It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What a boom, a few temporary jobs added during the building at home boom, and whatever else they fudged to reflect the 'new era under Trump'.

The Stock market is up too, only the rich realize any gain from that. Trump promised an increase to import tariffs, and less of a tax dodge for companies overseas, my guess is they are bolstering their assets at home on a temporary basis to see how that threat scenario plays out.

Sort of playing along, for now.

edit on 9-3-2017 by intrptr because: pic

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

you think the economy was healthy???

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Great numbers and even funnier seeing the usual suspects scrambling to explain them away. Now, I wonder would they also have been explaining away the numbers if they had fallen...? Oh, I am sure they would... after all, they are objective and all.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nobody is scrambling, We're trying to keep the discussion honest.

Is there a problem with that?

edit on 9-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Nobody is scrambling, we are trying to keep the discussion honest.

Honest? Great.
So an excellent start for President Trump then.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

The economy is largely based on feelings and emotion.

With Trump I think there has been a positive shift.

So just your opinion.
No the numbers support it. People are feeling more optimistic because we no longer have a capitalist hating Marxist wealth redistribution now the House!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Nobody is scrambling, we are trying to keep the discussion honest.

Honest? Great.
UK thank you do much for optimistic input. I truly appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Honest? Great.

Well, honestly it is still Obama's budget, right?

So maybe a good start for Trump from a good hand-off from Obama.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

All the wealth redistributionists thought it was better under the Marxist in Chief.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Honest? Great.

Well, honestly it is still Obama's budget, right?

So maybe a good start for Trump from a good hand-off from Obama.
Ummm no if you thought that trillion dollar deficits and insurance premiums being more unaffordable and groceries going up was a sign of a great economy.... ummm no
Jobs in the private sector is a good sign not made up government bureaucratic jobs for insanely oversized government. That was the New Deal all over again.
And no the budget is not a sign of a robust economy it's a sign the government didn't shut down.
edit on 9-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Trump certainly hasn't done anything about deficits and insurance premiums and, while a nice token, that measly number of jobs, compared to the new workers in the job market, doesn't seem that great so, which is it?

ETA:

And no the budget is not a sign of a robust economy it's a sign the government didn't shut down.

Nobody said it was. I said that the gov is still running under Obama's budget. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: seasonal

Wonder how many of these jobs are connected to the boost in the military's budget...
construction ? Ummm no
But manufacturing then so be it for a stronger military. At least it's still in the realm of private contractors.
edit on 9-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
"Looks like new job figures beat economists estimates by more that 100,000, and the unemployment rate fell to 4.7%. "

That's misleading as hell.

They only count new claims and current.

Those who can no longer get UE benefits aren't counted.

And there are a lot of people still out of work.

Sorry, that argument only works when a democrat is president. Now the numbers are true and accurate. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33

What makes you think it wasn't?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's amazing how the unemployment figures suddenly became accurate the second Trump took office. I mean that must be the case otherwise all people heaping praise on Trump would be hypocrites.

I won't deny that Trump may be partially responsible for this growth. Not directly of course. That said he was handed the longest sustained job growth in US history.

I think it's a bit early to be praising or condemning anyone for the state of the economy. I say we'll at least need a year to determine the success or failure of a Trump economy.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I know that, as a small business owner who can't afford to provide insurance for my employees, I will no longer be mandated to do so. That's one example.

Last year, and for three years running, I've had 6 employees kept under 30 hours a week, and this summer we are doubling that to 12. We are in the planning stages of doubling our business in two months. I wouldn't have even considered this ambitious move last year.

LOL!!!!! Unless you had 50+ full-time employees, you were never mandated to provide them health insurance.

Correct you are. Just trying to make a point. In a few years, it would be nice to employ that many. And now that our country is on a new course, I'm pretty optimistic... and Confident!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
It's amazing how the unemployment figures suddenly became accurate the second Trump took office. I mean that must be the case otherwise all people heaping praise on Trump would be hypocrites.

I won't deny that Trump may be partially responsible for this growth. Not directly of course. That said he was handed the longest sustained job growth in US history.

I don't know that anyone is claiming the numbers are accurate now, I know I'm not, but the new statistics show an improvement. So, whether they were off then and off now, they have improved either way. The jobless rate is improving.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

CNN kept claiming that if Trump was elected we would be seeing a negative impact on the global economy..

Bizarre. I am commoner. Former Coast Guard. Not trained in economics. I thought Trump would be good for the US economy simply because he's very good at business, even before he threatened US companies with tariffs for production in Mexico.

I got it right and the economists at CNN got it wrong? Shrug.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

And that's a trend that started under Obama. Not only started but thrived to the point that Obama had the longest sustained period of job growth in US history. But his detractors said the numbers were fudged to make Obama look good.

Now those same people are claiming that job growth numbers under Trump are accurate.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

It's still very early in Trump's term. He hasn't even passed any economic measures. So I'd say it's a bit early to say who was right and who was wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join