It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students wear white pins to remind them of white privilege

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Eizabethtown College is where students are wearing white puzzle pieces to remind them of white privilege. It's the college democrat club that thought this was a good idea, it will make the students more introspective about race.
Being introspective is an easily measured thing, so success is surely going to come from this well thought out ides./sarc

Students at Elizabethtown College this month are wearing white pins in the shape of puzzle pieces to remind them of their white privilege.

The campaign was launched over the weekend by the Elizabethtown College Democrats, who say it aims to make students at the small and private liberal arts college in Pennsylvania more introspective about issues of race, especially in their predominantly white region of Lancaster County.

Talking race is often thought to only be open to people of color, says Aileen Ida pres of collage dems.
Ida the brilliant continues to say that whites continually work to a system of oppression unless they work against it. And the white puzzle pieces represent the struggle.

www.thecollegefix.com...
Discussions about race are often perceived as being only open to people of color, but I think it is just as important for white people to partake in conversations about race,” Aileen Ida, president of the College Democrats, told The College Fix via email.

Ida said white people are continually allowing for a societal system of oppression to occur unless they work against it. The white puzzle piece pin represents racial struggles of all sorts

Ida responded to a question of if all whites are privileged with a yes, but declined to give specifics.
The great news is that all colored and flavors of students can wear the stupid pins, it's campus wide.

Asked if all white students are privileged, Ida responded “yes,” but clarified that she doesn’t think all whites are socioeconomically privileged. Ida declined to cite specific examples of white privilege.

She also clarified that it’s not just white students who can wear the pins, that students of all races should take part to start a campuswide discussion that crosses racial divides.

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I need to get a middle finger pin so I remind everyone how much I care about their feelings.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I need to get a middle finger pin so I remind everyone how much I care about their feelings.

You should probably check your priv....oh wait.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

So , Are All the White Jewish Kids there now gonna Wear the Star of David too in an Attempt to Identify themselves to the Rest of the Sheeple there ?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Next the SJWs and black supremacists will want whites to wear something like this:

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yank their Pell Grants for being racist.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Whoa relax there Pepe,

Only Whites of European descent have privilege.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Very nice, I would not do well at these emotionally driven colleges.

I care cause I wear a pin, dumb assery at an absurd level.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Careful that sounds like it is from the 1930's.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's like those gay lance armstrong bracelets.

IMAO.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I Hear Rich Jewish People Have A Lot of Guilt to . Are you descriminating Against them here ? ...Hmm....

link   

This P.C. Crap is Really Getting OLD.........
edit on 14-2-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Whoa relax there Pepe,

Only Whites of European descent have privilege.

Will the armband our puzzkle piece is featured on get to be color coded according to the nation that first spawned our "privileged" whiteness and will they do a DNA test so they can color code by percentage of ancestral DNA, sort of like the South used to accord blackness by percentage of blood?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

It would be a privilege for anyone of any race to attend this school. Maybe they could sacrifice a year or two of tuition and allow a lowly community college or state school student to attend in their stead.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Yikes! That's like the average household salary in the US just to attend a year.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good thing they are going so they can come tell us plebs about our privileges.

We all know how constructive and beneficial that is.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

That was my Point , The P.C. Crowd has now Moved onto Ethnic and Racial Identity Tactics in Order to Push their Tyrannical Agenda .

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Or if their little heads hurt so bad from WP, they should grab the nearest minority and have their parents pay for the minority person to go to school instead of them.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yikes! That's like the average household salary in the US just to attend a year.

That meal plan must be all about steak and seafood at $5,550 for nine months. Wow.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yep this should be squashed by the admin in the school. But maybe the admin are emotional leftists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join