It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's first full month in office brings massive employment boom as U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Agreed.Trump did say during his campaign that this number was fake and the real number was around 10%.How he arrived at that number I do not know.They need to start counting those that have left the work force so we can better estimate the true unemployment numbers.And yes I am a Trump supporter.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be fair, the stock market is not a good indicator of the health of the economy--all it indicates in real life is that people are better able to start investing again.

This all-time high in the market has come way too early and increased way too quickly--there will be another burst. It may not be as bad as the one in 2008/2009, but it will happen, and I'm willing to bet that it will be all Trump's fault if it occurs on his watch.

The blame game is ridiculous, as it was Clinton and Bush who cause the 2008 debacle, and another issue during Trump's reign would be because of policies enacted during Obama, and in 8 years it will be because of something Trump did, etc.

IF it's even attributable to a president, it really does take that long to happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Trump is so good he can create jobs by doing nothing, hes so fabulous.

He hasent passed is first budget, and hasent even done anything except singn a few papers, cant wait for the trump tards and there made up reality to explain how trump did this.

Trumptard here checking in... You've already heard dozens of corporations announce they will invest billions in the homeland building new factories rather than overseas, because Trump was elected. I'm sure the same can be said about much smaller corporations and the confidence of millions of small business owners across America to re-invest, start hiring again, etc.

So nothing concrete just some hear say that more jobs mght be coming, is this just like after trump was in office for 2 weeks that the debt went down, you know on obamas last bugget, and trump fans claimed trump was already making murika great.

Ummm...yessir...nothing concrete...

Nosiree...nothing to see here...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I've been saying for a while that we are operating under an economic bubble and I even said in the thread that it would behoove the Trump admin to get ahead of it before it gets too large and pops. Also, it doesn't take 8 years for a President to own an economy (for one, a President isn't guaranteed to serve 8 years). If the economy can go along for a few years and then crash or it crashes in direct response to one of Trump's policies in the near future then Trump would own it all.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Wonder how many of these jobs are connected to the boost in the military's budget...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Well, of course there are times when a president can do something to cause relatively immediate turmoil, but a large-scale crash generally is many years in the making--the dot-com bubble and the housing bubble the two to which I alluded, which were not the direct result of any immediate issue. They took time to develop and happen, and, of course, if a sitting president is intelligent enough to spot the impending crash, they can make policy to stop it from happening, but if not, and things are left on-course or even doubled-down on, that's when things really go nuts.

Sadly, I think that we're in a perpetual pendulum of such happenings at this point, because the expectations of prosperity and growth only look toward the short-term, and tend to necessitate rapid rises with always rebound with a rapid fall. I wish that we could just be happy with slow, steady growth and quit always making everything an economic game of seeing if someone can make things happen faster than the previous guy.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

True, there are going to be lots of money going to the military indust complex.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Sadly, I think that we're in a perpetual pendulum of such happenings at this point, because the expectations of prosperity and growth only look toward the short-term, and tend to necessitate rapid rises with always rebound with a rapid fall. I wish that we could just be happy with slow, steady growth and quit always making everything an economic game of seeing if someone can make things happen faster than the previous guy.

I agree actually. This is why you should be a bit weary about Trump's claims about the economy have 3 to 4% sustained growth a year. He appears to want to do exactly what you fear with the economy.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yo Naysayers!

Hey Obama lovers!

This is not Obama's doing. This is not Trump's doing, just yet. The word of the day... CONFIDENCE!

This has everything to do with Trump being elected. His plan for our economy and the things he has said he wants to do has given small and large business owners across our great country the confidence to spend more, hire more and expand their horizons. That's what is driving up our GDP, our stock market, our employment numbers and every other economic indicator.

Claim what you will... Claim what you must, but the fact remains... America will be great again and we owe thanks to President Trump for that, not Obama!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
America will be great again and we owe thanks to President Trump for that, not Obama!

Funny how it is never the people who deserve the thanks.

Give thanks to the elite and be glad you're being trickled on?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

oh please seasonal...do you not think 8 years of our last president had anything to do with that?

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No, he was too busy laying ground work for the failed Clinton Ascendance, and driving race relations below the crust of the earth
edit on 382017 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Oh yes I do.
I think business is really anticipating the repeal of ACA and are really glad Hillary the faint isn't Pres. If HRC would have been elected it would have been 4 more years of O's admin.

The buzz is pro business and pro worker, usually something you don't have in the same sentence. We will see.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Below the crust of the earth, very accurate.

Oh don't forget LEO relations.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: StallionDuck
lol

Laughable.

Ok so tell me this... why wasn't the economy doing this over the last 4 years? It's funny when I see people saying "Well the last prez is the reason" well over into the new term when they can look back the last EIGHT years and see this was NOT the case.

pish...

Um... The economy was totally doing this over the last 4 years. Obama gave Trump the economy with the stock market at an all time high. It just has continued to increase since Obama left office.

No it didnt. Show me the numbers. The stock market surged as soon as Trump hit office. As soon as!

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

lol

Laughable.

Ok so tell me this... why wasn't the economy doing this over the last 4 years? It's funny when I see people saying "Well the last prez is the reason" well over into the new term when they can look back the last EIGHT years and see this was NOT the case.

pish...

Um... The economy was totally doing this over the last 4 years. Obama gave Trump the economy with the stock market at an all time high. It just has continued to increase since Obama left office.

No it didnt. Show me the numbers. The stock market surged as soon as Trump hit office. As soon as!

July 2016 - Stocks have never been higher
August 2016 - Up! Up! Up! All three major US indexes close at record highs; materials lead
September 2016 - Stocks rally after Fed keeps rates unchanged; Nasdaq posts record closing high

Added jobs and low unemployment rate:
November 2016 - U.S. economy added 178,000 jobs in November; unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Oh yes I do.
I think business is really anticipating the repeal of ACA and are really glad Hillary the faint isn't Pres. If HRC would have been elected it would have been 4 more years of O's admin.

The buzz is pro business and pro worker, usually something you don't have in the same sentence. We will see.

delusional

I sorta looked up to you as the grumpy but wise ATSer...my opinions have changed.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I don't think it is delusional to think businesses would like a better health care option.

I also think that Trump is going to be better for business, but I really hope he is going to better for workers.

Are you under the impression that HRC is better to eliminate regs and make for a better environment for business?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join