It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks releases Vault 7!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The really scary part is that the CIA seems to have free reign to spy on all of us, Americans and the rest of the world. I am pretty sure their covert activities are not done with warrants. They probably manipulate things to present evidence gained through these methods by claiming the source is classified, so as not to reveal their hacking.

Exactly.

There doesn't appear to be much oversight. How do these CIA hackers 'practice' and fine tune their skills for developing these cyber-tools? I get the sense that there isn't any formal process for choosing *targets* after reading some of the Vault 7 material.

It seems to me that they take, plant, or delete whatever they want on other people's computers from reading some of the material from Vault 7.

I wonder if the Congressional intelligence oversight committees have always known about these *ahem* cyber-tools given the implications on the various CIA briefings they hear.

ETA: I pointed out in an earlier comment that one CIA hacker referred to what their "customer" wanted. The CIA has completely gone rogue...that's my takeaway, so far.

Taken into context, it matches perfectly with the behavior of the FBI seeing people up as terrorist's. Same exact behavior, learned from the same source Sun Tzu perhaps.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

You should consider installing GnuPG. It will allow for decryption of pgp asymmetric and symmetric aes 256 like WL uses.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: bknapple32

You should consider installing GnuPG. It will allow for decryption of pgp asymmetric and symmetric aes 256 like WL uses.

Good call, I'll have to remember this.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Did WL ever release that password for that torrent package? Sorry if this is redundantly responded to before.

I have searched everything I can think of but no mention of that key anywhere except that it would be released this morning..

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If you ever start using pgp pub/pri key encryption just be sure to verify key(s) you receive are from the actual owner of the key. The fingerprint, for example.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

In a separate tweet, Wikileaks has just released the passphrase to decrypt the torrent file: RELEASE: CIA Vault 7 Year Zero decryption passphrase:

SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds

ZeroHedge

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

In a separate tweet, Wikileaks has just released the passphrase to decrypt the torrent file: RELEASE: CIA Vault 7 Year Zero decryption passphrase:

SplinterItIntoAThousandPiecesAndScatterItIntoTheWinds

ZeroHedge

Awesome! That did it! Thanks RG

I did scroll down wikileaks tweets earlier but not far enough I guess.
edit on 7-3-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh good, more information coming out?

I can not wait to see more.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Oh good, more information coming out?

I can not wait to see more.

This is series 1 of ?

I suspect the fodder will run deep for months not days. The enemy is entrenched.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So basically everything we worried about is all true. Anyone else feel a little ill? I don't really see a way to slay this beast, just endless rabbit holes to die in.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I feel this is a very big reveal for all conspiracy theorist, consider the nature of what we dwell in, this is particularly startling.

...of course the hardcore theorist will look at this as, "If this was true, WHAT ELSE WAS TRUE?!?!"

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So basically everything we worried about is all true. Anyone else feel a little ill? I don't really see a way to slay this beast, just endless rabbit holes to die in.

Actually, I think it gets much worse from here.

The Beast has more heads than we see.
edit on 7-3-2017 by SBMcG because: We're screwed.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The US government hunts down and imprisons hackers for much less then what the government is doing. I suppose it's eliminate the competition.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

How the shadow government works...

edit on 7-3-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2017 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Perhaps now would be a good time to see all the CIA's top brass transferred to some secret prison of their own creation and "interrogated" with their own methods and or just taken straight to Leavenworth Kansas for a long well deserved vacation.

Sort of like potty training a puppy by rubbing their nose in their own pile? Otherwise lets all just embrace Orwell and get that over with.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Except doing that would slow down attacking other governments. They can play the ISIS - terrorist card and much of the public will give them a pass. Congress certainly will.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I feel ill. And I suspect that most people are already so complacent that some of the really incriminating stuff won't bother them, at all. That's going to suck for the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The alarming factor is not a single MSM outlet is talking about what this all means. All they're talking about is finding the mole/hacker and how it'll take years for the CIA to recover from this.

How about the fact the CIA is illegally recording everything we're doing and the potential serious issue of remote assassination?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

I hope that what's to come includes some actual information.. like the TRUTHS behind 9-11, Kennedy, UFO's, Trump being Wiretapped, etc..

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Except doing that would slow down attacking other governments. They can play the ISIS - terrorist card and much of the public will give them a pass. Congress certainly will.

It seems like every single authority in the USA has given a pass to illegal over reach, wanton criminal activity within government and anyone else with a big truckload of possible campaign donations gets a free pass. Too big to prosecute anyone except the peasants.

That swamp is filling up far faster than it is being drained. Not sure it IS being drained at all yet though. Anticipation is in a state of stagnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join