It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump has Earned a Huge 86-Percent Job Approval Rating.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nice strawman you got going there.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Only 86% of those who just voted for Trump approve of the job he is doing? Well.. THAT'S not good!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tehdouglas
People keep linking to biased polls to show Trump's approval rating. Before Trump won the election most polls showed bias towards Hillary as well, thats why they were so far off when it came election time. Rasmussen was one of the few polls which showed Trump and Hillary neck to neck, they showed the truth.

The polls were assessing the popular vote before the election and she won the popular vote within the margin for error for the polls. They weren't electoral college win polls.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

....He is the WORST PRESIDENT IN MY 45 YEARS.....,

A month into his presidency and your conclusion is Trump is the worst president in your 45 years? You are clearly an emotionally triggered individual lacking a fundamental understanding of how to pose an argument. Please, for the sake of validating your triggered statement, explain precisely how in 30 days you have arrived at the conclusion that your president Donald Trump is the WORST president in your 45 years.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andrewh7

People keep linking to biased polls to show Trump's approval rating. Before Trump won the election most polls showed bias towards Hillary as well, thats why they were so far off when it came election time. Rasmussen was one of the few polls which showed Trump and Hillary neck to neck, they showed the truth.

The polls were assessing the popular vote before the election and she won the popular vote within the margin for error for the polls. They weren't electoral college win polls.

That had to be luck then since all the other polls were proven faked and they were wrong either way.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

That had to be luck then since all the other polls were proven faked and they were wrong either way.

Can you show us how and where the polls were "proven faked"?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Only 86% of those who just voted for Trump approve of the job he is doing? Well.. THAT'S not good!

If you remember, the CPAC was infiltrated by Democrats, posing as normal people. They passed out Russian flags that said "Trump", and likely participated in the job approval poll as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thanks.

Yes, when Trump Won the election. DUH

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Thanks.

The only poll that got it "right" was the one I was watching and commenting on regularly here at ATS, and getting mocked for doing so.. the IBD (Investors Business Daily) tracking poll. It has a history of being the most accurate Presidential tracking poll going back several elections.

Ref: www.investors.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Thanks.

So not "faked" then.

But sure ... let's ignore the fact that he won the Electoral College by about 107K votes in three swing states, that 55% of those who voted didn't vote for him, and that he lost the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

"DUH." indeed. At least you got that part right.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So not "faked" then.

But sure ... let's ignore the fact that he won the Electoral College by about 107K votes in three swing states, that 55% of those who voted didn't vote for him, and that he lost the popular vote by 2.8 million votes.

"DUH." indeed. At least you got that part right.

First of all, Hillary won the popular vote because of California. If you exclude California from the equation then Trump won the popular vote.

Many of us believe that in California and other states with laxed voter ID/registration that there were people not authorized to vote that voted. Such as people in this country illegally, felons who's voting rights have been revoked, and even the deceased.

Of course, until any investigation takes places with oversight, this is all speculation.

Now to your point about the polls being right, I would ask, which ones?

Even if every vote cast to Hillary in CA was legit and we go by the 'she won by 3 million' standard, polls in the final weeks that showed Hillary up by as much as 5 and even 10 points would still have been inaccurate as 3 million ahead in popular votes wouldn't be a big enough margin to equate to a 5-10 point lead.

The other thing that needs to be mentioned is how many polls showed a 5 point dip in Hillary's lead after Comey reopened the investigation. This was shocking to me, as it would suggest that voters who've identified with Hillary all throughout her campaign and every scandal that happened would suddenly throw all of their convictions out the window because the FBI announced that there was some more evidence to review.

Who are all these millions of wishy washy voters? I have a hard time believing that somebody who stuck by Hillary all throughout her email investigation, all throughout the rigged primaries, and all throughout the onslaught of Wikileaks, would just suddenly have a change of heart because of some emails found on Weiner's laptop. To me, this suggests the pollsters were intentionally manipulating Hillary's lead by trying to get the polls to reflect how they believed the public would react to the FBI reopening an investigation. Something about that seems very off.

And finally, as it has been discussed here many many times, there are plenty of examples of evidence that show an active collusion between polling companies and the Clinton campaign. My personal favorite was the email Podesta sent to Schmitt (CEO for Google) explaining how to oversample democrats in a Google stat based poll.

All of this needs to be addressed and quite frankly I would like to see more discussion about some of these polling anomalies from people familiar with their processes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

1. California is not the only State that contributed to the popular vote total, nor was it the only state Clinton won by a large margin of popular votes.

2. There's no evidence that any fraudulent votes or voters would number anything approaching these numbers ... by factors of 1000s.

3. I didn't argue that polls were right. Polls measure trends. They are not prophecy.

4. I think we might both agree that public opinion is mercurial. Polls measure trends in public opinion (at best.)

5. The total vote numbers speak for themselves:

Total number of votes in 2016 Presidential Election: 137,100,229

Total number of votes for Trump: 62,985,106

Total number of votes NOT CAST for Trump: 74,115,123 or 54% of the vote.

Moreover, Trump won the Electoral College in three swing states: PA, MI, and WI. The total vote difference there for Trump was about 107K, which would be 0.07% of the total vote.

Could dramatic "revelations" sway 0.07% of the voters to make a change?

Here's the takeway in my mind. Trump won the Election. No question.

Without invoking wild variables like millions of fraudulent votes, or compromised voting machines or "faked" polls ... what I can say is that the trends showed that both major-party Candidates were among the least liked in history. In that, over the course of time, Trump and Clinton were basically neck-and-neck.

What can be said, with no question, is that Trump did not receive the majority of American votes. Take away three million from the difference in the total ... and its still a difference of over eight million votes NOT cast for Mr. Trump.

Now, you could argue that some of the votes cast for Johnson and Green would have been voted for Trump, and you'd be accurate.

However, some of them would have been cast for Clinton.

Would that have made a 107K difference in 3 swing states?

Who can say.

Source

Source 2
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Sources

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Amazing how polls are incorrect and "fake" when they don't support your agenda but to be believed when they do.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
a reply to: namelesss

Being someone who clearly enjoys putting Trump down at what point has he done anything wrong?

It appears that you feel that offering truth and Perspective equals 'putting him down'.
A crap stat was offered in the OP was refuted by Reality!
Sorry if that gets your Trumpian panties all awad!
If you want to know what he's doing 'wrong', read the news, and the court cases that have stopped (are stopping) him!

At this point it time he is building America to where it should be
I'm sorry, but I cannot have an intelligent conversation with someone so light headed as to parrot such crap!

what in earth did Obama do during his time. Nothing memorable what so ever.

Wait, aren't you supposed to distract by waving Hillary around, and Bill?
Isn't Obama the third go to guy when you cannot speak directly to a point about Trump?

Stop with the jumping on the bandwagon. It is getting VERY boring seeing you individuals.

Isn't that a shame, we 'individuals' are boring you Trumpish drones.
How delicate, snowflake... *__-
It is not my job to entertain you.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump has Earned a Huge 86-Percent Job Approval Rating.

Hahahahahahaha!!
Are you dreaming, smoking crack, reading the 'alternative facts network'?!

thehill.com...

"President Trump has the highest disapproval rating of any new president ever polled, according to a new survey.

A majority of respondents, 53 percent, disapprove of how Trump is handling his job in the CNN/ORC International poll released Friday, while 44 percent approve."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Donald Trump's approval rating is the lowest of any president-elect in two decades

www.politico.com...

Polls show Trump with historically low approval ratings
Majorities of Americans view Trump unfavorably — and also disapprove of the way in which Trump has built his incoming administration.

There's lots more if you need, just Google it! *__-

Everyone likes to post about polls that are biased in their favor. Rasmussen got it right during the election so I trust them. Check out their daily tracking poll:

Rasmussen daily tracking of Trump approval

While there is one poll that agrees with your bias, I offered a few different polls that support my contention that the OP poll is incorrect.
The more and various sources of information, the larger the picture that we can see (IF we want a larger picture, rather than just to support our biases), especially if there is some anomalous spike that someone is offering as the 'mean', as in this case.
Headlines every day talk about his numbers crashing, from various sources!

How can any sane person support him after all this?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Fake news. It's a lie. Trump has the lowest approval rating at this point in his presidency in history. You can't just make up facts and say it's true. That's called Fox News, I mean fake news.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Trump currently has an approval rating of 53% and disapproval of 47%.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Yeah, writing it bigger doesn't make it truer.
How Trumpian! hahahaha
I guess it depends on what poll supports your bias...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Fake news. It's a lie. Trump has the lowest approval rating at this point in his presidency in history. You can't just make up facts and say it's true. That's called Fox News, I mean fake news.

I see what you did there. LOL.

Still, I think some of us only have ourselves to thank for the overuse of "fake news."

Rather than being specific in the past, and arguing against specific flaws in some Fox News reporting, we genderically wrote it off (due to a more "right wing" bias than some news sources) and claimed it was all fake.

Thus we handed Mr. Trump an easy out ... and he's making use of it at every opportunity.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Right. Most news is not FAKE. But most news is distorted and skewed. Especially from CNN and NYT.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is some well said analysis.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join