racist by some, I would denounce them for the way they are displaying the flag that represents my country.

edit on 15-3-2017 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why not? You knew someone was going to sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I've used it for 6 years in my defense.... And it's slightly different...

Clearly, great minds think alike....;-)

PA

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Well even the Japanese experienced the same issues with refugees:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If people are being called racist for wearing the red white and blue in this country, then it may be time to just own racism, and accept it as a natural part of life.

I wear the red white and blue, and if that makes me a racist, well damn ... then I guess I am a racist.

So be it. I will own that kind of racism. I am not going to stop wearing my national colors, just because it is not politically correct.

In that context, and by that definition of racism, I am certainly no longer even inclined to believe racism is bad.

How else should we react?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
So let me get this straight .....some refugee students complained about others wearing the American flag colors ...the colors of a flag that the refugees are suppose to be embracing as as their new home and country ? Then they need to go back to their previous country and embrace that . ..and take the teachers who made the students write an apology with them ! ..Get out and don't come back !

But that's the problem with many refugees--they're here for asylum, not for assimilation. Most legal immigrants are here because they want to embrace and become an additional spoke on America's wheel, but many refugees, once here, want to continue living the way that they used to (laws, customs, etc.), just without the constant threat of attack like in their home countries.

In doing so, they are easily offended and often overly boisterous about it (and ungratefully, I might add).

But I'm with you on the administrators who had them write a letter of apology--that's just asinine to the Nth degree, and those students should not have been made to do that. In fact, it should be the other way around, and the refugees who may have led the complaints should be writing the letter to the other students.

Our current social climate can be so effing backwards sometimes.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad
Tell the idiots calling people racist for wearing national colors to f**k off.

That's how I'd react, anyhow.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

depending on the context can mean extreme nativism and an aversion to those who are not of your stock i.e brown people.

Yeah I am sure that is why a group of Highschool students decided to wear the colors........

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DarkStarRising

Hey i just offered up a reason as to why people may seem to perceive it that way.

I did not say i completely agreed with said reason.

End of the day through building big nonsensical walls and banning people of particular religious orientation from entering in to the country is hardly synonymous with those very same freedoms your grandparents fought and died to protect.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that people from all over the world fought and died to protect freedom.

Point of fact many of those same heroes would be spinning in there graves if they could see how our politicians, bankers and mass media institutions have perverted those freedoms to suit there own agenda over the years.

Problem is That the people you talk about from all over the world that fought for our freedom did so because they loved and enjoyed our country they didn't detest it and want to turn it into the #hol;e that they came from.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

They could be British?? Or French!!!

What idiocy!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i would have ripped the letter to pieces in front of everyone at that school and told them to f off just to spite them, honestly what is this nonsense?

the west is getting too soft and needs to stop or we will really be destroyed in less than 100 years, westerners have forgotten what made us powerful and why we are on top, the world is still about the law of the jungle even if it doesn't seem that way to us on the surface.

we are the minority and most of the world does not like us because what we did in the past and even more recently, only our power is keeping things from getting bad for us and this pc nonsense will put us in danger if it keeps gaining control over our actions like this. we are asking for trouble if we keep bending for other people and cultures like this and don't enforce our ways onto those who live in our countries.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I am so sick of this PC...but at the same time I get bored when I read that every grandparent and parent, cousin and sister brother great uncle fought and died for the flag. If that was happening where did the next generation come from

...aghh logic is a dirty word.
(emphasis is mine)

Maybe you should ask your Australian elders about that. I love the stories my elders tell, especially WWII vets. From what I gather Australian women welcomed US soldiers with open legs LOL. Women from many nations nurtured generations of Americans, we're the melting pot.

Here's an interesting read. Americans in Australia

When you pledge allegiance to our nation/flag, you become one of us. Our flag/colors/rights/privileges belong equally to us all. It's a package deal and if any of it offends you, you probably shouldn't be here.

It's absolutely ok to show support for our great nation. Anyone living here who is offended by patriotic displays has chosen, for whatever reason, to set themselves apart. I'm afraid it's going to be a tough road, they're going to be offended a lot.

In my family we're Americans first and foremost. I'm Native, Mexican American, as a child I played both sides of cowboys/Indians, war too and no one got offended. At the end of the day we're all Americans and that should be the priority, what matters most.

At least that's how I've always felt about it. My naturalized father-in-law served with the Serbian Army in WWII, spent most of it in a German POW camp. He was the most patriotic man I've known, he loved this country and was every bit as American as I, if not more.

Instead of being offended, why not pick up an American flag, give it a wave back? We're free to ignore patriotic displays if we think it's silly, nonsense but demanding special protections from it is, imo, an outrage.

Maybe these people should just stay home/inside because in some neighborhoods we're actually allowed to fly the flag. When your looking for offense, it's funny how it seems to just pop up everywhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I'm not trying to be racist. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm not even saying we don't want them here. I am saying if you want to become an American citizen and live in United States then you need to do it the right way. And come through Ellis island or the equivalent of such today the way our ancestors did when they came. seriously. If you just illegally crossed a border and come in to make waves. Then you need to go. If you come in our country ridiculing our service men and women our children or our flag then get out we don't want you here. Our country is already screwed up enough without that bs. We are not racist we are patriotic. We salute and remove our hats and stand for the national anthem. We salute our flag and fly it proudly. And if we want to dress in our nations colors then who are you to tell us we can't. We don't come to your house and tell you how to decorate so why do you feel you have the right to tell us how to decorate ours. Our parents and grandparents all the way back to the revolution have fought and died to protect our freedoms. The very freedom you all are using to make out we are all racist because of our flag. They died for your freaking right to spout such nonsense as this. For your right to become a citizen here. So grow up and realize you are not the center of the universe and that just because we let you come stay here as refugees doesn't mean you have any right to change any of that.

Now if your a legal citizen then do it through the right channels and if the american people agree that it is something that needs change then we will all vote on it. That is what democracy is. Don't come in here and get butt hurt cause we won't cater to your every freaking whim. Don't come in here disrespecting our flag or us for how we show our patriotism. If you do then you should be deported. With all haste and sent back to the country that you are running from in the first place. This country is red white and blue through and through and if you don't like it then go home and see how long you last with your stupidity.

Leave our kids alone.
Leave our flag alone. Or when the # does hit the fan we will bury you under that self same flag. We are Americans. We always have been and until our dying breath we always will be. DEATH before DISHONOR. My flags flying high. Is yours?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

If some whine about US colors and the others whine about that whining, Trump and the surrounding billionairs and militarists, that for sure are only there to protect the left behind and because of that concerned and enraged not rich rightwingers, wasn´t even enough for the former USA.

This is an example of how the rich get away with it. The manufactued idea of "right or left".

Theres a reason that most recent presidents shared the same donors.

There's also a reason Bill and Hillary Clinton are worth almost half a billion dollars from a career in being" public servants" Haha, I just spit up my coffee from saying that.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LOl, nice, this was my school.

Word from back home, is this had nothing to do with colors on a shirt.

The kids were yelling "send them back, build a wall!"
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: correctio0n

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Once again it shows that Democrates do not know the difference between racism and nationalism.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

I think they may have just been fighting for freedom in general never mind there own survival most having never set foot in the USA.

We cannot go around tarring everyone with the same brush.

Down that road lies injustice on rather a grandesque scale.

Why would these people wish to turn the nation into a "#hol;e"? I imagine most of them are simply seeking a better life keeping in mind not everyone supports fundamentalist movements no matter there religious orientation.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ha. Go to a European football game if you wanna find some racism.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
LOl, nice, this was my school.

Word from back home, is this had nothing to do with colors on a shirt.

The kids were yelling "send them back, build a wall!"

They got video of that? if not they are most likely lying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join