It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real" alien pic shuts down 4chan

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Hey All I'm saying if there a serious enough T and C infraction to their site that is a serious threat to them, then yes they will act, this was likely one of those instances.
I know they let anything slide, but they do have rules in place to protect them from situations may cost them, this is likely one of them,....again this is a thread about another boards Terms and conditions....

I never said they don't let anything go. But they DO have a rules page they can fall back on if needed.

edit on 26-2-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Hey All I'm saying if there a serious enough T and C infraction to their site that is a serious threat to them, then yes they will act, this was likely one of those instances.
I know they let anything slide, but they do have rules in place to protect them from situations may cost them, this is likely one of them,....again this is a thread about another boards Terms and conditions, so it technically should be dumped from here.

I never said they don't let anything go. But they DO have a rules page

For them not to comment if that were the case is just completely implausible would be my first response.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Holden3

Zazz doesnt derail. Zazz will ask questions that frankly, should be answered. The issue with this topic is , there isnt a conclusion as of yet

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And thats where the meat right now exists. Until there is an explanation, they are only fueling speculation. So we are justified in wondering wtf was going on

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Zazz doesnt derail. Zazz will ask questions that frankly, should be answered. The issue with this topic is , there isnt a conclusion as of yet

agree not even close to a conclusion.

I think I'm on team "Mass image deletion software" but i have no idea how to help those guys find out if such a thing could even exist.

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Fair enough, yes they do.

Like I said, im monitoring /pol and /x ill update if anything pertinent happens

link   

Thanks BK, I am off to Sunday coffee time, been fun, but lets look out for a real Alien and UFO topic next time not a 4chan rules thread lol!

Be well

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I'd like a pm of the picture going around if your not busy.

Like it or not this thread has the classic ATS feel, a welcome change from 2016s Trump fever.

Sad to see this thread turning into an ATS vs 4chan discussion. We're all just hear seeking information, let the seekers seek.

Welcome to ATS all you new people, don't let the cold welcome from some deter you, some people are just emotionally invested in their opinion.

All have a place here, except trolls of course, we will collectively brandish our pitch forks and torches to hunt them, force them from their dark lair, and bring them into the light.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some comments from Reddit users on the topic

/u/LupinePeregrinans wrote

"I wonder if this is a fake designed to get people reposting so that they can test the system they've got for automatic filtering of images?
This would be the next step up from xkeyscoring the block chain stuff we've seen connected with wikileaks right?"

/u/KiA423469420 wrote *commenting on the photoshop composite of what the photo may have looked like*

"That appears to be a desert, not a savanna. Interesting that the background is distinct in this from (most of?) the other fakes I've seen so far.
Think about it. What is the importance of a single shot of an alien? Isn't that obviously fakable? Why even bother to suppress it? Just stick something like the real design into a movie and you're good to go. All the suppression could've been done years in advance with no high technology at all.
But a terrain? Terrains are findable. Terrains are researchable. And Terrains don't lose their searchability just by showing up in fiction, in fact, that makes them EASIER to find. It's dangerous to allow certain terrains to show up in fictions."
files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember the high def photoshop is an admitted composite of peoples ideas, the B&W picture is not debunked in any way and may be a very low quality render of the original

edit on 26-2-2017 by Holden3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

me too, or viral advertising for an upcoming game.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think it's fair to say that we're never going to see that image. The original was not copied by anyone, it only existed for a very short time and was removed either by 4chan mods or by the OP.

Everything I've seen since has been mis-direction, trolling, fabrication and a hoax frenzy for lulz.

Basically if someone had that image we'd have seen it by now, 4chan anon's simply can't be trusted, I've been watching the posts come and go along with image 404's at an alarming rate however they are just spam, they really are. Anon's who claim the image got removed from their hard drives are living in a fantasy land - made up nonsense.

I wouldn't be surprised if 4Chan are operating some automatic bans and image removal because quite honestly it is spam what most people are posting. Half of the images yesterday were snippets of a known cgi image created to mimic what the original image was supposed to be like however it missed the mark on a number of confirmed details.

Here's my thoughts after wading through some of bs. The image was a smokescreen, something else happened on that board, the alien photo was the decoy, and it's done it's job. No image will surface, the real question is what got covered up whilst we were looking the other way.

I've had fun following this thread though, gave me something to get my teeth into which was kinda refreshing.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ayyylmaooo
i was thinking similar.

all you have to do, to stop image search, is to flip the image, add a black border. wham. its simple in photoshop, i assume you can do it simple for free on an image editing program.

you can also change it from a jpeg to a png or something.

the only reason this story is great is because they shut down 4chan, so someone that night posted stuff no one else was supposed to see.

maybe it was the solution for cold fusion. now we got crazy legends to follow because who knows what it was or what it was not.

the only facts are 4chan got shut down.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: digitalf

pm'd you

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

For the record..

You get people repeatedly posting images of freakishly mutilated bodies, from crime scenes. These images stay up, more often than not. It's usually left to board members to police themselves as you can delete your own images AND other people's images. Well you can apply to have them deleted anyhow..and from experience this always does the job.

I know, as I do opt to delete these messed up pics that some sickos post..most people don't bother.

/b/ board which I never bothered with due to its reputation of being full of pedos..alledgedly had the same, mods asleep at the wheel, culture.

On /x/ The fake alien pics (along with random images claimed to be aliens) were being posted and then left up for a few seconds or a minute and then deleted by whoever posted them..if your browsing the board when these deletions occur you still see the original image until you refresh your screen or leave and re-enter the thread or whatever...although I usually have to repeatedly return to a thread to check if my post has been deleted, as they tend to stay up way longer than being being quickly deleted.

What was happening is that new posters were showing up in the thread, in the aftermath of deleted images and what they got was a board full of deleted pics, with loads of hoaxers claiming "OMG that's the real pic repost it" blah blah blah..in reference to an empty X'ed out image box.

At the same time other poster were telling the truth about the deletions just being garbage.

But then you have this typical 4chan situation of "who do I trust?..are the people telling me the deleted images were garbage, the shills? or are the people hyping deleted images shills?" "Or are there shills on both sides?" Answer..yes.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Lets put some oil on the fire.

Anyone remember this video? Does it look some kind familiar, They sure are lookalikes in some way?
edit on 0b09America/ChicagoSun, 26 Feb 2017 11:34:09 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 26 Feb 2017 11:34:09 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This thread is brilliant. .. there hasn't been one as fascinating since that federal beast one a few months ago ... makes me wonder if they aren't connected in some weird way ?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is very strange and the original pic just vanished into thin air. There is no definitive proof that comfirmes that. All i could find are recreations or flat out fakes. A lot of confusion but nothing concrete. I looked at all of the pictures i could find but nothing nauseated me or made me feel ill. I have no clue if this is some marketing ploy or it was in fact the real deal. Damn i always miss the good stuff. I'm curious if this mystery gets solved in the upcoming days though.

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

lets put some oil on the fire.
Anyone remember this video? Does it look some kind familiar, They sure are lookalikes in some way?

Is the right pic the deleted one?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Semidemigod

Got a link to that?

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

The right pic is the undebunked picture that is said to be a low quality render that survived the mass deletion filter

I have an alternate of it and have no idea why I seem to be the last person with a copy of it but I'm going to try to keep it safe I'll Pm it to anyone

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join