It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case of Annaliese Michel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Quit freaking out. She was ill and the entire community claimed demons. Of course they claimed demons because of their religious fervor.

Also, this is very much like the other thread where the guy's mental issues were blamed on demons.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Lol I'm swear I'm being trolled or something.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Hey I think this is a great thread on an interesting topic. Just read your link up until the vids (listened to part of 1) but my wifi is acting up so haven't finished yet..

But it's a good link on the subject. Written with a lot of compassion too- more than just a history I guess.

btw to the others: Nobody's freaking out! I don't where you're getting that from.
edit on 1-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hi zosi.

Personally I'm not religious at all, and I'm not too sure how I feel about demon possession, but sometimes it's hard to ignore. A lot of people will just attribute it to mental health and other things but I don't think that tells the whole story. Interesting case none the less.

And about the others, just ignore them lol. I'm not bothered at all by the obvious trolling.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hi

I'm fascinated by the paranormal. I've also seen one thing in my life that looked demonic and chilled me to the core. As for what caused this girl's deterioration, I can't profess to know. The pictures looked so sad though- that girl was definitely suffering whatever the cause.

I do believe that people can have attached parasites/demons if you will. Crazy I know but hey, that's one of the reasons I came here.

I am definitely of the mind that there is a side of good (God) and one of evil and that the battle rages on.
But I also understand not being religious or not believing in God at all. My opinion is that even if the religion is false, Jesus's words are the truth to me.. my opinion of course..anyway off topic sorry.

Great thread though. Thanks for putting in the effort!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I wouldn't doubt the existence of anything. I learned, that the more I learn, the less I actually know. Anything is possible and nothing is impossible.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I'm still watching the video but wanted to ask before I forgot, I notice with almost every possession case that the possessed are usually religious even devoutly so and yet they get possessed. Is it possible do you think that pure religious fervour is responsible for "possessions"? Are you aware of any cases of complete atheists being possessed?

I wonder if anyone has ever considered the idea that possessions aren't demonic at all, but rather an act of God for the sake of scaring people into following while discrediting the opposition. Two birds with one stone.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

That's a pretty outlandish theory. Assuming god(love) is real, the opposite (evil) should too. The law of balance has to exist. Ying yang.

Also possession doesn't discredit the opposition but rather reinforce it. If an atheist became possessed, do you think he would start to believe in demons because of it or discredit it?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

I'm still watching the video but wanted to ask before I forgot, I notice with almost every possession case that the possessed are usually religious even devoutly so and yet they get possessed. Is it possible do you think that pure religious fervour is responsible for "possessions"? Are you aware of any cases of complete atheists being possessed?

I wonder if anyone has ever considered the idea that possessions aren't demonic at all, but rather an act of God for the sake of scaring people into following while discrediting the opposition. Two birds with one stone.
You should prob start with proving this god exists first before you start attributing such things to it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

You should prob start with proving this god exists first before you start attributing such things to it.

It sounded to me more like a proposition of a possibility than a bold proclamation of fact. I don't think there's any need for him to "prove God" in order to wonder whether anyone has considered the idea mentioned.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
To my knowledge there havent been possessions of atheists. That in itself supports to notion of mental manipulation rather than paranormal phenomenon.

Notice also how it's primarily devout catholics. The priests often use leading questions and statements, so my theory is it's a form of mental illness exacerbated by a sort of hypnotic suggestion by the priests. Compare their rituals and statements to that of hypnotism, it's uncanny.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

That looks like my ex-girlfriend. She was possessed in bed. No kidding. She was a psycho. But psycho women are good in bed though.

But I get what you are saying. Is it schizophrenia or a genuine demon possession? The movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is great.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That poor girl. No demonic possession but like others said already a religious background and mental illness can easily turn out like this. In order to be possessed by a demon, they have to exist. And as only religious folk believe in them, common sense tells you that only they can get into this sad state.
Also as I mentioned in favour of Daemons [not religiously based demons - which are entirely made up by humans], they were believed to be actually quite helpful beings for all sorts of enquiries. Never were they ugly and thick beings who possess someone just for the lolz.

Irrational thinking, believing in made up stuff and fear is why religion is poison and a great hurdle in human advancement.
Had this poor girl been treated in a modern hospital, the outcome would have been entirely different.
I am often worried that even in this day and age there are people peddling this utterly dangerous trash and you walk among us!

This case has always hit a chord with me and I feel so sorry for her. Shame on religion. Shame!
May she rest in blank oblivion and be peaceful there.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

One could say that a demon has no need in possessing an atheist as the atheist is already within the demons dominion. It is a well known conspiracy that certain powerful human beings have inspired the atheist knowing full well that it is helpful in their battle against "good" and plays well into their goal of dominion over this realm.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

You know it also seems a bit difficult to swallow that you are an atheist as you name yourself a pagan deity followed by the number of Ceasar.

That would lead me to believe that you are naturally deceptive and already wallowing toward the dirt. Do you say incantations? Do you cast spells? Do you wish or dream good or evil to those around you? If you do, you are not an atheist.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
this is bizarre, Exorcism of Emily Rose is my favourite film, its the only one that scares me, nothing else does. i listened to to those tapes of her on youtube a couple of years back, i tried to before but i hate the noises. so i was sat there one night listening to them and decided to go to sleep, i'd heard enough. i paused the video and shut the laptop lid and put it on the floor.

i was woken up during the night to hear those dreadful noises in the sleepy daze i realised it was coming from my laptop which i had closed down. i absolutely c*****d myself. but the other thing about it was, guess what the time was. yep, 3am. it still gets to me this day how that could have happened and why that time as nothing like that has ever happened before. im into the paranormal and have seen spirits from an early age, had them around and done many amazing evp's, perhaps all that may have caused it all. i don't know.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

i have also noticed this, seems the more religious people are, its those that seem to get possessed. i 100% agree with what you just wrote.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Along similar lines, everything the demons do is with permission from God, and they can't do anything without permission. Some theologians and Catholic demonologists have noted the experiences often have the effect of strengthening a person's faith, or bringing them closer towards God.

There are some good YouTube seminars from Adam Blai, and a Fr. Reperger (or similar spelling) where they explain how demons act in a very legalistic way, including rights to be in the possessed, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join