It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have to shut up about the Mandela Effect. Sorry, I won't.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah. The thing is, I've had experiences in the Mandela Effect since I was quite young. I would always shrug it off. At the back of my mind it would irk me, but as there was no explanation for it you'd just put it out of your mind. The "Berenstein Bears" title change is what made me face the reality of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

I've got this really awesome photographic memory most of the time, but somehow on every single ME example I'm just like "I honestly don't remember, this is weird and confusing!".

So I really can't say.
My memory is much more fallible on these little details because I never memorized this stuff specifically as I never thought I'd need to remember photo perfect images of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

That's a very interesting possibility. I would say that it might operate a lot like a computer program, but that is just our human way of making sense of it, identifying it to something in our world. It couldn't be a simple software program because of your consciousness being here in a human body, feeling these physical sensations. Also, due to experiences in OBE and the spiritual which I've had. It's not a matter of our bodies lying somewhere while we experience this reality in our minds. Somehow, this reality is very real in its own way and we are sucked into these bodies to experience it as if it is truly real, when actually it isn't.

God or whatever force would be behind such a thing as compassionate. This is hard to say. I sort of feel that the higher power/s are removed from this world. My take is that we come here to experience this completely on our own, to grow through our experiences. If I am right then God/the creator/s would be well intended, like a caring father who sternly forces his son to straighten up and take his job or education or responsibilities more seriously. It's hard but it's in your best interests. However, this reality could be a kind of soul trap. If that were true then everything we experience is meant to distract us, whether in positive or negative ways. Why? It might be possibile that our souls are being harnessed for energy, similar to The Matrix but they would be extracting energy from the soul, not the body. The body would actually be their invention, to trap us. In that case, whatever force is behind this is not the same force which created us as balanced, sane, imaginative and passionate souls. It would be evil. In that case, this world would be evil. But that outlook takes you in an unhealthy direction...

Basically, I try to be true to my heart and look after my soul. The reason for me being here seems beyond me. I do not feel that this world has allowed me much soul growth. It feels more like it's held me back and done everything it possibility could to de-evolve my soul. But, then there are the forest and the ocean. So rich and enchanting. Such things stir and awaken the soul within. The same with music and all forms of art. So, it's confusing.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

After I heard about the Mandela Effect on this website, I experienced a very personal effect. I was born a twin, and the narrative was always that me and my twin sister weren't breast feed by our mother. This changed in later 2014 according to my beloved oldest sister, the family historian who said we received breast milk from mom . My twin sister was as perplexed as I was to hear this new idea that we were breast fed.

The other personal effect I experienced was in mid 2014 when I went on a photo hunt, and passed by a stretch of highway, and I glanced at a left portion and thought, nothing worthy of a photo.

But now that portion of highway now has a tavern that wasn't there then. I realize this has no value for anyone other than me. I just wanted to add it to this thread.

I think I was moved half way through 2014. I doubt those that were moved, were all moved at the same time.
It's a very big mystery.
edit on 24-2-2017 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It's not a matter of our bodies lying somewhere while we experience -- reality WITH our minds.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
a reply to: muzzleflash

So were we on the Sagittarian arm or the Orion spur?

The orion spur. We just figured out we live in a bar galaxy. Before that we assumed we were a spiral galaxy. So you could say the entire galaxy has changed as we learned more .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join