It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks releases Vault 7!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why this is so important now, is that we are near the beginning of......

www.iflscience.com...

It’s not quite telepathy, but a group of scientists have successfully eavesdropped on our inner thoughts for the first time. Using a newly designed algorithm, researchers were able to work out what people were saying in their heads based on brain activity.

With that new age of technology, and as that tech grows, this then will be the next thing to be fully exploited. If the CIA or NSA could read everyone's mind, or influence the public thoughts, that area would be the next area to be abused.

They will hack our brains.

This has to be stopped now for the sake of all of us. Mind reading stuff will be more developed in the next 20 or 30 years and can you imagine what it will be like for our children? People, have to wake up now.
edit on 7-3-2017 by talisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

TOP SECRET AMERICA

originally posted by: kosmicjack
So basically everything we worried about is all true. Anyone else feel a little ill? I don't really see a way to slay this beast, just endless rabbit holes to die in.

Oh, my! LOL!
edit on 7-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not up to full speed on all this, so hopefully someone can show me the light...but if the CIA is able to do all this, wouldn't they have been better served to have Killary in office? Certainly rigging the elections would be small potatoes compared with what I've been reading they can do.

I keep out of politics for the most part. The very fact that Killary and Trump were the best two this country could produce to lead it speaks volumes to me.

Personally I believe the CIA is capable and willing to spy on us citizens, so if we're given tangible proof, where do we go from there to stop it?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1223

When you have time, back track and read the whole thread, it has a wealth of data and practically no partisan bickering as this revelation rings true to on all fronts.
edit on 7-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

So basically everything we worried about is all true. Anyone else feel a little ill?

I don't feel ill.

I never worried about this being true. i just figured it was.

Slaying the beast is also not a goal of mine.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You've figured it was and push on around here in favor of all power structures agendas this time? Wowzers!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
For you fiction writers out there, a good novel series set with the dystopian alternate reality of where we'd be right this moment if WikiLeaks never existed could be some scary stuff.

link   
This is interesting:

How the CIA dramatically increased proliferation risks

In what is surely one of the most astounding intelligence own goals in living memory, the CIA structured its classification regime such that for the most market valuable part of "Vault 7" — the CIA's weaponized malware (implants + zero days), Listening Posts (LP), and Command and Control (C2) systems — the agency has little legal recourse.

The CIA made these systems unclassified.

Why the CIA chose to make its cyberarsenal unclassified reveals how concepts developed for military use do not easily crossover to the 'battlefield' of cyber 'war'.

To attack its targets, the CIA usually requires that its implants communicate with their control programs over the internet. If CIA implants, Command & Control and Listening Post software were classified, then CIA officers could be prosecuted or dismissed for violating rules that prohibit placing classified information onto the Internet. Consequently the CIA has secretly made most of its cyber spying/war code unclassified. The U.S. government is not able to assert copyright either, due to restrictions in the U.S. Constitution. This means that cyber 'arms' manufactures and computer hackers can freely "pirate" these 'weapons' if they are obtained. The CIA has primarily had to rely on obfuscation to protect its malware secrets.

Conventional weapons such as missiles may be fired at the enemy (i.e into an unsecured area). Proximity to or impact with the target detonates the ordnance including its classified parts. Hence military personnel do not violate classification rules by firing ordnance with classified parts. Ordnance will likely explode. If it does not, that is not the operator's intent.

Over the last decade U.S. hacking operations have been increasingly dressed up in military jargon to tap into Department of Defense funding streams. For instance, attempted "malware injections" (commercial jargon) or "implant drops" (NSA jargon) are being called "fires" as if a weapon was being fired. However the analogy is questionable.

Unlike bullets, bombs or missiles, most CIA malware is designed to live for days or even years after it has reached its 'target'. CIA malware does not "explode on impact" but rather permanently infests its target. In order to infect target's device, copies of the malware must be placed on the target's devices, giving physical possession of the malware to the target. To exfiltrate data back to the CIA or to await further instructions the malware must communicate with CIA Command & Control (C2) systems placed on internet connected servers. But such servers are typically not approved to hold classified information, so CIA command and control systems are also made unclassified.

A successful 'attack' on a target's computer system is more like a series of complex stock maneuvers in a hostile take-over bid or the careful planting of rumors in order to gain control over an organization's leadership rather than the firing of a weapons system. If there is a military analogy to be made, the infestation of a target is perhaps akin to the execution of a whole series of military maneuvers against the target's territory including observation, infiltration, occupation and exploitation.

www.zerohedge.com...

link   
This is absolutely huge and puts Trump in a real bind.

This news was all the rage in the Snowdon days, but that they went ahead with it all, using taxpayer's money to do it, and then turned it on the American populace as a whole, is outrageous.

I thought they were only sifting "meta data" in pursuit of terrorists?

Have they actually stopped any terrorism?

This is an attack on the right to privacy and the Fourth Amendment, big time!

They don't have any authorization to use these tools on any particular individual without a FISA warrant.

Just because everyone knew they were working on this kind of stuff doesn't make it legal, or right.

How these tools were used needs to be investigated, forthwith, and any blanket snooping, halted immediately.

I was once hacked (computer and Google Nexus phone both at the same time), because of a something political that I stated on Reddit towards Obama. It's not fun. It's really a form of terrorism by the rightful definition of the term.

So the terrorists have been watching the American people, en mass..

This is crazy. This is HUGE!

Let's go see if CNN is reporting on it.... brb.

This comes as a type of blessing in disguise for me, given what I went through, because this day, March 7th, just happens to be my birthday. Thank you WikiLeaks!

Vindication!

I KNOW that they've abused this power.

But it always blows back on them like a gale force wind.

Who's scared now?

edit on 7-3-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've read the thread, I'm wondering why the CIA wouldn't have been better served with Killary in office. Sure she was sloppy with a server, but surely her "nature" is more in line with allowing what the CIA does than Trump obviously is.

I'm in no way endorsing either of them, just curious as to why they wouldn't just rig the election if they're truly capable of everything I've read in the past few hours.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This release by Wikileaks is definitely that tangible proof that the CIA/NSA have long ago left their domain and become the monster in the dark. They can use that power, and they ARE using it to do everything and anything they want completely off the books. They have been doing spying on our own allies, we the people, and especially we the people.

At this point it is up to we the people to insist that our current government prosecute themselves? Uh.. yeah we are in a pickle at the moment. Our only hope is to become united somehow.. Pray for a miracle because nothing short of an act of God is going to give "we the people" a just and true constitutional republic where ALL of our officials obey our rules set forth in our constitution and other related documents.

A nation of 100 million armed vigilantes could put things back, but at too great a cost to even work. If something as terrible as that ever happens it will not be a solution, it will be a horrific punishment upon us all.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So basically everything we worried about is all true. Anyone else feel a little ill?

I don't feel ill.

1. I'm glad the CIA is an American entity.

2. We can't let North Korea, Iran, or other evil leaders get their hands on these techniques. To that end, many of the Wiki-leaked revelations could actually hurt America.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes and it has gotten me to about the same spot you are at. Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here's how CNN is framing it

Wikileaks claims to reveal how CIA hacks TVs and phones all over the world

The CIA has become the preeminent hacking operation, sneaking into high-tech phones and televisions to spy on people worldwide, according to an explosive WikiLeaks publication of purported internal CIA documents on Tuesday.
To hide its operations, the CIA routinely adopted hacking techniques that enabled them to appear as if they were hackers in Russia, WikiLeaks said.

WikiLeaks also claimed that nearly all of the CIA's arsenal of privacy-crushing cyberweapons have been stolen, and the tools are potentially in the hands of criminals and foreign spies.
WikiLeaks claimed the stolen tools ended up in the hands of "former U.S. government hackers and contractors... one of whom" leaked documents to WikiLeaks.

U.S. Rep. Ted Lieu of California called for an immediate congressional investigation.

"I am deeply disturbed by the allegation that the CIA lost its arsenal of hacking tools. The ramifications could be devastating," he said in a statement. ""We need to know if the CIA lost control of its hacking tools, who may have those tools, and how do we now protect the privacy of Americans."

money.cnn.com...

Nothing about the Fourth Amendment! Privacy only in the context that WikiLeaks claims the tools have been stolen. So they not only developed them and then used them on the masses, they also went and lost them and had them stolen. Way to go CIA.

CNN: WikiLeaks CLAIMS...

goes to show how explosive this is, seeing the way CNN is playing it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I suppose even those who follow the NYT and WaPo will
be dissapointed to learn that this is true, according to Experts
they cite, and Officials.

U.S. intelligence officials and experts said details contained in the newly released documents suggest that they are legitimate, although that could not be independently verified, raising new worries about the U.S. government’s ability to safeguard its secrets in an era of cascading leaks of classified data.
www.washingtonpost.com... 5d3c21f7cf_story.html

There was no public confirmation of the authenticity of the documents, which were produced by the C.I.A.’s Center for Cyber Intelligence and are mostly dated from 2013 to 2016. But one government official said the documents were real, and a former intelligence officer said some of the code names for C.I.A. programs, an organization chart and the description of a C.I.A. hacking base appeared to be genuine.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 7-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

This release by Wikileaks is definitely that tangible proof that the CIA/NSA have long ago left their domain and become the monster in the dark. They can use that power, and they ARE using it to do everything and anything they want completely off the books. They have been doing spying on our own allies, we the people, and especially we the people.

At this point it is up to we the people to insist that our current government prosecute themselves? Uh.. yeah we are in a pickle at the moment. Our only hope is to become united somehow.. Pray for a miracle because nothing short of an act of God is going to give "we the people" a just and true constitutional republic where ALL of our officials obey our rules set forth in our constitution and other related documents.

A nation of 100 million armed vigilantes could put things back, but at too great a cost to even work. If something as terrible as that ever happens it will not be a solution, it will be a horrific punishment upon us all.

Yeah, that's the thing. Sure we have our guns, but our country has it's military(industrial complex).

We the people don't have fighter jets, stealth bombers, tanks, you name it. I used to think a full scale revolution just might right the ship, but we were warned about the military industrial complex and look at it now. I believe we are screwed.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't feel ill.

1. I'm glad the CIA is an American entity.

2. We can't let North Korea, Iran, or other evil leaders get their hands on these techniques. To that end, many of the Wiki-leaked revelations could actually hurt America.

I see your concern, but the leaks, in addition to the BadCabbies post above show that our enemies have already stolen these "Cyber weapons" due to the CIA's carelessness.

So not only has wikileaks exposed corruption, but given that we were already at risk because enemies stole these weapons, they also did the benefit of warnings us of what exactly these weapons due and how they operate.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

1. I'm not american so I worry that the CIA has these techniques.

2. I'm glad these revelations were made so it will not allow the US to have a monopoly on these and level the playing field.

Just kidding, I don't care but I just wanted to show how egocentric your post might seem to someone outside the US.
edit on 7-3-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

No I'd say the screwers are themselves screwed, bearing in mind also that these same tools can be used against them by hacker groups like Anonymous.

Might Tony Podesta have had his phone with him in the dungeon? Has his smart TV caught him doing anything he should not have been?

Next up the Pedosatanist leaks compliments of WikiLeaks and Anonymous using the CIA's own tools, because WikiLeaks implies that they know who's got them and who's using them.

But when that comes out, that's one thing I do not wish to see. Send it to the FBI, and the heads of all the agencies..

Then down goes the wicked structure, weeping and wailing into the abyss for 1000 years, bound and double bound in unbreakable chains, by its own hand.

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

1. I'm not american so I worry that the CIA has these techniques.

2. I'm glad these revelations were made so it will not allow the US to have a monopoly on these and level the playing field.

Just kidding, I don't care but I just wanted to show how egocentric your post might seem to someone outside the US.

I don't think it's egocentric? The US has a history of developing cutting edge technology sense WWII and not sharing. British scientists helded to develop the nuclear bombs used on Japan. Then British wanted the USA to help develop their own nuclear program. The USA passed the espionage act that made it a criminal act to share nuclear technology with any country.

I will say the USA seems better at spying on its own citizens than protection its infrastructure from hacking?
edit on 7-3-2017 by neutronflux because: Britain to British

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join