It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have to shut up about the Mandela Effect. Sorry, I won't.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Well said! Many members refuse to even comment in these threads anymore because of the name calling. I have no need to feel special. I am not stupid or schizophrenic etc. Thank you for your reply!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I also have different memories around the "Berenstein" spelling. Different kids and adults (parents and teachers) would pronounce it "steen, "stine" or "stain" because of the spelling. If it had been "-stain" everyone would have known how to pronounce it. As well, I would have been making a great deal of fun about stained pants, etc. Kids are kids. That never happened because it was never "-stain" and my father explained to be it was pronounced "steen" (for the spelling "-stein.) He always seemed to know a bit about the authors and both my parents loved the books at least as much my sister and I did. They were often talked about in my family and referred to in numerous discussions over the years, and my family was always a tight-knit family. Only now, my father claims they were always named "Berenstain." Everyone in my family remember it that way and when I ask about why so many people pronounced it "steen" or "stine" their eyes just of glaze over in thought with no dots connecting (they make no explanation but do not deny that occurring.)

I remember being taught that the earth was roughly in the middle of the galaxy. This was taught to me through images of the earth being shown with an arrow near the middle of the galaxy but also by being told this verbally. It is difficult to say with these Mandela Effects though, as they can change back and forth. For example, I remember being told that the U.S. has 50 states, then told 52, and then 53 or 54. When I say this I mean over a period of time. I would ask the teachers and they would assure me what they were teaching me was correct. I vaguely remember asking my father about one of those changes and he also assured me it was correct. Of course now, via a Mandela Effect shift, it is back to 50 states again. A lot of the Mandela Effects are not very stable and can shift like that, or in some cases occur at later times for some than others. For example, some remember the "Berenstein Bears" changing to "-stain" several years ago, while other young readers swear it had been "-stein" for them up until very recently.

Personally I am not a believer in the alternate realities theory. For me, too few things have changed to give it much weight, and how they fluxurate back and forth creates greater doubt for that possibility. In my opinion we are dealing with a "glitch in the maxtrix" sort of problem. I feel that someone or something is messing with our reality. It almost feels like a test to me, as if someone is experimenting to see if we notice or not. But this has been occurring over such a long period of time, or so we believe. It is possible that it could be a sort of grand practical joke. That idea reminds me of the godly beings often appearing in the original "Star Trek" television series. Roddenberry had the theory that if a conscious being were to have godlike powers it would become much like a petty child emotionally, as it would not be required to grow into sophestication but have so much power to play with. Food for thought anyway.

It's still very much a mystery. I look forward to more thoughts and ideas shared on this topic

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I remember that too. And remember that at some point in my pre-teens watching a Walt Disney Halloween special where that sequence was shown and she said, "Magic mirror." I was confused and annoyed. I remember voicing this to my parents and they didn't seem sure but assured me I must have remembered it wrong. But I shook my head. I knew it was "mirror mirror" and could hear it that way in my head. I still can. When I saw those movies as a child I was engulfed by them. I hung on every word, every action and meaning, and watched those films several times over. I'd even seen that same Halloween special different Halloweens before that one and it had never said "Magic mirror" until that day. "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" was too catchy and memorable to ever forget.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Yup....they are trying to systemiclly get us all to let our guards down and begin to subliminally accept that our versions of the past we lived are fallible....are not concrete...they wish to SOFTEN UP OUR RESOLVE and our CONFIDENCE in how we view our everyday evolving reality to make it easier to seperate and manipulate us all on a global scale.

Look ,we were controlled enmasse by mass publishing of books with controlled content....you couldnt walk into a library with untainted truths since the pillaging of the Library of Alexandria.....we all grew up in a prison of lies.....now the internet has freed us all.

The original Maps we grew up with WERE INTENTIONALLY MISREPRESENTED before we were born.....now they cant change the truths we can find ourselves...so of course places seem to change position because they ARE BUT ONLY IN OUR CONTROLLED TAINTED MEMORYS....so to stop us all from flipping out and coming for revenge and payback for lieng to us all....they are trying to screw with us enmass again....to make us doubt ourselves so we have more difficulty agreeing on any kind of past never mind having the group confidence in the past to go hunting TPTB....lol....

Mandella effect or not.....the people responsible for depriving humanity of technology medicines and knowledge and costing us BILLIONS OF LIVES will be accounted for mandela or not.

Energy....Tesla was screwed....by who?Who did this to support metered priced electricity?And TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF UN-NEEDED GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE?Shipping...who benefitted from artificially maintaining the costliest methods of transport globally???Who?

Medicine....parasitology was suppressed and cancer truths suppressed and other truths suppressed...Royal Rife....who screwed him?

Hemp....who artificially made it illegal for ....personal profit and gain depriving humanity of medicine and of superior industrial material???Who diod this to support fossil fuel use?

Publishing....who has in an organisd manner suppressed HUMANITY for hundreds of years using the power of publishing artificially contrived peer accepted credence and rejecting and suppressing all else??????Who?

History...who has bastardised our humanitarian history to this degree we see now???Who??....because with the internet we can discover WHO IS RESPONSIBLE and we can begin nw wav of SECRET SOCIETIES to preserve this knowledge and to protect it so someone in the future pays for the sins of the fathers ...we must identify and remember the bloodlines of these responsible people and disenfranchise them for GENERATIONS AND GENERATIONS..... the LEGACIES must be erased and this is the way...we leave them alone now...we simply ILUMINATE THEM FOR NOW...and we let the future remediate them in a generational manner erasing all legacies.The fiscal power stolen from humanity will surely be returned one way or another.....end of the world or not....these legacies will not remain. Trump and Putin are on it right now.

Someone has been screwing us all for a very very long time....and now the GLOBAL COMMON MAN is learning via the net what has been done to he and his family and all future families globally....there is now global enemy which is identifiable...and is being exposed more and more daily.
edit on 16-2-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: savemebarry

It's not that Australia has moved. It's more that there are 2 Australias. And 2 mes.
Maybe more.

We're taking over.

Hide your beers !!

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Hey one4all,
I just wanted to tell you that your post was really good (and I agree).

droid56...I have shut up about it. Got tired of arguing with the naysayers.

We rented a new movie last week and Hal Holbrook was in it (looking really rough). I said to my husband, "Hal Holbrook died." Went online and checked.
Apparently HE is now alive still, but his wife Dixie Carter is dead.
A true "wtf" moment for me, because I remembering being sad for her when he died. I used to watch her on "Designing Women". (or did that never happen either now?)

Anyways...just wanted to show some support to those who are experiencing this. I will not be engaging in arguments about my memory.
jacy

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
For what it's worth, while I remain skeptical of it all and tend toward a simple psychological explanation, just in the interest of empathetic solidarity, these are the memories I have:

• It was pronounced "stain" but spelled "stein."
  • C3PO's legs were both all gold.
  • JCPenny never had a second E.
  • It was Oscar Meyer, not Mayer.
  • Kit-Kat used to have a hyphen.
  • Dolly in Moonraker had braces. (That was the whole point of the joke.)
  • Mr. Rogers sang "in the neighborhood."
  • I remember Queen's We Are The Champions ending with "of the world," including on the album version I own and have listened to a thousand times... but it doesn't. (Yet apparently there's a version of it which appears in the end credits of Mighty Ducks that still ends that way, and it appears to be a studio recording. You can find it on YouTube.)
  • It was mirror mirror on the wall, not magic mirror.
  • It was called WHITE out, not Wite out.

Now, personally, I chalk all of these up to memory error, subsequent false memory associations, erroneous quotes or other influences in pop culture that get blended into the original memories, etc. simply because I consider that to be the most likely and simplest explanation.

But... I could never assert that for a fact since I obviously can't prove a negative, so for whatever it's worth... I do share those memories.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

There no convincing some people and some of them are from this time line and that is normal for them. I remember learning about the solar system in school and it was on the very outskirts of the milkyway not in the middle like it is now. I've talked to several friends and family about tissue and I seem to be the only one who remember the old earth. I have also noted differences in personalities here people seem more carefree and open here a good and a bad thing. The theory I believe is that are old earth is going through tribulations now and god choose some people that didn't need to go through that and sent us here to help these people somehow I'm not sure what he wants us to do none of them believe me and seem not to care about much but I will try to help them how ever I can.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Lol I never thought of myself as a dimensional alien before but the more I look at the milkyway galaxy the more I believe I am in a difference dimension not just a different location in the galaxy. Can you imagine how much panic there would be if we could actually prove that I'm and other ME people are from a different dimension it would be like the xmen comics. Honestly though things were almost exactly the same in my reality except the women looked alot better without the broad shoulders and short necks they have now.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Yes I have noticed that here as well people are rude and don't care here. On the old earth the body was more fragile but are brains had a bigger executive functioning center meaning we were able to think logically and with more compassion.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Then you were from this dimension. Have a little compassion for us imagine if you woke up and the world had changed around you everything was spelled different the solar system was in the wrong location and people's anatomy had changed because that what happened to me. I didn't know I was going to arrive here and your sun really sucks here by the way it's to dam bright here. But your bodies are pretty awesome there built like a Sherman tank.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Welcome to the new earth or new dimension. The same but different and people act like ass holes and don't give a #.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Go and look at the solar system location and the habitable zone in this galaxy that is way off from are dimension. Its almost like someone was trying to hide this earth it's surrounded by a giant dust cloud in the middle of the galaxy. Also check out the skeleton system for a human here that's pretty weird looking if you ask me but definitely better designed then are previous one.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beefsquad12
a reply to: zosimov

Yes I have noticed that here as well people are rude and don't care here. On the old earth the body was more fragile but are brains had a bigger executive functioning center meaning we were able to think logically and with more compassion.

Hey, multiple stars from me friend...I like how you think.

I've been up since 2 am, drinking coffee and thinking, lol.

It almost seems like a story I've been thinking about trying to write.
The people having "Mandela Effects" are the only real humans left on Earth.
Everyone else is a clone of their former selves (done in an underground lab, of course)...with tweaks done to their physical bodies...and compassion and empathy removed/blocked from their...minds?

This year has already been so completely negative for me (and many people that I know). The sky is always grey, we get to see the sun maybe once every 2-3 weeks, it's warm and rainy when it should be freezing and snow.
People are telling me that everything feels weird and different. Darker.

I have no idea, no explanation for any of the strangeness that I'm witnessing lately...but this thread has got me interested in discussing it again. (Maybe it's because I'm sick of shutting up.)
jacy

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So I have been looking into quantum physics.
Electrons and other particles only behave as particles when they are being observed by us. Us being humans.
There is a definite possibility this reality is less real than it appears to be.
Holographic possibilities. Way beyond my comprehension.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yes, around the time I learned about the Mandela Effect I noticed that the sky was white (light grey) a lot days now. That is, all white/grey with no sign of cloud or anything. It would be like this when the sun came up and would begin to turn blue later in the afternoon. It did this almost every day for years. Now that I get work nights and get up in the later afternoon I am unaware if this is still happening, but there indeed have been a lot of grey skies. As for mood, a lot of people are noticing that the world is nastier and colder than it used to be. It's hard to say how this may all relate. I'm basically waiting for it to pass onto something different. Hopefully this is some kind of phase and someday we can forget all about this weirdness.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I first heard about the Mandela affect from jacy and then I told you about it. We were both so fascinated and kind of weirded out. Like...what on earth is going on???

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This world could be an incredibly sophisticated computer generated reality.
If this turns out to be true, is the creator good or bad. Does it care about us?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

That's an interesting view of things.

It could all be a matter of perspective though, it's so hard to tell isn't it?

I think this is one of those things we just have to wait and see what happens in the coming years.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

This world could be an incredibly sophisticated computer generated reality.
If this turns out to be true, is the creator good or bad. Does it care about us?

The creator is you playing a game because in that super-reality it's really boring and there's nothing left to do at the end of time in that matrix where the creator is being played by yet another creator, and so on and so forth through infinite creators!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join