It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Boy Wins in First Round of Girls Wrestling Tournament

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, not until he has surgery. Texas law is the reason.

This is a result of her wanting to be him. And he now has to be able to handle his new responsibilities, and that is part of making life changing big decisions. You change one little thing and big things(this is a stupid thing) have a tendency to surprise you. And it can be bad (again this is small).
edit on 24-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That seems purely punitive to me, and it's over an administration error. The person is clearly still capable of physical activity. Why should administrators be able to take that away just to discourage someone from making a personal choice?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No one is taking away anything.

This is a choice, if I get a knee replacement I am not going to play tennis for a long time. No one forced me to get it done.

Same here. She (he) is in the middle of a HUGE decision to change from a female to male. There are repercussions to decisions, what is more important? Wrestling or sex change?

Where is the parents? They are supposed to guide her though what is an adult decision. Perhaps she is not ready to make this life altering decision.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You seem hung up on the idea that somehow, if s/he is not allowed to wrestle, a grave injustice of the first order has been done. How do you feel about kids who are banned from wrestling because they don't keep their grades up? Are they somehow having a horrible injustice done to them?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Aazadan

a reply to: ketsuko

So your solution is to just exclude them from ordinary activities? That's not very accepting.

Recreational co-ed sports leagues aren't ordinary activities?

This person would just be in a recreational league and wrestling either boys or girls. The issue remains the same.

People who participate in co-ed leagues know what they are getting into as opposed to boys or girls sports where you expect your opponents to be one sex or the other and not someone altered to be in between. But such a person would fit better in a co-ed league because you know you could be competing against persons of either sex and you signed on for that.

Coed leagues suck. Have to go easy on the girls or they get hurt. And, they don't carry their weight.

Sorry. True though. Basketball pickup for example sucks as soon as the girls join.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why do progressives hate science?

It is a biological fact that males are naturally much stronger than females due to higher testosterone levels.

It isn't progressives keeping him from wrestling the other guys.

Yep... and if you were to become trans and take hormone treatment, and we were to arm wrestle, and you won. I'd accept that.... I still don't expect that we should then go shower together.

I'd beat you as is.

Heh.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It would be interesting to see how Mom (or Dad) feels about a combat MOS were he/she to join the military. Or Mack for that matter, were he/she to be drafted.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: odzeandennz

I see male dogs try and ummmm-you know, get busy with other male dogs.

Also lions eat the young of other males after they kill or run off the other.

Oh and monkeys hurl feces, I know you didn't mention that, but I think it is funny.

Humans are throwing feces as well now
Maybe humans are de-evolving (hope I spelt that right).

Steroids are illegal in sports, but now it is legal for some. That makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ah I posted a thread long ago about a heshe mma fighter, who destroyed his female opponent, literally breaking bones in her face. This isn't fair to the true sex that the team/league is made for.

Firstly heshe is derogatory but I'll forgive you this one time. So isn't this what certain people want? For this kid to participate in the athletics program based on his genitals as opposed to the rest of his body to include brain. So it's cheating if a Trans FtM (Female to male) wrestles with girls? So then should he compete with boys and if so then wouldn't that mean a Teen MtF (male to female) should wrestle girls?. I mean one set of hormones adds strength while the opposite formula would diminish strength. No common sense used here at all but hey it's Texas.

No common sense ?
The genitals and XY or XX genes define the gender, basic biology, you know, science .
No common sense Rainbow, but hey, liberals....

I knew someone would try this, yes no common sense. Meaning the state allowed a student who for all intents and purposes has the body and build of an athletic teen aged boy wrestle teen females of inferior build repeatedly with no intention on making the appropriate switch. No instead people would rather take away this childs right to compete all together, sure lets take the easy way out. We would rather dwell on the molecular aspects of gender as opposed to the physical and very tangible aspects but hey, Conservatives...oh and I'm not particularly liberal viva la second amendment.

She only has the body of a boy because of testosterone injections.
If she gets to compete against boys, do boys also get to have supplemental testosterone injections? ...oh wait...

No common sense

Assuming your a man you only have the body of a man because of the testosterone coursing through your veins. So would you consider yourself on performance enhancing drugs? You have the same chemical in your blood that this kid has pumping through his. What makes it different oh yeah because he was born with a vajayjay therefore it's unfair and cheating. That is unless of course someone made the right common sense decision and allowed this kid to wrestle boys in the first place. It's not steroids it's a carefully and frequently monitored ingestion of testosterone much like what you have yourself.

But the girls he is competing with have extremely low testosterone (not sure how much girls have naturally, much less that guys that's for sure). If they used steroids (or other enhancement performer like blood doping), they would have been disqualified. And that does not make any sense. Make it legal for every one, or no one.

He should either be competing with other guys, or not compete at all. I recognise that he is not at fault, the state are.

edit on 25-2-2017 by pompel9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
So why can't boys/men take steroids as this girl is, in order to become even more masculine?

Why can't they say I identify as the biggest beat of a man there is, so I want steroids to achieve that? I knew many skinny boys who'd have loved to take steroids to become more masculine, in their eyes. What about their feelings?

Too much testosterone is really bad. Just read all the scientific journals on it. Boys who have extremely low levels of testosterone are getting steroids from doctors.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It's not tricky, schools would have 2 leagues

women's league= no Y chromosome, cannot be on: steroids, testosterone, hgh

standard league= everyone else

modern example
LPGA
PGA

on another note: If a guy needs Testosterone from a doctor, the guy will be frail and non-competitive. A competitive high muscle guy is not going to go in for low T. A doctor is not going to let a low T male diagnosed with an issue abuse T. Unlike gender dysphorics which in many places can go get informed consent pill easily and not be monitored strictly.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

As it is said, common sense isn't so common anymore.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

All that aside, how is it fair that the girl who is on enhancing drugs wrestling girls who are all natural?

It's totally not. Which is why it's stupid to make him wrestle girls.

And on a side-note, he's not on "enhancing drugs" unless all men are. He's a boy. That's what boys have running through their system.

He is getting steroids (yes the same type that are illegal) from his doctor. He actually gets more testosterone than normal boys produce in their bodies, which make it unfair. What makes it even more unfair is that he is wrestling girls.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pompel9

Bad is different than identify.

Too much steroids isn't good for you. I also doubt pumping your body full of hormones and chopping off your pecker is any better for you. In fact, I'm almost sure of it.
edit on 25-2-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

The point is she is using enhancing drugs. She has omitted herself. It was not done to her.

So would you disqualify a boy who was prescribed testesterone supplements by a doctor? Currently that's perfectly fine. Why is this case different?

Would estrogen treatments for a male to female, which degrades strength be legal? That's decreasing performance.

Not sure if that is allowed in your country, but in my country he would not be allowed to compete. When he gets steroids, the testosterone levels will be much higher than the average male.
As far as wrestling boys, I believe that is not allowed by Texas law. She has to go by birth cert.

Which is clearly backwards. This person should not be wrestling girls, he's only doing so because Texas doesn't want to actually address this issue.

They are not playing, they are competing. Big difference.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

a reply to: Abysha

All that aside, how is it fair that the girl who is on enhancing drugs wrestling girls who are all natural?

It's totally not. Which is why it's stupid to make him wrestle girls.

And on a side-note, he's not on "enhancing drugs" unless all men are. He's a boy. That's what boys have running through their system.

He is getting steroids (yes the same type that are illegal) from his doctor. He actually gets more testosterone than normal boys produce in their bodies, which make it unfair. What makes it even more unfair is that he is wrestling girls.

Do you have links saying this? Do you have any actual reason to believe he "gets more testosterone than normal boys produce"? Are you just guessing? And, news flash, you're on steroids too. Your damn cheating body pushes them on you and gives you an advantage. The horror, your own body is a drug dealer!

He is not taking enhancers. He is replacing a hormone that is missing. Texas law is being ignorant and forcing this man to wrestle little girls. Blame conservatives.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Transgendered people shouldn't be allowed to participate in sports until they are completely done with their transition and off all medicines and treatments. I'm convinced that this transgendered movement is just another state of psychosis.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why do progressives hate science?

It is a biological fact that males are naturally much stronger than females due to higher testosterone levels.

It isn't progressives keeping him from wrestling the other guys.

Yep... and if you were to become trans and take hormone treatment, and we were to arm wrestle, and you won. I'd accept that.... I still don't expect that we should then go shower together.

I'd beat you as is.

Heh.

Darn it..

Do we shower now?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You seem hung up on the idea that somehow, if s/he is not allowed to wrestle, a grave injustice of the first order has been done. How do you feel about kids who are banned from wrestling because they don't keep their grades up? Are they somehow having a horrible injustice done to them?

Grade rules are used as motivation to make students study. Are you suggesting we need to motivate people to not seek out this type of treatment?

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

It's not tricky, schools would have 2 leagues

women's league= no Y chromosome, cannot be on: steroids, testosterone, hgh

standard league= everyone else

modern example
LPGA
PGA

on another note: If a guy needs Testosterone from a doctor, the guy will be frail and non-competitive. A competitive high muscle guy is not going to go in for low T. A doctor is not going to let a low T male diagnosed with an issue abuse T. Unlike gender dysphorics which in many places can go get informed consent pill easily and not be monitored strictly.

So a female to male couldn't play at all, but a male to female could play in the standard league?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join