It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Boy Wins in First Round of Girls Wrestling Tournament

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wrestling at 110 pounds, against the girls is Mack Beggs.

Mack Beggs won 2 matches, against girls. He was a she but has been taking treatments to turn her to a he. So as you can imagine trans he is a lot stronger than the girls trans he is wrestling.

There is a conflict about Beggs wrestling girls. Texas requires that the opponents wrestle the sex that is on the birth cert. But Beggs is a lot stronger than the girls, she has been getting transitional treatment (steroid).

Mack Beggs won two matches at the Texas state championships Friday. But the larger conflict — over whether a 17-year-old transgender boy should be wrestling girls — remained unsettled.

Beggs' family has said he would rather be wrestling boys. Some girls and their advocates agree, arguing that the testosterone treatments Beggs has been taking while in transition from female to male have made him too strong to wrestle fairly against women. But under the state's governing policy for athletics, students must wrestle against the gender listed on their birth certificates.

Beggs mom keeps calling trans him a her. So it is a lite confusing. But it sounds like Beggs mom doesn't want trans him wrestling girls. But beggs mom said she (Beggs) is going to see this through.
Beggs had support from the stands, but some were saying this is cheating and not fair.

www.nbcdfw.com...
"I wanted her to forfeit as a protective mom," Lisa Latham said. "She's a fighter. She's not a quitter. She's a senior. She's fought for the last three years to get here. She was going to see it through even though I wasn't sharing the same opinion."

At match's end Beggs shook hands with Latham before pointing high in the stands to cheering fans wearing the colors of his school, Euless Trinity. He celebrated for a few seconds. Then Beggs and his grandmother, led by his coach, jogged across the mats and into an area restricted to athletes and coaches.

While many cheered Beggs, others said the match was unfair. Patti Overstreet, a self-described wrestling parent, left her seat shouting, "that's cheating" and "big cheater!"

In come the attorneys. Jim Baudhuin had tried to get an injunction, did not happen. No one blames Beggs he is trying to live his life. Oh course he could not wrestle. Who would have guessed an issue like this would come up?

Attorney Jim Baudhuin tried and failed to get injunctions before both the district and regional meets to prevent Beggs from competing while he transitions. He told The Associated Press earlier this week that he doesn't blame Beggs for the situation, but faults the UIL.

"The more I learn about this, the more I realize that she's just trying to live her life and her family is, too," Baudhuin said of Beggs. "She's being forced into that position. Who knows, through discovery we may find out that's not the case. But every indication is, the way the winds are going now, the blame rests with the UIL and the superintendents."

edit on 24-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ah I posted a thread long ago about a heshe mma fighter, who destroyed his female opponent, literally breaking bones in her face. This isn't fair to the true sex that the team/league is made for.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

arguing that the testosterone treatments Beggs has been taking while in transition from female to male have made him too strong to wrestle fairly against women. But under the state's governing policy for athletics, students must wrestle against the gender listed on their birth certificates.

You'd think there'd be a rule against performance enhancing drugs, because that's how the testosterone is working...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Meh, there's plenty of women who could whup my butt. It isn't just about testosterone.

Knowing that it's going to be a controversial issue going in, I think one option is just to bow out and pursue other athletic interests.

Some things just aren't going to make perfect sense in the trans world no matter how many concessions are made.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I think it is the same as using roids to gain an advantage, but it is totally legal.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I agree, he should bow out and do a non contact sport.

And could a women your weight and age take you?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It is really simple. Texas UIL states that you cannot compete if using steroids. So if you choose to use steroids, then you cannot compete.

Now, this is according to UIL rules when I was coaching in TX a decade and a half ago, but I doubt that the rules have changed that significantly.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why do progressives hate science?

It is a biological fact that males are naturally much stronger than females due to higher testosterone levels.

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ah I posted a thread long ago about a heshe mma fighter, who destroyed his female opponent, literally breaking bones in her face. This isn't fair to the true sex that the team/league is made for.

Firstly heshe is derogatory but I'll forgive you this one time. So isn't this what certain people want? For this kid to participate in the athletics program based on his genitals as opposed to the rest of his body to include brain. So it's cheating if a Trans FtM (Female to male) wrestles with girls? So then should he compete with boys and if so then wouldn't that mean a Teen MtF (male to female) should wrestle girls?. I mean one set of hormones adds strength while the opposite formula would diminish strength. No common sense used here at all but hey it's Texas.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

What if they are prescribed by a DR? And I was assuming (I know) they were roids and testosterone.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I could see that they couldn't participate in contact sports due to the use of the drugs. This is unfair to kids that are not using enhancing drugs.

Life isn't fair, sometimes to gain something you have to loose something.

link   

edit on 24-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

link   
If he was a she, but is now a he, he should be wrestling boys, not girls. This actually makes the pro-transgenders point.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I agree, he should bow out and do a non contact sport.

And could a women your weight and age take you?

when i wrestled in school in florida yes
when i started grappling in florida and south carolina yes

it was not a common theme but every now and then there would be a girl that could tap you out with the #ing quickness.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oh boy. I mean oh girl. I mean.... we're in for some interesting times. I mean we are literally taking a situation that is unfair for a few (often by personal choice rather than a birth defect) and making it unfair for the masses. How does that make any sense? Life sucks sometimes, deal with it. Don't force the rest of the country to suffer because you got a bad wrap, or even worse, because you don't like being a boy or girl.

At this rate, in the near future it is going to be illegal to hurt someones feelings.
edit on 2/24/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

At what point is a he a she?

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Firstly heshe is derogatory but I'll forgive you this one time. So isn't this what certain people want? For this kid to participate in the athletics program based on his genitals as opposed to the rest of his body to include brain. So it's cheating if a Trans FtM (Female to male) wrestles with girls? So then should he compete with boys and if so then wouldn't that mean a Teen MtF (male to female) should wrestle girls?. I mean one set of hormones adds strength while the opposite formula would diminish strength. No common sense used here at all but hey it's Texas.

No common sense ?
The genitals and XY or XX genes define the gender, basic biology, you know, science .
No common sense Rainbow, but hey, liberals....

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Its not fair on girls.. it would really destoy thier sporting sprit.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

At what point is a he a she?

Apparently whenever he identifies himself as a she.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

I tend to agree with you thoughts. If this was a done deal, meaning a innie is now an outie, deal is done. You are a boy-until the operation, you are on enhancing drugs so not contact sports for you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join