It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have to shut up about the Mandela Effect. Sorry, I won't.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: droid56

Let me elaborate.
Where Australia and South America are is hugely different than where they used to be.
If you disagree, you either haven't been paying attention, or you have always been here.

I was never anywhere else.

Go home, you missed the bus dude...

crikey...

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This has been going on for many many years....I noticed the Bernstein deviation long long ago.

This is no timeline or dimensional......this is online information manipulation by A.I.

This is evidence of algorithmic impacts.

Dont sweat it.....just the usual suspects trying to rewrite history online....they almost have all the books destroyed now...so they are stepping up their efforts.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

It's not that Australia has moved. It's more that there are 2 Australias. And 2 mes.
Maybe more.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Would be helpful to the ME argument: if an airplane or naval navigator, or Captain, would come forward with the same opinion. Of course all of his old charts would show the new reality, and not his remembered one. He would probably be putting his career in jeopardy, so might wait for retirement.

For the ME critics: the ME can't be proven, so please stop looking at it that way. Don't compare a ME experiencer's memories to your own, as you can obviously see that they don't match. You and they know that.
Expand your minds, and consider that nothing is as it seems anyways.

Sure there is a quality of memory question, and a possibility of trolling, but also some very sincere folks, who just can't comprehend why their memories don't match-up with this current shared reality.
Unfortunately: many of them have been relegated to silence, by passive, and not-so passive bullying.
Stop the bullying, and let them have their say, and try to come to terms with the weirdness they feel.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

a reply to: savemebarry

It's not that Australia has moved. It's more that there are 2 Australias. And 2 mes.
Maybe more.

Only problem is for things to be similar shape in todays world the same effects would have to exist that created them. So matter which reality your in if there is an australia and it looks the same it would have to be in the same place. This is effect also wouldnt be selective such as changing only one line in a movie. Realize we would be talking to different writers from different worlds large parts of the movie would change. So what can explain these minor changes simple bad memory.

People have this all the time the other day i swore i set my keys by my TV i was sure of it. Searched everywhere only later to discover in was still by my alarm upstairs. Did my keys jump to another dimension? i doubt it more likely when i was upstairs changing i set them there and had forgotten all about it.
edit on 2/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I tend to be very skeptical of anomalous phenomena, especially those relating to memory, at least to the extent that I can't assert that what people say is happening really is. (Of course, I can't assert for a fact that memory error and psychology fully account for it either, mind you. I don't know.) Memory can be extremely faulty, even in mass groups, across many demographics, ages, and cultures.

That said, I would never want anyone to "shut up" about anything they wish to discuss, here or elsewhere. I welcome such topics and find them endlessly fascinating, especially on ATS. I do think it's extremely interesting, whether it's simply a matter of memory error (as I lean towards, but cannot assert outright,) or something more. I think we can at least all agree that in either scenario, it's fascinating.

The one example provided that trips even me up though, is the Dolly not having braces instance. I definitely clearly recall her having braces. I recall that being the entire joke and reason for Jaws falling for her. I've read reviews (that still exist) that say she has braces, and yet... they appear to be nowhere to be found. And there seems to be no evidence of (publicly) digitally altering the film. So that one does definitely pique my interest.

Not enough for me to say I believe there is a multidimensional event behind it, or a rewriting of history for other unknown purposes underway... as I said, I'm skeptical, and it's conceivable a lot of people saw the film and assumed she had braces even when she didn't... but enough to make me say, "Well that's very strange."

I also remember some of the other "realities" people suggest as evidence of this phenomenon, however I am aware of the fallibility of my own memory, especially when it comes to precise details of long past events or works, so I am not as shocked or dismayed by my incongruous memories as some are, and don't necessarily think it means anything other than memory can be very error-prone.

Anyhow as stated, I'm fascinated by it and curious about it and welcome these topics, even if I am not persuaded of the phenomenon existing (outside of psychology and perception at least.) And as always, I'm open to the possibility something more is at work, even if I'm not persuaded of it myself. I wish people could engage with a topic and consider it, even while not embracing it, without belittling the other party. I'm not threatened by anyone believing this is going on. I just don't share the belief personally.

Peace.
edit on 2/16/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/16/2017 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Well after a year of mandela I came to the conclusion that I dont want to know. Mandela can cause a mild form of psychosis.

That said I've seen several instances of the ME effect that defy any explanation.
In fact science doesn't know how many dimensions our universe has nor can it confirm or deny the existance of parallel universes.

I wont deny that a large part of the ME effect is due to bad memory and the collection of events is much smaller. And real 'research' is necessary however at the moment ATS has more or less become the above trump site and any attempt to discuss theories like ME and FE seems to be ridiculed by the once so openminded ATS community.

However if this reality is a simulation within a larger reality updating and changing the past is very simple. So at the moment i'm inclined to say that our percieved reality is simulated and at least part of the ME effects are due to bugs within the simulation....

The real question is how can we prove that there are more realities (CERN is doing this job right now I think) ?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I always remembered in the Snow White story..."Mirror, mirror on the wall". Never heard the 'magic' mirror version when I was growing up. I'm also with the Berenstein Bear folks. I always remember wondering if it was pronounced Stine or steen. If it were stain, I would never have had to question that as it was easy to pronounce. Also...you know how children are, BerenSTAIN bears well, they would have made fun of that, maybe joking about poopy pants or something. You know how kids are. lol

Though I have not experienced all of the Mandela affects, there are certainly some that I have. I have no personal theories at this time.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

will someone please think of the children

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Perhaps it's as simple as every one individual has their own reality, and it can change as swiftly as the onset of schizophrenia. That said, I'm of the opinion one has to be a special kind of stupid to invest any time in such a nonsense idea.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Planet Earth wasn't half way to the galactic center.

I think I know where you got that we're on the edge of our Galaxy...
You learned/were told we were on the outer edge of the spiral arm right? You took that to mean we are on the edge of the Galaxy itself, when we actually are on the edge of a arm, but not on the edge of the Galaxy. Get it?
www.nasa.gov...

edit on 16-2-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I never feel any of the Mandela Effects. If I remember something incorrectly, I am probably just dumb.

Memories, when reflected upon, change incrementally. Human beings can even create entirely articifical memories and believe them. I haven't really heard of an effect I can get behind.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Australia was not so close to Papua New Guinea.

what do you base this off?

Is this based on maps you have viewed or have you actually navigated the waters between the 2 countries to know its changed?

South America wasn't so far east in regards to North America.

again,

is this based on viewing maps of have you been in orbit on 2 occasions and what you witnessed was different?

Planet Earth wasn't half way to the galactic center.

how did you know where the earth or our solar system was situated in our galaxy before and after you noticed a change?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

ME is something made up so that people can feel like they're special.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, I seem to recall the blond in Moonraker had braces when she first met Jaws, but I don't remember her having braces on the space station. I guess I'll have to watch it again.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

People vary as to their ability to handle information that doesn't exist within the normal reality.
But I existed as a teacher of young children for 30 years, and I saw the Berenstein Bears books many times, and I saw where Australia and South America was.

And I knew where planet Earth was in the Milky Way galaxy.

These things have changed for me. No doubt.
If they haven't changed for you, maybe you have always been here.
It's not that things have changed. It's more that there are TWO realities. Maybe many more.

People wonder why the education system is so messed up, but just look at all the teachers. So many of them are out of their minds.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Berenstein Bears.

I know because I was sat down and had a grown up discussion about race and stereotypes (first time I heard the word, it was explained to me) for me saying, "Why do they have a Jewish name? The mother does not look Jewish..."

It is not memory defects like some bit off a CD-ROM being misread. But you cannot tell that to somebody who has not experienced it--you just don't know how to spell or your memory is wrong (typical answer). I don't give a flying rat's @ss about being special either (lame, seriously). They can't explain the sit down grown up talk I had, so they end up looking stupid (in my eyes).

No reason to shut up about it. Something has changed somewhere and somehow. No idea how or why. But I will not shut up and play along with the sheep... never have and never will. I'm on your side!

*yells* Give me back my Berenstein Bears!!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarumphHarumph
Perhaps it's as simple as every one individual has their own reality, and it can change as swiftly as the onset of schizophrenia. That said, I'm of the opinion one has to be a special kind of stupid to invest any time in such a nonsense idea.

Yeah no sense thinking right? Thinking could cause brain rot right?

So little is known by science yet on the subject but at least they have the brains to think about it no matter how strange it all seems!

How do we know what happens if a particle from our space is sent to another or a billion other possible ways to mess with both time and space.
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.” – Nikola Tesla

www.space.com...

The universe we live in may not be the only one out there. In fact, our universe could be just one of an infinite number of universes making up a "multiverse."

Though the concept may stretch credulity, there's good physics behind it. And there's not just one way to get to a multiverse — numerous physics theories independently point to such a conclusion. In fact, some experts think the existence of hidden universes is more likely than not.

Those of you who don't find it stupid to think, think about this.

Moreover, quantum mechanics tells us that if a transition between two minima is not absolutely forbidden by some law, then it must inevitably happen. This means that all possible transitions between all possible states must happen."

www.space.com...
edit on 16-2-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If none of this agrees with your memory, then you are where you were born.

Exactly. And knowing that makes us correct, and you crazy, or lost in another dimension. So don't get so worked up when folks look at you and smile. Now, if you were to go back to your dimension and bring something back, like a Berinstein Bears book, or a Picture of Dolly with Braces, then we could all see your point. But as of right now, ME = FE which doesn't = reality.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

This has been going on for many many years....I noticed the Bernstein deviation long long ago.

This is no timeline or dimensional......this is online information manipulation by A.I.

This is evidence of algorithmic impacts.

Dont sweat it.....just the usual suspects trying to rewrite history online....they almost have all the books destroyed now...so they are stepping up their efforts.

If you google what year the Berenstein bear's name changed there are image that prove it was berenstein and images that show berenstain

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join