It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Case of Annaliese Michel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Aka the "real" Emily Rose. I know demon possession and demons in general are taboo around here, but this is one of the better and more intriguing cases that will either leave you scratching your head or hiding under your blanket.

Pre-Warning: extremely disturbing content, including actual recordings of her exorcism. I do not recommend reading or listening at night alone. (Like I did)

The entire case of Annaliese Michel

There are many quotables, but I'll just choose some for those that can't read the entire article;

Anna recalls a situation where Anneliese’s hands appeared to be “enormous”, to the extend that she would even claim that they were almost twice their normal size. Anyone who has an experience in these matters would not be surprised by this, as the demonic are notorious or manipulating the physical world, specifically the body of that which it possesses. At the table, when Anneliese noticed this, she was noted as saying “I have black hands. Savior, forgive me.”
This was also right around the same time that Anneliese began to have troubling and often times horrifying visions. She claimed to see things, namely terror-inciting visions. “I see devil faces on the walls, they have seven crowns and seven horns.”, she had said

Anneliese would be violently thrown down to the ground again, and again. She would stand up as quickly as she could, only to be forced down again. She would always pray the “Hail Mary”, and during each time that she would recite this prayer, she would be repeatedly thrown to the ground, once again on her back and forced to stay that way. She could not protect herself from these falls, so she would very frequently injure her face and head.

As a test, perhaps to prove it to himself, even, Father Renz gave a mental command, i.e. a command that he only thought but did not say, to the demons in his presence. He Thought the command “Withdraw from her! Say who you are!”.

At that particular moment, Annaliese quite literally went berserk.  The demonic entity inside her began to make themselves known in startling succession. In that moment, the priest knew for certain that an epileptic person or a crazy person simply wouldn’t be able to react that way, in particular, read the thoughts of another person. At this moment, Anneliese tore the rosary from Father Renz and destroyed it.

if there is one thing that is absolutely sacred in cases of demonic possession, it is the rosary. This religious artifact is never touched – unless the thing possessing is extremely powerful.

An interesting theory

In an interview on the topic, Father Andrzej Trojanowski, doctor of theology and exorcist, claims that demonic entities take a distinct notice of our departure of faith and closeness to God. He also believes that is why mortal sin is something which testifies to the victory of evil spirits in our lives and current times. He claims that possession and such other spectacular actions or evil spirits is a disclosure, and that something such as a demonic spirits commits these actions because it must, that these actions are it’s sole purpose. He also mentions that these demons must eventually show themselves, but that they do not want to by any means. It will often go to extreme lengths to not make public any of its actions, as it does not want to unmask itself. As a matter of fact, when the point has come that the demonic entity makes it’s presence known in the form of possession phenomena, it’s actually a defeat on the demons part, because from that point on, usually steps will be taken to rid the afflicted on this onslaught.

These are just some quick highlights from the begining of the article, I don't want to spoil too much.

Wether you believe in possession or not, it is still an interesting read that will surely leave you pondering some questions.

Enjoy

edit on 1-3-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sounds like that other thread where the guy went ape all over the place because, Demons.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JugHead

Which thread?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I just quickly went over to that thread, and this is completely different.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't see how. They're both posessed by demonic entities are they not?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So you're just going to ignore the entire full context of this story and compare it to a guy that went nuts because, demons?

You don't have to participate if you don't want to you know.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I'm just saying, it's similar. Don't have a cow.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You literally responded 2 minutes after I posted this and said, "sounds similar to the other thread"

You can't even read the OP, let alone the article in 2 minutes.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

lol are you giving yourself stars?

I watched it. I found it similar. Fight if you must, but you'll be doing the tango alone. I'm not a fighter. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What a startling contrast between those two pictures in the opening entry the first beautiful and the second sad indeed.
Just goes to show how lucky most of us are to not be troubled by demons and other mental issues and to highlight that it can happen to anyone however sane we seem to be before such events.. Not so sure the " Enjoy " fits ? Not so for me.
Interesting and sad. I remember watching a video on you tube about this produced last year..

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Really? Giving myself stars? Where did that question even come from?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You should have taken my advice and calmed down, I think you're having a cow. But that's fine, rant away.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

You're right, the "enjoy" was probably not the right word to use and not meant to be taken literally.. just a habit of how I usually end my threads.

Thanks for the video

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So now you're just going to troll me? Lol

I guess my demeanor is new to you if you think I'm not calm or in a "rant".

You did ask me a question you know?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm still watching the video but wanted to ask before I forgot, I notice with almost every possession case that the possessed are usually religious even devoutly so and yet they get possessed. Is it possible do you think that pure religious fervour is responsible for "possessions"? Are you aware of any cases of complete atheists being possessed?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

That's a good question, I have no idea. I think possession is such a grey area and vary from case to case. Some cases might just be mental health, and others, not sure. Maybe there is a correlation between mental health and demons? But that's a whole new topic.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hmmm I'm not really sure what to say or think on that video. I'm leaning towards religious fervour, a need to be different and stand out in what seems to have been a very religious community, coupled with mental instability due to her ill health....but the weight loss has me flummoxed unless there was something else wrong with her that they didn't check like a tumour or similar. The voices on the tape well I felt I could still tell it was her speaking just in a loud or raspy voice but still female, it wasn't like in another video I've seen whereby the voice was entirely different. Bah I dunno interesting though

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

So now you're just going to troll me? Lol

I guess my demeanor is new to you if you think I'm not calm or in a "rant".

You did ask me a question you know?

This guy Jughead was basically helping you and contributing to your thread because of a similar recent thread and you are freaking out. Chill man.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Jughead is that you? Lol

Not sure how he was helping me or how I'm freaking out though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join