It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearly this is madness at the highest degree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

No, the Constitution applies to United States citizens only. Immigrants have limited protections because they are, duh, not citizens.

Pity the returning permanent resident Green cards turned out to such be a nuisance for Trump, or should we blame that on the immigration agents doing their own thing, and not Trump trumping down to them.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

With all due respect, do not think with your heart, use the organ that was designed for thinking. If we all thought with our hearts we'd all be screwed, we need to think with our brain then with what comes from that thought we need to carefully consider what is left with our hearts.

If we were all 'only touchy-feely' we'd be a nation that is a goner.

********************** Starred.

If we were all 'only touchy-feely' we'd be a nation of *bleeding hearted snowflakes*

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Have fun in N. Korea. Let's see you do this there, criticizing the government.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Have fun in N. Korea. Let's see you do this there, criticizing the government.

Seems if it was up to Trump you wouldnt be able to do it here either. Only while he's president of course.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

"originally posted by: sweetypie215
Does he have a heart at all? "

With all due respect, do not think with your heart, use the organ that was designed for thinking. If we all thought with our hearts we'd all be screwed, we need to think with our brain then with what comes from that thought we need to carefully consider what is left with our hearts.

With all due respect, I know that you mean well.

Funny that, if all of us mainly in the West were a little more touchy-feely in the first place, there would not be so many disparate immigrants from destroyed countries in the first place. Besides that, how many world leaders have been using their brains in the right manner the last four or more decades.
However what the US now have, is someone who's brains reside, not in his head or his heart, but in his own rear end, and has people around him who don't know their arse from their elbow.

Here's one example...today I think, (almost worthy of a thread on it's own)
Frederick Douglass did “an amazing job” and CNN is “fake news,” President Trump says in African-American History Month listening session.
Press ask Spicer on what did Trump mean exactly,
Reply,

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Er...yes you can.....even up to him.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

"originally posted by: sweetypie215
Does he have a heart at all? "

With all due respect, I know that you mean well.

Funny that, if all of us mainly in the West were a little more touchy-feely in the first place, there would not be so many disparate immigrants from destroyed countries in the first place. Besides that, how many world leaders have been using their brains in the right manner the last four or more decades.
However what the US now have, is someone who's brains reside, not in his head or his heart, but in his own rear end, and has people around him who don't know their arse from their elbow.

Here's one example...today I think, (almost worthy of a thread on it's own)
Frederick Douglass did “an amazing job” and CNN is “fake news,” President Trump says in African-American History Month listening session.
Press ask Spicer on what did Trump mean exactly,
Reply,
[yvid]

I was trying to be nice to the young lady, now that I see that she doesn't even begin to understand what ALL of the posters here tried to tell her, I take it all back, I hope that she enjoys her new home in North Korea, that is evidently where she wants to belong thinking as she does.
The world would be better (probably) if we were all touchy-feely, but the world doesn't work that way, I wish it did. In the real world things are much tougher, all I was doing was trying to help her see what we see in the video that she was asked to watch. I believe in immigration, I don't believe in illegal immigration, ALTHOUGH I will say that I do understand WHY they do want to come here.
I am not about to get into all of that, or any fake news stuff, I am not an arguing type, I was just actually being as nice as I could and explaining it as nice as possible, I like being helpful. If she watched the video I can't say, she didn't mention that. If I was asking the questions that she asked I would 'have to see' what was in front of me, she can't see that. It's as simple as that really, I am sorry to say.
Really, I thought that she would come back and say that it makes some sense, but she actually came back and was even more adamant about her stance, one that she already had in her head even after she wrote her first post.
Some people just can't be helped, or, they can't listen, if they don't listen I will only stop trying, I am not going to change her mind, so I can't help her out.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

********************** Starred.

If we were all 'only touchy-feely' we'd be a nation of *bleeding hearted snowflakes*

I was just trying to be nice but what you said is also true, I saw someone who asked an innocent question, or so I believed at that time, now, she is a certified *what you said* that will not listen to any good reason.

edit on 1-2-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

We have been bombing the hell out of Muslims for the past 8 years, but as soon as legally banning them is mentioned people like you freak out.

Where is your outrage over Obama bombing Muslims?

Obama bombs, silence.
Trump bans, protests.

edit on 2017-02-01T19:20:53-06:002201701America/Chicago2 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Use your own head. Research. Study. Stay objective and then draw your own conclusions.

I feel confident you may actually change your view.

sweetiepye is absolutely correct already. Used my own head, researched, studied, and ignored people like you. My conclusion is that I gave it ten days, and my view is more cemented than ever.

Trump and his entire fan club are utterly insane. And the more the OP looks outside of ATS, the more evidence they will find. Leading to the conclusion that ATS is not sound either. I find it much easier to debunk your nonsense now because I realize that all you watch is "fake news" based on "alternative facts" and you haven't got the slightest idea what this all means.

None of you all. You are going to be very rudely awakened from the stupor you are in.

edit on 2/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: loam

Use your own head. Research. Study. Stay objective and then draw your own conclusions.

I feel confident you may actually change your view.

Trump and his entire fan club are utterly insane. And the more the OP looks outside of ATS, the more evidence they will find. Leading to the conclusion that ATS is not sound either.

This right here is truth. Trump and his fan club are utterly batsh#t insane. They've gone total bye bye. They live in the land of nutty make believe. Their leader is seriously mentally ill. He's a total f'n nutjob. And their support of him is the most ridiculous pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life. The sh#t they have to turn a blind eye to is just shameful. They forfeit any right to respect. I applaud anyone who can respect these people. I can't. I can't respect ISIS. I can't respect Nazis. I can't respect the KKK, and I can't respect douche bags or bullies, and I can't respect Trump or his supporters. That's my flaw... but I'm trying.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Excellent troll post, OP! Just funny.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I like your self description.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I like your self description.

I like your avatar.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: PistolPete
a reply to: seeker1963

Well there were plenty of people that considered Obama "not my President".

You're not wrong about the protests. I wish these people would have been on the ball when Obama left his populist message and became a corporatist, personally.

Then why are you defending them?

The real Democratic party is being taking over by a lunatic fringe and instead of taking things personally by those of us bringing attention to those on the extreme you guys defend them instead of condemning their actions! You have no idea how many Democrats I converted to a Trump vote just by showing them the violent protests at our colleges against Conservative students!

The Democratic Party has a disease, and instead of attacking those of us bringing up the abhorrent behavior to protect your party, you should seriously take a look at getting some chemo therapy to destroy the tumor that is killing your party?

Whose party am I defending? My party? I'm a registered independent that abstained from voting for either of those clowns this year. I have voted for a libertarian candidate in the previous four Presidential Elections. And I'm not going to lie to you, I was somewhat relieved Hillary didn't win.

I didn't attack anyone - that's silly to even say. I pointed out the cognitive dissonance that's being employed that suggests that Obama was allowing terrorists unfettered access to the country and Trump has just drastically changed that.

Just in this thread I pointed out the hypocrisy of both the right and the left and criticised Obama but yet you label me a Democrat - because you disagree with what I said and you aren't one?

Hyper-partisan blinders is the cancer I'd like to see be removed, myself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

So do I. I think it's beautiful, as much as previously.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

We have been bombing the hell out of Muslims for the past 8 years, but as soon as legally banning them is mentioned people like you freak out.
Where is your outrage over Obama bombing Muslims?
Obama bombs, silence.
Trump bans, protests.

Selective outrage

Obama had a distinct advantage as in being black/Muslim? (query) as not

really black, and not sure if Muslim.

I am amazed at the *group hugs* mentality that exists as if thats the cure

all of humanity .....(shakes head)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Mentioned it in another thread, I'll say it again.

If you think Trump is bad, just be glad he's not John Adams... Trump is a mild form of the man.

You know, the second President of the United States.

I must admit, it's interesting to see that Adams and Hamilton are still at each other's throats to this day.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

We were outraged about the entire stupid war. Obama knew that going in.

I was against his bombings. I've been 'outraged' about it for 8 years. How do you think the people living there feel? They are so traumatized now they can't even think straight. They are just barely surviving.

It's horrible.

Banning them is adding insult to injury. And Obama didn't need millions marching to know bombing them was wrong. He wanted to stay out. You all bitched that he wasn't doing enough. You said we can't just pick off the rabid ones - we had to destroy the entire region. The targeted drone program has been picking off leaders, but also killing civilians. We have not been "silent."

Bombing someone else's enemies and then leaving them in the burning rubble is asinine. It's inhumane, psychotic behavior.
Only monsters do such things.

Obama wanted to stay out of it altogether. But no. You all pitched fits and wanted him to step up, calling him a sympathizer, a communist, a Muslim himself. It was preposterous then, but we still trusted. I have been talking about the bombings for 8 years. Anyone with a brain knows that these people will be scarred for life. Their children's lives have been thoroughly infused with horror, trauma, loss, and indescribable fear.

You think they deserve to be just left to die?

THAT is sick thinking.
Very very sick thinking.

So. Now that we have the "silence" part debunked, let's discuss Trump. He wants to nuke them.. He said we need to waterboard them and take out their families. THAT is insanity. He STILL thinks we should be waterboarding people and killing their families.

"You have to kill their families." Who says sh!t like that? Monsters. Of course they will be pushed over the edge by the sheer brutality of such thinking. It makes him as bad as ISIS. It means they've won.

They are clearly mentally ill people with no capacity for empathy. Now we have one, too. He says "I love them" in one sentence about Mexicans, or Chinese, or Women, or whoever, and then says they need to be punished. They need to be "disciplined."

He isn't God. And he is CERTAINLY no king.
Make no mistake. The military will not go along with this utterly barbaric stuff.

TWENTY VETERANS A DAY TAKE THEIR OWN LIVES. That is due to the terrorism of all of this horror. Are our veterans messed up?
YES.

Are the survivors and refugees and vicitms in the ME messed up?
YES.

Does more bombing or rejection or eviction or deportation or detention or waterboarding or slaughtering of innocent people help?
NO.

It just makes things worse. And worse and worse.
A basic grasp on human behavior theory would tell any sane person this.

"COLLATERAL DAMAGE." It affects us all.

Dirty Wars by Jeremy Scahill. Read it.

edit on 2/2/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Tell them to stop killing people and using their families as shields. Then they'll be left alone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join