It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Canadians are proud of our diversity

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:
(post by DeadMoonJester removed for a manners violation)
(post by LuXTeN removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
genetics tells us the future is brown. Have a nice day.

Hate to break it to you but you're decades behind the times. The 'Bullworth theory' is so 90s. It was never much about science to begin with and is now known to be objectively wrong. It was based on simple math and 'it must be so' logic and not at all on human behavior or biology or any objective verification of the hypothesis. It was wishful thinking.

You can check it out for yourself when you feel like it, but the short version is no, we are not heading for a future where everyone is bisexual and brown, at least not if people get to make their own choices. Why not? Because that would be a monoculture, a regression to the mean, highly vulnerable to viruses and bacteria, and the destruction of all the genetic diversity nature created over the course of human history. Women, as a whole, make choices that intuitively avoid such outcomes, as is the case for all sexually selective organisms. Differentiation, not homogenization, is genetic diversity.

The good news for the left, should they choose to accept it, is that it's best left to individual choice anyway, even if the results won't be the brownish monoculture fantasy some of them had. Some people do go against the general population trend and it's their niche and there's nothing wrong with it overall, from a genetics perspective.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
but when it is so hard to get into a country legally when I am bringing a skill set and money, and a desire to join the culture...

economic refugees though do the paper work and get in line.

Irish man moving to Germany to make more money whining about economic refugees... lmao!!

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Canada has official languages in its constitution. In Canada one MUST learn English and / or French. More than 99% of countries have official language(s). In the US the problem is that the constitution does not specify an official language, so new immigrants may choose not to learn English. Down the road that could be problematic if society loses its cohesiveness.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

I find it humorous and quite ironic that you apparently celebrate diversity, but feel this need to identify as Canadian and declare your Canadian pride at how diverse Canada is.

It makes me think of oil and water...you pour them both into a glass and they want to mingle and become one so bad, but they still somehow manage to remain separate because they simply cannot help it.

Tell me, is it just the Canadians in Canada that are diverse? What about the object of your wonderful diversity? Immigrants, for example. Are they not also diverse?

If diversity is so common among so many nationalities, why do you feel that your particular diversity is special and unique enough to shout about in a thread?

Lot's of anomalies.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've been hearing reports from Canada that the number of illegals crossing the border into their country is on the upswing. Wonder how they will deal with that? Could end up getting flooded with people escaping the USA. I don't think they have the resources to build a wall.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It has gotten to epic levels of smugness and self congratulations, now.

Liberal values are no longer attributes that are part of ones character as much as they are claimed and worn with pride like a badge or a tattoo.

Remember when modesty was an admired attribute? Remember when people did good things because it was part of who and what they were and not because they wanted a pat on the back for it?

People just tell you now...YOU don't have any EMPATHY but IiiiiIIII DO because IiiiiiiIII'mmm LIBERAL! Iiiiii'm a GOOD PERSON!

I wonder what type of person craves such validation....the affirmation that, yes, yes I am a good person.

I'm bad at chess but my dad is amazing at chess, he always beats me. I'd like to one day beat him and gain his approval, that day when I take him down and he looks at me and says - well done, son. You finally did it!

And IiiiiiII'll be SO PROUD! Because it'll be at that point I realise I am actually good at chess, when I beat my old man.

Yeah...approval is a strange desire, people tend to desire approval for the attributes they don't have...when the approval is granted and is genuine, the desire goes away.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Once an immigrant is finished the immigration process, they are Canadian too.
So both Canadians and those still going through the immigration process are diverse.

As far as the diversity being special - we just want to all get along with each other.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Once an immigrant is finished the immigration process, they are Canadian too.
So both Canadians and those still going through the immigration process are diverse.

As far as the diversity being special - we just want to all get along with each other.

Lol, yeah.

You just did the mental equivalent of a cartwheel followed by two front-flips and ended with a triple backwards somersault.

You should be proud of that as much as you are of your self-proclaimed liberalism and diversity.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I just thought that we're really good at getting our immigrants to consider themselves Cdn.

But I'm gonna go reward myself for the triple backwards thingy 🍻

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

You are good at it.

If people are willing to pack up andmove to another country, whether they choose Canada or not, they still made a conscious decision to go and live with foregin people in a foreign country.

You sort of implied that immigrants only really become diverse when they finally make the transition into becoming Canadian. I don't think that's a fair assumption, I'd say the majority of people are probably already pretty tolerant and diverse if they're willing to make such a life changing transition.

What even is Canadian? For someone born in Canada it's their heritage, home and birth-right. That's a Canadian.

An African living in Canada is essentially an African living in Canada. Calling them Canadian is simply giving them status, a label - it doesn't bestow them with any personal attributes or characteristics.

So you think that being identified as a Canadian somehow makes you better or something? You seem to think being Canadian somehow makes you superior, like you're only actually tolerant and diverse with regards to other Canadians who have the same international status as you.

I don't think becoming' Canadian actually changes anyones position with regards to diversity or liberalism.

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So you think that being identified as a Canadian somehow makes you better or something? You seem to think being Canadian somehow makes you superior, like you're only actually tolerant and diverse with regards to other Canadians who have the same international status as you.

No. It doesn't make us superior. I've pondered what other countries would be like to live in, and I've thought about Australia, Iceland, the Scandinavian countries, Scotland (my ancestors)...I'm not stuck on "being Cdn".
If I moved to Australia and became a citizen, I'd consider myself an Australian after awhile, who came from Canada. I have a cousin there, I consider her Australian. She's lived there a few years.
Semantics.

I meant about our immigrants being diverse, is just that. They come from a China, Phillipines, Middle East, etc.
It's just a variety of people from different places.
If an African comes to Canada, and becomes Cdn, they are then an African Cdn, if they keep dual citizenship.

As far as liberalism, it seems a little different with each country...
edit on 25-2-2017 by snowspirit because: Fixed quote

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join