It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Canadians are proud of our diversity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You clearly are admitting that Canadians have higher IQ,

I agree with this statement.

I have spent time in canada. been to Toronto, Barrie, The Soo, Wawa.
Seemed about the same as Michigan, except currency and the weird flavors of Lay's chips

Can you source you diverse city arguments?
Toronto is the only city I see in articles I am looking at. The US has San Franscisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Houston, Miami, Washington DC according to my quick google searches.

I agree, It is much easier to intergrate people together when the immigrants are an average IQ of 105-110.

Lol omg. Barrie? Where the hell is the Soo, Wawa? Never even heard of that place. So you're telling me you've only been to parts of Toronto and Barrie (which is pretty "white" compared to Canadian standards) and some rural town I never even heard of? Sigh..

Michigan really?

I'm am not going to waste my time sourcing anything to you anymore, for what? There is nothing more that needs to be said and you are trying so hard to vindicate your beliefs.

I still can't believe you said Barrie and then some other town I've never heard of.
Lol no wonder you think what you do.. I'm trying my hardest not to be condensing but it's getting pathetic man..

Since you love google, here.

Start with these:

Vancouver, Alberta, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Winnipeg

Remember our population is only 36 million and if you love statistics and sociology, you would understand a smaller community with higher diverse numbers means what?

Lastly I keep telling you the most important part is not measurable, only experienced.. it's called Culture

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

And yours sounds like a nice fluffy fairy tale.

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I think you got the notion that I'm trying to say diversity is so awesome and you guys need to do it or something. I've already said in this thread I'm for more vetting and I don't disagree with Trump. I said it has to be done right if you're going to do it.

Let me just paint a picture for you to try and make this more clear for you.

California 38 mill
Canada 36 mill

We are already more diverse than California as a whole but you bring up a few cities that barely make up your entire population. You see where I'm going with this? Why don't you take your country as a whole and see the percentages as a whole? And see if you can still come to the conclusion of "Canada doesn't experience diversity like the US"

There's a reason you've been stuck to google but you've yet to find a source to back up all this rhetoric.. not because it's hard to find but maybe it doesn't exist? I've opened up Google one time since the beginning of our debate and that was only for the Detroit link..
edit on 7-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Perhaps some do not like to wallow in negativity..if you only see negative it is what you will experience.
Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

Well then, you can take heart that such things exist. Of all the Muslims you have met and spent any time with, how many were crazy-arse Jihadists?
Or the consideration might be, who made it their business to put the fear of foreigners in you? Ask yourself why?

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It ain't just me...here's a piece out of a local-ish paper.
Peterborough mosque surrounded with love

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Let's put this argument to rest... this is from the CIA World Factbook on Canada

People and Society :: CANADA
Population: 35,362,905 (July 2016 est.) country comparison to the world: 39
Nationality:
noun: Canadian(s)
adjective: Canadian
Ethnic groups:
Canadian 32.2%, English 19.8%, French 15.5%, Scottish 14.4%, Irish 13.8%, German 9.8%, Italian 4.5%, Chinese 4.5%, North American Indian 4.2%, other 50.9%
note: percentages add up to more than 100% because respondents were able to identify more than one ethnic origin (2011 est.)

So, the majority of population isn't Canadian.

United States

People and Society :: UNITED STATES
Population:
323,995,528 (July 2016 est.) country comparison to the world: 4
Nationality:
noun: American(s)
adjective: American
Ethnic groups:
white 79.96%, black 12.85%, Asian 4.43%, Amerindian and Alaska native 0.97%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.18%, two or more races 1.61% (July 2007 estimate)

note: a separate listing for Hispanic is not included because the US Census Bureau considers Hispanic to mean persons of Spanish/Hispanic/Latino origin including those of Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican Republic, Spanish, and Central or South American origin living in the US who may be of any race or ethnic group (white, black, Asian, etc.); about 15.1% of the total US population is Hispanic

Just for fun, here's Mexico - which is a fellow Norh Americican nation:

Mexico

People and Society :: MEXICO
Population:
123,166,749 (July 2016 est.)
country comparison to the world: 12
Nationality:
noun: Mexican(s)
adjective: Mexican
Ethnic groups:
mestizo (Amerindian-Spanish) 62%, predominantly Amerindian 21%, Amerindian 7%, other 10% (mostly European)
note: Mexico does not collect census data on ethnicity (2012 est.)
Languages:
Spanish only 92.7%, Spanish and indigenous languages 5.7%, indigenous only 0.8%, unspecified 0.8%
note: indigenous languages include various Mayan, Nahuatl, and other regional languages (2005)

Conclusion? Canada is most diverse but what it shows is that the US population tends to identify as Americans. In other words, we don't even have a significant number that consider themselves as "other" as in Canada. I myself am living proof of that. I was not born in the US but I'm as proud as any native born American to be American, by god!

I sincerely hope the Canadians participating on this thread who distrust Google statistic will accept the CIA Factbook.

edit on 2-7-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

How do you know those Immigrants are hanging Canadian flags off their mail boxes and windows because they're proud?

They could be doing that to divert attention away from their jihadi ways and blend in.

There's a house full of Greys two blocks down with a huge Broncos flag hanging off their balcony

But I aint stupid
edit on 2/8/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah, well you're a bunch of useful idiots for the globalist agenda. How's them apples?

More vile self-righteous virtue signalling no good pinko liberals. Hope you like the rape and crime your multicultural utopia will bring.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
Yeah, well you're a bunch of useful idiots for the globalist agenda. How's them apples?

More vile self-righteous virtue signalling no good pinko liberals. Hope you like the rape and crime your multicultural utopia will bring.

Back to /pol/.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

Facts and statistics > self-righteous posturing and brainwashing.

All these liberal utopias will be burning war zones in a few decades. Muslim enclaves will declare their sovereignty and the daughters of all the Canadian mangirls will be raped and forcibly converted.

That is the trajectory they're currently on. We can already see this happening on a smaller scale in all Western countries with Muslim no go zones.

Although Canada has somewhat of an advantage over other Western countries since there's more East Asian immigrants than in other Western countries. Seems like Canada is looking to become a Chinese colony instead. Don't worry, when the Chinese take over and there's no other functional Western governments to turn to they'll simply genocide the Muslims for you people.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

Merely reading this reactionary, sensationalist diatribe almost gave me Asperger's.

Assuming that any of your prophecy did come true, do you honestly think that these Muslim radicals would be able to overthrow every major military in the Western world? Not only the military, but the gun-owning civilians as well. While Canada may not have one of the most sensible immigration policies in the world, admittedly, we still aren't cucked on the same level as Germany, Sweden, France, or England for that matter.

As for Asians, their children integrate well into our society and have never posed much of a problem as far as I can tell. This isn't so much 'taking over' as it is merely blending into society just like children of all previous immigrants did.

I certainly wouldn't classify this as 'taking over':

edit on 8-2-2017 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

No, I don't think they would succeed but you people would be stupid enough to give them the chance to try. Which will happen no matter how many millions of pansies stand in front of mosques holding lame signs about love(clearly gay).

Because a future war in the streets is worth bragging about diversity for. This thread is sickening the way you people are fighting about who's country is the most diverse, as if that was anything but a negative. Science agrees: multicultural societies are inferior in every way to homogeneous societies. FACT! I dare you to refute this fact.

They'll drag the Western world down into a quagmire of sectarian fighting and overburdened welfare systems. It'll all collapse, we are already seeing the signs. Maybe not in Canada because you guys are so lovey dovey.

No actually Canada DOES have one of the most sensible immigration policies, at least as far as the West is concerned. Yes, compared to countries like Germany and Sweden it's downright brilliant. You actually have demands, you take the cream of the crop. That might go a little ways in explaining why the Canadian situation isn't as volatile and disastrous as certain other Western nations.

But in the end you will lose, because multicultural societies were designed to fail. And I know this because the elite actually talk quite openly about their plans, decades and decades ahead of time. You want to refute this? Explain Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi and the origins of the EU. I'll wait, I've never even gotten an answer from a liberal on this issue and trust me I've tried.

As for the Chinese. How about this:

www.eurocanadian.ca...

And I don't really have a problem with Chinese people. In fact I think they are more deserving of Canada than white people are since whites lack all dignity and self-respect. Such weakness needs to be punished. At least the Chinese would do something out of the land which wouldn't be the case if it was overrun with Muslims.

You think I'm racist? Well whoopty doo, I don't give a rat's ass. I'm a misanthropist, not a racist. And whites really are the worst people on the planet. Well, self-righteous and brainwashed liberal whites specifically. There's something really, really wrong with white people. Almost schizophrenic. The folk soul is so damaged and f*cked in the head whites went from the worst racists on the planet to the most self-hating people on the planet in less than a 100 years. This inversion is almost Satanic... Scratch that, it is fully Satanic.

Just watch the agenda unfold. Watch liberal whites fight tooth and nail for their own extinction, and watch the white race go to war with itself. Then watch them genocide all of Europe's Muslims as they're simultaneously invaded by the rest of the world for being racists. Well, just one of many disastrous potentialities. The point is: there's no turning back now, the war is already on. You can be certain of that. The sick cancer that has lodged itself in the collective consciousness of the white race from decades of Marxism propaganda will be excised with extreme prejudice or there'll be no more white people.

I laugh at the naivete of people that can't see this coming. The writing is on the wall. It's getting really, really obvious at this point.

And this is the exoteric analysis. You wouldn't ever believe the esoteric one.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Try to be a little intelligent, THINK.

Strong support for Shariah in Canada (which is a LIE propogated by vile disgusting people).

By Kris Sims, Atlantic Bureau

First posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 07:43 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:54 PM EDT

www.torontosun.com...

Some people are idiots and go through life thinking everything is good and happy and haven't an f'ing clue.

The Art of War. Ever heard of it? Of course not, because you live in fairy land.

Sharia law is not based on religion. It's based on a CULT, and has no place in Canada what so ever, wake up!

Or how about this one.

Canadian Parliament Condemns Free Speech
www.zerohedge.com...

Johnny Canuck, my guess is, that if you ever had to go to war, you'd be the first one captured by the enemy for trying to toss flowers and shake hands with the 'enemy'. You wouldn't last an f'ing day.
edit on 8-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm glad you're not stupid, because half of Canada appears to be just that. STUPID.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Waaaaaaa??? Since when is "Canadian" an ethnic group?

Aren't people allowed to be "White" or "European" in Canada?

So if I or my family goes to Canada for a holiday, we instantly become "Canadian"?

What do the Real Native Canadians think of this?

I love Canada btw.....its like Australia, but with snow, and without beaches.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

We Canadians are proud of our diversity.

Hooray!! So happy for you all!!

Now then, why am I supposed to care? Sounds a lot like many places in the world, where folks of all stripes get along swimmingly.

Certain portions of a population may not like it, but for the most part they're ignored as being the insignificant haters that they are.

Now, why is this a thing, again?

Silliness. It's quite apparent that the OP knows little to nothing about "conservatives", but only what he/she hears and watches on the thirty second sound bites on TV.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I was reminded of this thread when I went shopping this week.
Others in America will relate....

Looking around, all I see is diversity.

In stores, there are signs everywhere in both English and Spanish. This is not just things like bathroom signs. The signs on the shelves describing products, signs saying what is in each aisle, and signs everywhere.

Muslims in their traditional garb were a common sight, as usual. Our city has the third highest population of Syrians in the country.

There were a few Indian women with their traditional dress and bindi.

I don't think I have to even mention that whites, asians and blacks are also in the mix.

People in traditional Amish gear were not at this particular mall, but there are other stores around where they are commonly seen. One large store they frequent even has a section in the parking lot for horse parking.

I got into an elevator with a mother and daughter who were talking excitedly in Spanish... well actually everywhere people were talking Spanish, sometimes it seemed more-so than English.
Other languages are also commonly heard.

It was in the slow ride in the elevator that I was reminded of this thread and started to chuckle as I thought about all of this (which I otherwise would have taken for granted).
You know what Canada? THIS is America. This is totally our NORM, and we take it for granted.
In our everyday life, we live in peace.
People from every nationality are welcome. As long as we can be sure that they come in peace.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think 'diversity' [or let's face it: the acceptance of all cultures - apart from your own... ], leads to segregation.
I had a conversation with hubby the other day about a Pakistani girl [24] I used to work with. She was lovely and we were even invited to her wedding, that's how much we hung out together.
Here comes the shocking bit.

During one break, we were talking about TV and of course at some point our [almost] daily soap Eastenders came up. Some like it, others loath it and a lot don't care but they all KNOW about it, because it is on almost every day on the BBC.

She had never even heard of it and was genuinely puzzled. I could understand if she had come from Pakistan a year ago or something like that, but she was BORN and BRED in the UK. 24 years worth of going to school, study etc and never heard of EE nor did she ever read about it.
I asked her of course how that is possible and she had a good answer.

She had never watched British mainstream TV, nor has she read any British magazines. She wasn't allowed to.

Can you imagine living in a country you have absolutely no interest in? I can't. Unless I hate everything about that country apart from the educational opportunities and safety.

That is not multicultural, that is isolating every culture to a point they know nothing about each other. This leads to tribalism, which we all know leads to conflicts due to having no common interests.

Forceful integration of newcomers to an established and working country is necessary. Learn language, learn about our ways at school, no special treatment. They can keep some of their culture but should mainly participate in everything their new home has to offer. The result would be people who sing from the same sheet but with interesting cultural bits and pieces that the natives will be interested in as they don't pose a danger to their own, established culture in their own country.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadMoonJester

My best response to this racist garbage is to remind you that genetics tells us the future is brown. Have a nice day.

Try to be a little intelligent, THINK.

Actually, I do think. A lot. For instance, I think that the Toronto Sun is a newspaper for stupid people. But I digress.
I also think that there are a lot of people out there who are being played like cheap fiddles, getting all ginned up about stranger danger, and they don't have a #ing clue.
They'd be a lot better off taking a look around them to try and figure out when they were first fitted with those scat-coloured glasses...and asking 'cui bono?'
You know...try to be a little intelligent. THINK
edit on 8-2-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: it seemed like a good idea.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join