It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam War Explained (Finally)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yep, it was about oil! It's always about oil!

This time it was about the White Tiger Oil Field, one of the largest oil fields on the planet, except that it's located offshore and at was therefore inaccessible at the time of its discovery (in 1922 by a man named Herbert Hoover, who would later go on to become US President);

By the 1950s, they developed a method of "mapping out" where offshore oil is located by firing off small explosions, and listening to the waves bounce off the ocean floor. So in the 1960s, the US (at the behest of Standard Oil, and interestingly Zapata Oil, George Bush' offshore drilling company) decided to start a war in Vietnam, so they could "drop bombs" all along the coast of Vietnam and map out where the oil was (and where it wasn't).

Standard's (Exxon's) exploration lasted for about 10 years, from the Gulf of Tokin incident in 1964 through the American withdrawl from Saigon in 1975..

By the 1990s, when Vietnam opened up the White Tiger field to exploration and development to foreign firms, guess which company big on all the profitable slots that were up for auction?!? That's right, Standard Oil (i.e., Exxon).

More details here:

www.new-enlightenment.com...

The wars are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS about oil..

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I thought the war was about drug fields that the elite and politicians owned, which operated out of vietnam. who knows, though i doubt ALL wars are fought for oil.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i thought it was for the same reason we have all wars, because whoever is in charge is corrupt to the core....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So your telling me that Kennedy started Vietnam for Bush's oil company???

OMG get a life. Not every war is about oil. Not every war is so that Bush may profit. It was the cold war. Here is a word for you:

Containment

I will leave it to you to figure out how this applicable to the cold war and Vietnam.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I heard it was about Rubber but i can't find the link for that right now.

I do think it was about communism myself.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm so glad that someone finally got around to explaining the war in Vietnam. And to think that for all these years we fools who fought the damn thing thought it had something to do with the global expansion of communism. It's so amazing that it took forty years, no wait, maybe sixty years, to uncover the truth. I think the French might be just as surprised as I am about this revelation. They thought it was all about colonialism.

[edit on 05/2/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I heard it was about Rubber but i can't find the link for that right now.

I do think it was about communism myself.

Primary reason was the U.S. Policy of Communist Containment.
Btw, Vietnam's largest export was rubber and tungsten. Secondary export consideration was oil.

An excellent unbiased and objectively critical book on 'why' America got involved in Vietnam is America's Longest War by George C. Herring.

I highly recommend it for anyone seeking to objectively understand U.S. policy, Communism, and 'why' and 'how' Vietnam happened.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sometimes you dont know whither to laugh or cry.

new topics

top topics

join