It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

What is the SJW end game?

I'm gonna guess Social Justice.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The democrats are doubling down on stupid huh? I don't think these idiots have realized this is the exact reason they lost. Racism is wrong whether it's against blacks or whites but some people want to assume that racism is only a white thing when in reality its a human thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Very true

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

I think their ultimate goal is the final solution.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Lysergic

Also, they need to have their meals revert back to what slaves ate, and perhaps feel the taste of violent punishment in it's many forms.

They, like almost all of our modern "protesters" do it to make themselves feel better about themselves. They want to feel morally superior and talk about ideals when they stop "protesting". After the "protest" they go post pictures and talk about their expierence on social media and wait for the like minded to praise them.

They don't care about the cause if nobody cares about them caring about it.

Then there are those who just do it for the paycheck.

The real protesters are not at these "protests".

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: Abysha

Looks like a bunch of rich kids trying to out virtue each other.

For a people who always say we are the same race, they seem mightily obsessed about it.

Well that's the funny part. Many SJWs are really privileged, including many people of color who are SJWs.

This reminds me of a woman at work who is like 25. It's her first real job by her own admission. And because I work in a political office, it's crystal clear that she only got her job because her father is a major Democrat "bundler," or organizer of major donors to the DNC. She grew up going to the White House. Her family has pictures of them with the Clintons.

Yet, she lectures me about white male privilege, even though I busted my ass to get to the same office, and have way more experience, age, and education than her, i.e. I earned it more. No family connections got me that job.

edit on 14-2-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
a reply to: Kukri

I think their ultimate goal is the final solution.

Blue I mean red..49 no I mean 67. Damn I hate this game AAarrrrrggggghhhhhh.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
You ever notice the types of people bitching and complaining about the fictional oppression of minorities and women, and some weird "white privilege" racial supremacy in the West never say one word in condemnation of the goings on in Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, Azerbaijan, Laos, Myanmar and The Congo?

I find that strange, actual cases of what they complain about.

But I guess these folks abandoned logic years ago.

Well that's not accurate. A lot of my serious, actually dedicated friends in this vein also work on international issues, i.e. international development and human rights abroad.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

True,

What does the College dems think this is really going to accomplish?

The story said that Aileen Ida pres of collage dems would not give an example of WP.

I wonder why she didn't give even one, because she can't, because she is not invested in this and it is a look at me spectacle.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
a reply to: seasonal

It would be a privilege for anyone of any race to attend this school. Maybe they could sacrifice a year or two of tuition and allow a lowly community college or state school student to attend in their stead.

They only want to be reminded of their privilege. Not do something about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What is the SJW end game?

It depends on which variant. If you mean *real* activists, then it's supposed to be equality and equal opportunity, and addressing the epistemic causes of poverty and oppression. To that end, the real ones don't do stupid stuff like pins but devote their careers to some related field, whether that's building schools for poor people or working in health care for the same. Or, maybe law. Etc. The real ones are serious practitioners.

If you mean the fake ones, and actual SJWs, I think they are actually just ideologues who think they know what is going on but are actually not as informed as they think, and unfortunately have a narrative that leads to the kinds of behavior we are seeing.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

a reply to: Lysergic

Also, they need to have their meals revert back to what slaves ate, and perhaps feel the taste of violent punishment in it's many forms.

They, like almost all of our modern "protesters" do it to make themselves feel better about themselves. They want to feel morally superior and talk about ideals when they stop "protesting". After the "protest" they go post pictures and talk about their expierence on social media and wait for the like minded to praise them.

They don't care about the cause if nobody cares about them caring about it.

Then there are those who just do it for the paycheck.

The real protesters are not at these "protests".

Well that's the problem, you are right, a majority of these protesters want to show up once in a while, maybe post on FB and twitter, virtue signal, and then just go right back and get an MBA and make a ton of money on wall street. That's the difference between slactivists versus serious real practitioners. The practitioners actually do something real about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: c2oden

True,

What does the College dems think this is really going to accomplish?

It helps them measure up to the standard of our parents.

Problem is, our parents (and grandparents) fought some real oppression. Today...its not so much. The oppression that exists has nothing to do with white privilege. It has everything to do with us secluding ghettos away from culture, opportunity, and hope.

White people aren't hired preferrentially. HOwever, people who have wide exposure to culture and ideas, and who have an ability to network with others in a more professional manner, tend to perform better at life. Its that little thing called "hope" that no one seems to have the will or political capital to give.

The only way to fix it is to demolish the ghettos and figure out how to get people to live in more socially mobile situations.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Did we just endure 8 years of white pins, or did we get the paragraph under? After all O was a self proclaimed Comm org, and is that a related occupation?

It depends on which variant. If you mean *real* activists, then it's supposed to be equality and equal opportunity, and addressing the epistemic causes of poverty and oppression. To that end, the real ones don't do stupid stuff like pins but devote their careers to some related field, whether that's building schools for poor people or working in health care for the same. Or, maybe law. Etc. The real ones are serious practitioners.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jkm1864

Yup, and it's sad, because the identity politics are alienating a lot of people, on the left and the right. The Democrats are adopting this, and have been progressively since about 5-10 years ago.

I'm beginning to be convinced that identity politics are being manipulated by the elite to divide the races and genders.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

That makes sense, keep us at each other throats. Easy to continue to keep the eaters eye off the ball.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Did we just endure 8 years of white pins, or did we get the paragraph under? After all O was a self proclaimed Comm org, and is that a related occupation?

Well he did real work in Chicago, whether or not you liked him as president. So in that sense that makes him a practitioner at least at one point. If you include teaching and being a senator, then even more so.

Community organizing is related if you are working on anti-poverty or some tangible end, as some do.

I don't really think Obama himself is responsible for the shift towards identity politics. It was building for over a decade.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
a reply to: jkm1864

Yup, and it's sad, because the identity politics are alienating a lot of people, on the left and the right. The Democrats are adopting this, and have been progressively since about 5-10 years ago.

I'm beginning to be convinced that identity politics are being manipulated by the elite to divide the races and genders.

I think it's pretty obvious that was the intention from the word go.

There's no other reason to push identity politics so hard.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Fraternity and Sorority members wear pins, again... who cares? Are you going to continuously be offended by what 'SJW's" do?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Yup, and quite brilliant if you ask me.

If the oligarchy can keep various races, identities, sexualities, and genders of the working and middle class at each other's throats, then they won't look upwards at the power brokers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join