It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Weekly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I really like this idea, although I think an email newsletter is a lot more doable than a paper one. another idea, in addition to those mentioned, is kind of an "ATS primer" email that goes out to new subscribers as a welcome email. (that is, if it lands up being email and not dead-tree.) something kind of laying the groundwork for the issues that crop up regularly, and outlining who we are and why we're here.
oh, and a good idea would be to make the stuff covered in the newsletter short. if need be, link them to longer articles on a website. this may just be me, but I don't have a ton of attention span to devote to my emails, and two short paragraphs that I actually read carry a lot more punch than a full page that I skim.
anyway, that's just my two cents. anything I can do to help, I'm definitely willing.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
first, we will send it to people who've subscribed here on ats. then, we can get those people to send it to people they know, like a bunch of their friends and stuff. then they can spread it around too. i am just throwin out ideas here.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
How about a Horrorscope? That might just be the gimick to make ours unique.

Just think, every person that misspelled horoscope in a search..... would be ours!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have been thinking on this recently, and wonder what
would make great content.

Takeing into concideration, of what William stated.

Originally posted by WilliamThe goal would
be a two-page newsletter containing:
1 lead article
2 minor articles
1 story on the hottests threads of the week
1 member close-up
1 story on funny moments in the forums during the week.

I feel that as members of ATS everyone has a valid opinion as to how a paper could be written. Ideas on stories, special topics, and current events are what I believe will make this paper work and be great! If anyone is interested in submitting ideas, please feel free to post just about anything. As long as it can be seen as something valid to the content of the site.

Right now I am mostly concerned about stockpileing of possible articles so that some content is at hand. Please submit any and all posts pertaining to this thread here. If real time conversation is required for discussion on the possible paper, u2u me and we can hit the Pub.

Thank you for replying to this post.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
depending on the sensitivity of the information i dont think naming sources is a good idea

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I know a way to get stuff spread easily. Find someone who is really high up in warez. If they distribuit it to all of the people in warez millions and millions of people will see it.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Mission =

1. To promote awareness of the ATS community?

OR

2. To promote awareness of certain alternative views and conspiracy theories, for the benefit of people without computer access?

I would be an interested reader, but my best advice would be:

"Stick to your knitting."

How is William's awareness-raising "Banners in Public, Highly Visible or Bizarre, Hard To Get To Places" campaign going, anyway?

What's going on with the Round Two debates?

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
To awnser your question;

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I believe it would be benificial in spreading or createing public awareness.

As for the debates, I believe they would make a great highlight in the possible paper.

Originally posted by seedy_sid
depending on the sensitivity of the information i dont think naming sources is a good idea

A seperate part of the paper could have a "independant publications" page.
Reliability of the paper, and credibility are what will seperate this from others. Contraversial as a paper like this could be, I feel haveing good sources will be an advantage.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Advisor

I appreciate your answers.

1. I still have to clarify, awareness of what? Is it to bring awareness of ATS to people who haven't visited, and help them to be part of the community? Or is it to bring awareness of important conspiracy theories to people without computer access, who won't become members of the ATS community? (I am kind of leaning towards you meaning the first case).

2. Well, the debates aren't going as smoothly as Round One. People get busy. People even lose interest in things sometimes. That's what I mean by "stick to your knitting", do what you're good at. If there is an editorial team on a regular unpaid assignment, there's a lot of work, and it could quite regularly go the way of the Round Two debates.

Don't get me wrong, I'm optimistic (and 'experienced').

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ATS shouldn't really be a place for people to hurry and have a schedule for. But ...it happens of course.

With the variety of current events and ongoing conspiracies, I honestly feel that ATS is a good source of and for "public awareness" in general. That's the primary reason I even found ATS, by searching for current news. I know many people don't have computers, or acces to reliable news. With bs like FOX and worse floating around, it's easy to see that a paper consisting of global topics, contributed to globally is better than local floaties.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Maybe give a comprehensive over view of ATS, it's attributes, linkage (hence, advertising) and publish this as an international community discussion forum.....

There is a sports paper ( dedicated to college athletics) in my community that is free at one particular grocery, yet you can get it mail delivered by subrcription for a monthly fee of $5.95
Depending on the time of year, it is a weekly to monthly paper.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How does that sound for a title of the possible paper?

I am still open to any thoughts and contributions that members may have for this.

Maybe I should just start a blog...

Also, if this thread gathers enough ideas, polls can be started on what to use as material or decide on a Paper title. I am more than willing to work with any and everyone who would like to put in thier $0.02 worth.

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I like the idea of a ATS newspaper, but the idea for a radio station is better. We could keep up with Jeff rense and Art Bell!! Maybe Simon or William could release a book just like the Admin of the black vault. That would make more publicity too...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not that the idea is bad, FAR from it. Many have dicussed the possibilities of media outreach. Time and content are key elements of radio, same as a paper. Only thing is besides a few interested parties, volunteers and myself it's been slow going to try and get this or anything on it's feet let alone toes!

Not to say this thing should just lift off and be gone like a harrier, lets just say support is sporadic, the replies to this are proof enough. But also proof of those who like the possibility.

Paper, radio station, e-mail letter or any other form of communication requires a support staff, at the very least. Now that work slowed down for me again, I hope to get my hands dirty and see this through. Hopefully not too much happens for distractions...

posted on Aug, 18 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I�m in the publishing business and have access to a complete press shop. Printing is cheap. Paper and shipping paper is not. If any of you are serious I can provide you a cost estimate.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross ...and not extravagant in attacking any one party.

Hmmm...Maybe this is why I shouldn't seek to volunteer to help out with the newsletter...After all, I'd be most likely to blast *all* parties extravagently...

...Now that I think about it, maybe that may be the *best* reason for me to volunteer...

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Bloody hell, this could become a franchise!!

above top secret tv...ect ect you could put videos on the website and everything...( anything i ever make filmwise, or exclusive photos of ufos, anything parranormal, i will give ats an exclusive on it, ive allways said this..)

damn im not going to be here till after christmass, im leaving again in the next few days...

i have college qualifications in desktop publishing and graphic design..so if you want some help i can offer with general layout editing, and some photoshop stuff,

im not bad in photoshop, and i know how to produce newspapers/flyerss ect ect in abode pagemaker, quark xpress...

i could send admin a portfolio in an e-mail....

im not going to be here.... but in 6 month or so... if im needed just ask me... ill do a few hours work a week free.. as long as it aint over more than about 5 hours a week...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
My thoughts on this..

Content: I don't really think any of the target audiance, would give to rat #s about "featured members" or "stupid post of the month!". If the point of this is to get people to read about conspiracy theories stick to that. Can any of you honestly say, that some stranger who's never heard of ATS is going to care who made the dumbest post on a forum they've never heard of? So I think that should be kept out...

Format: The letter should be one page, possibly 10-12 font.. column'ed I guess... with a few choice articles on, and a small banner that says ATS EXPRESS in greytones*. Possibly put the web address, and put one of those Subcribe to Newsletter links on the front page, easy to find.. so that if anyone does see it, and likes it they can come here, sign up and get it via E-mail every week/month whatever. And then I spose you in the E-Mail version you could put in featured members ect.

Distribution: This could actually be easy.. just whoever in the ATS community feels like it, prints up however many copies they want, and delivers them annoying resteraunt add style. Walk around and stick em wherever you want (I know this is impossible for a few, since they are so paranoid they don't leave their house
) *The reason for greytones only, no color is.. well color cartridges are kinda expensive, black and white, not as much

This in my opinion would be the best way to advertise..
It gets it to a some people that probably don't know about it each week/month. With only voluntary costs by the community members. If you get enough members to print up enough and just shove them in peoples windshields or mailboxes ect.. that could add up pretty quick.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
to a weekly ATS publishing.

I would even contribute real cash funds to the developing project

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That is exactly the kind of thing we need to hear. It sounds to me as though you have a pretty good idea of how things should look. I like your thought pattern, please comment more when you can.

This paper has potential to become very enlightening if it reaches openminded people. Keep these ideas rolling in, and to the person who said they would pay to see a paper rolling, I would also. I would pay for ink, paper and possibly more if this site pulls together and functions. But since it is only an "idea" or in the planning, mass production won't be an issue.

Further, thank all of you for exspressing your interest, lets see if we can gather some topics and ideas. That is whats going to make the paper.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join