It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It would be/is Illegal.
Has anyone presented evidence yet, to Trump or otherwise?

Hope the probe finds the leakers...that would be pure joy
to see them prosecuted to the fullest.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee said Tuesday that the most significant question posed by the resignation of national security adviser Michael Flynn is why intelligence officials eavesdropped on his calls with the Russian ambassador and later leaked information on those calls to the press.

“I expect for the FBI to tell me what is going on, and they better have a good answer,” said Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, which is conducting a review of Russian activities to influence the election. “The big problem I see here is that you have an American citizen who had his phone calls recorded.

www.washingtonpost.com... rm=.c56db995eea4

That is a big problem.

Even bigger when people attempt to troll away from the question being asked.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Has anyone presented evidence yet, to Trump or otherwise?

Yep see the above post.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: smurfy

Well, let's wait till the White house gets the story straight collectively, Spicer said Trump told him to go, Kellyanne says he resigned.
As for Obama's firing of Flynn, tell us again why he was fired please.

and trump said he did not know anything about it even though he did know 3 weeks ago.
all this admin does is lie and people soak it up

True,
You would think that there is a limit to how much soaking up can be done...unless you are a SpongeBobia..though I guess even there there is a limit. Not here though in this 'special' ATS section

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Leaking classified information , revealing SIGINT is a serious felony.

Code 18 U.S. Code S 798

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Swills

Flynn did not deny speaking with the Russian ambassador, and there was nothing illegal about talking with them.

But if he talked about sanctions and what a Trump administration would potentially negotiate, then yes.

Hence the Logan Act.

That's the issue.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

i dont think there is a limit...

ive seen some dumb ass excuses on these boards recently.
in one of the threads talking about this someone said 'people make mistakes'

and when conway said she was gonna give ivanka a free commercial....thats ok...
she was not on the clock as someone on here said

the trumpets are just feeding on it and buying into it

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

IF people really want to talk about the Logan Act.

Why don't they include CLinton marching out foreign nationals on stage to get people to vote for her?

Better yet why don't those leaks include recorded audio.

Give us the smoking gun.

Or is this another couple pages of a tax return and leaves people to fill in their own blanks with confirmation bias.

edit on 14-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

yeah
instead of talking about trump and his admin lets segue into obama and hillary every chance we get
thats the way

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Why don't they include CLinton marching out foreign nationals on stage to get people to vote for her?

I'm not sure exactly to what you're referring, but based upon the above statement, I don't think you understand the Logan Act.

Thank you for your reply Neo.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The more we hear about this, it looks like this was a political hit job.
I wonder if Flynn knew something that was damaging to the Obama entourage.

edit on 2/14/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I am referring to leak calls between Russia and the so call American spy. Flynn.

Release the audio recordings that prove Flynns guilt.

That's what I want.

What I don't want is aonther few pages of a 1995 tax return as supposed guilt.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If there is an ongoing investigation then there won't likely be any release of transcripts or recordings.

Unless they are...leaked.

But yes, transcripts or audio would be preferable so we can see the extent.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
CNN were virtually high fiving each other last night,they have their first scalp and the MSM are not going to stop until this administration folds or the country collapses-whatever comes first.

You're absolutely right. CNN is trying to get its mojo back under Trump.

Only an incompetent buffoon like Trump can make CNN look good!

Trump doesn’t have one person in his administration with much sense, or ability at all running a government.

This is going to be the most incompetent, reckless administration ever

There's no adults, no one with wisdom, no one with any common sense, or experience in Trump's clique.

edit on 14-2-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: khnum
CNN were virtually high fiving each other last night,they have their first scalp and the MSM are not going to stop until this administration folds or the country collapses-whatever comes first.

You're absolutely right. CNN is trying to get its mojo back under Trump.

Only an incompetent buffoon like Trump can make CNN look good!

Trump doesn’t have one person in his administration with much sense, or ability at all running a government.

This is going to be the most incompetent, reckless administration ever

There' no adults, no one with wisdom, no one with any common sense, or experience in Trump's clique.

I desperately hoped Trump might be a significant change in direction but its now obvious were playing The Apprentice with nuclear weapons.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Since no one has asked it yet.

What is the NSA doing spying on a private citizen.

Flynn was at the time.

THATS ILLEGAL.

If you didn't know, the NSA is not set up to do legal things.

It was established to use all means to find out who is doing illegal things.

Whatever it takes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: smurfy

Well, let's wait till the White house gets the story straight collectively, Spicer said Trump told him to go, Kellyanne says he resigned.
As for Obama's firing of Flynn, tell us again why he was fired please.

and trump said he did not know anything about it even though he did know 3 weeks ago.
all this admin does is lie and people soak it up

There is also this 'little story going back to around 20th July last year,
www.theguardian.com...

So not just Flynn, but also Manafort. Not much surprise then that many in the GOP even then had problems with the outcome of a given agenda to help Ukraine any which way, down to soft aid, basic humanitarian aid really.
Thing is it correlates very closely with the English spy report that did include a favourable report that the GOP would have a softening of atitude towards Russia back then. However, there is no doubt that Trump's men were at a GOP convention when very strong measures against Russia were taken down at that time.
But let's go back a long while. In an 1838 speech in Illinois, a young Abraham Lincoln considered how the United States might fall, asking: “Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never!”
Instead, he warned, “If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.
A good simile today, my only caveat is that Lincoln probably never saw Russia as some, "transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us" back then Russia and America were allies in the American civil war. But who knows exactly what he thought? Tsar Alexander said at the time that the Union was essential to maintaining the world balance of power! That was then, in some ways amazing, yet and all most of the 20th century was consumed by a difference of ideology, from Royalty to Communism to the 'Cold war' and out of it again, now sort of in it and out of it, with Trump's shenanigans which has nothing to do with ideology of the past, it's about the shinola.

edit on 14-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
From what I understand.

The NSA was tapping the Russian diplomat's lines and his communications with Gen Flynn were recorded incidentally.

Why Flynn's talking to the Russian diplomat is a big deal? I don't know. In 2008 Obama didn't even wait until after the elections to send people to talk to the Russians.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Soooo....

It's a vast left wing conspiracy then?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh.... and "sources," say this.

Because we all know how trustworthy anon "sources," are.

This is probably disinformation from the right.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join