It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Trump certainly hasn't done anything about deficits and insurance premiums and, while a nice token, that measly number of jobs, compared to the new workers in the job market, doesn't seem that great so, which is it?

ETA:

And no the budget is not a sign of a robust economy it's a sign the government didn't shut down.

Nobody said it was. I said that the gov is still running under Obama's budget. Nothing more.
Yes you did! You said that Trump was still operating with Obana budget 🙃

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Miracula2

It's still very early in Trump's term. He hasn't even passed any economic measures. So I'd say it's a bit early to say who was right and who was wrong.

Do you mind? I am trying to grand stand here. Move along.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seasonal

Well yeah... This what happens when a President inherits a healthy economy from the previous President. Though I don't see you giving any credit to Obama for the economic layup here.

Nobody believes your revisionist BS unless they are willfully ignorant.

Obama is on record throwing in the towel on the job market and mocking Trump's optimism.

Carrier Corp is still sending 1,100 jobs to Mexico. Those jobs that stay will have er, 'incentives'

Ford will still build the Focus in in Hermosillo, Mexico while Wayne, Michigan will build trucks and SUVs with the same work force as was the plan to keep jobs there anyway.
The big catch is that the new $700million plant at Flat Rock Michigan will be for electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles, a somewhat uncertain way to go currently. So there will be no guarantees for the future of those vehicles, or perhaps even those at Wayne. We don't know if there were any incentives to Ford either, but we can presume not, but you never know.
The Lincoln SUV will still be built at Louisville, Kentucky, but it is low production and doesn't sell very well anyway.
So overall, Ford will not be making any small vehicles at home as Trump complained about in the first place.
Fiat Chrysler, Donald Trump had nothing to do with US jobs.
IBM plans were also in play middle of last year, but are fluid according to market conditions, so there is no hard dibs on the table, plus the fact they had laid off thousands of workers previously.
All the rest appear to be tax incentives, and IBM will certainly be looking for incentives too. So not gains by duffing up firms, (metaphorically speaking of course) Donald is just claiming credits he doesn't deserve other than tax incentives, and that's something the US folks will be paying for anyway.
edit on 9-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Well trump cannot control globalist
Corporations which do not care about the US . Also Obamas mom Stanley Ann worked for the Foed Foundation... hello.....
edit on 9-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Yes you did! You said that Trump was still operating with Obana budget

The gov is running on Obama's budget. Are you saying that it isn't?

Be that as it may, it does not mean and I did not imply that it was an indicator of the health of the US economy.

Sorry if you can't tell the difference.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yes you did! You said that Trump was still operating with Obana budget

The gov is running on Obama's budget. Are you saying that it isn't?

Be that as it may, it does not mean and I did not imply that it was an indicator of the health of the US economy.

Sorry if you can't tell the difference.
Did you
Not imply that Trump cannot take credit for current job growth because our gov is still on Obama budget?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Honest? Great.
So an excellent start for President Trump then.

Well, honestly it is still Obama's budget, right?

So maybe a good start for Trump from a good hand-off from Obama.
. Your post implying that Obama budget is giving Trump better numbers???????

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did you
Not imply that Trump cannot take credit for current job growth because our gov is still on Obama budget?

I don't think either of them can take credit for jobs in the private sector.

Still, I could say that Trump can't take credit all day long and it would never mean that it is an indicator of the health of the economy.

I honestly don't know what you are having a hard time with here.

edit on 9-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So?

The post I originally replied to was asking about another poster's claim that things had been improving over the last 4 years.

Context really does mean something.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Do you think Trump can take credit for the increase in jobs? He hasn't even enacted any kind of economic plan at this point. Could the market be improving partially due to the optimism corporations are feeling because of Trump. Yes. But at the same time he was also handed the longest sustained period of job growth in US history. How much of this current improvement can be explained by the fact that the economy is continuing to improve on its own? My guess is a large portion.

So stop trying to act like Trump is solely responsible for these numbers. They're primarily due to the healthy and growing economy that was handed off to him by Obama.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Did you

Still, I could say that Trump can't take credit all day long and it would never mean that it is an indicator of the health of the economy.

No you just keep
Moving the goalpost every time someone challenges you.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'm not moving anything. I stand by what I posted.

You jumping into the middle of other people's conversations without knowing what is being discussed has no bearing on what I said.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For one thing, LM was going to make planes in India with Obama. LM isn't doing that with Trump.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You're right, to a degree. I believe the way to combat what you describe is with trying to educate them about how the economy actually works. I notice though not a single person (save you) bothered to respond to a single word and are all rabid frothing for 'their side' despite what they are saying/advocating makes no sense as far as employment or the economy goes. Well, one day someone might read the things here and gain insight. You can't fault a person for trying, yes?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

Just checked in the mirror and I have no froth. Might be because I have no side.

Pretty broad brush you are swinging around there.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

In case you didn't know it, tax incentives are a huge driver for business. But bureaucratic regulations are a killer of manufacturing. Trump has already begun rolling back the massive regulations bobo put in. Many are "climate change " oriented which is bogus to start with .

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Did you

Sure they can. Trump giving business incentive has already started the ball rolling.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Obama did not hand off a healthy economy. It's been sustained in spite of Obama. Most job growth has been in government created by huge bureaucracy which causes an increase in need to raise taxes. If you feel that avoiding the crash by Lehman and other banking institutions constitutes a healthy Econ.... I don't know what to say. I know that prices just raised at the grocery pretty recent. That's inflation due to excessive govt spending. That's Keynesian Econ employed by both democrat and republican
The Fed controls the money supply by raising and lowering interest rates. So even if Trump gives business incentive to stay we still
Have the Fed.
edit on 9-3-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So? That has nothing to do with what I said before and anyone can claim credit but you asked for my opinion so that is what you got.
edit on 9-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Trump certainly hasn't done anything about deficits and insurance premiums

And what do you want for only two months in office with Democrats opposing every cabinet confirmation and screaming and yelling and trying to stop every single thing he does?????? Are you for fricking real?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join